Is Memory Maker Worth It?

CoolBama

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if it's actually worth purchasing the memory maker? We are a couple going for the first time together (I've been a couple of times a long time ago but this is the first time for her). We'll be there for five days so I was wondering if it's worth it or not?

A couple of years ago I would have said yes. We get it with the annual pass now and I am glad I don't pay extra for it. The quality has gone down, IMO.

If you're meeting characters a bunch then yes, get it.

Welcome to the DIS!

"Worth it" in terms of what? It's too hard to answer that without some more information:

- Will you be bringing your own camera? If so, cast members can take photos with your camera.
- Are attraction photos of interest to you? If so, those are included with Memory Maker.
- Will you be doing character photos?
- There are special "magic shots" that include digital graphics superimposed on top of them. Do a Google search to find them.

Basically, it comes down to a lot of factors. Take a look at the products page here and do the math to see how many photos you'd need to buy on your own to break even, then weigh it against your priorities: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/keepsakes/index/notlogged/

I think it's worth it. Even in the rain, when the photographers were hard to find, we came home with over 1,000 photos in our 7 days. They captured some beautiful shots.

Welcome to the DIS!

"Worth it" in terms of what? It's too hard to answer that without some more information:

- Will you be bringing your own camera? If so, cast members can take photos with your camera.
- Are attraction photos of interest to you? If so, those are included with Memory Maker.
- Will you be doing character photos?
- There are special "magic shots" that include digital graphics superimposed on top of them. Do a Google search to find them.

Basically, it comes down to a lot of factors. Take a look at the products page here and do the math to see how many photos you'd need to buy on your own to break even, then weigh it against your priorities: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/keepsakes/index/notlogged/

We will both have our iPhone's that we would use for photo's if we did not purchase the memory maker. I have an iPhone 8 and the picture quality on it is pretty good for me. The attraction photos do interest me. I also think the videos are pretty neat as well. The only downfall is we will more than likely not be doing many character photos unless they have a really short line.

It really depends on the person. It comes with our AP and we love it. We used to avoid the people with cameras. Now we get as many as we can. Love the onride photos and videos automatically downloaded to us.
Would I pay what they want fo rit? hard to tell. If I had small kids and we were doing a lot of meet and greets, probably. Otherwise, I might do it for one trip and then pass after that.

I think it is. We had too many trips (without memory maker) where we didn't get enough good photos. Often one of us was taking the picture so not many family pics. Memory maker makes it easy. Plus it's really cool to get the ride pics and videos which I would never usually buy.

We found it worth it (couple, no kids). I didn’t have to bring a camera and it gave us incentive to stop at as many photopass locations as possible. We also stopped into see characters just for the heck of it. We’re going again this summer for 3 days and I know it won’t be worth it but our 6 day trip was great

I was wondering if it's actually worth purchasing the memory maker? We are a couple going for the first time together (I've been a couple of times a long time ago but this is the first time for her). We'll be there for five days so I was wondering if it's worth it or not?

For us, no! We have had it this past year as we had APs, but otherwise would not have purchased it. Was upset that it was built in (with price) of AP and we had no other choice.

I think so! DH and I went just the 2 of us last November and bought Memory Maker. We got so many great ride photos, character meet pics, and just random pics all over the place. Definitely worth it and we will buy it this year when we go with our boys.

yes, i ended up with tons of great photos with everyone in them. if i went back, i would do it again.

We are a couple and we get it every trip. The ride pics are worth it. Plus we also about 500 more from cm's. Well worth it for a couple.

With that said, I'm getting an AP and so I'm sooooo excited for the free ride photos!!!!

If you have a strict budget though, I would put the money towards something else.

My husband and I paid for MM in December and I absolutely thought it was worth it. I ended up with about 200 photos and I stopped at every Photopass Photographer I saw during our 5 day trip. When you go as a couple it is very difficult to get pictures of the two of you together without asking others to take your picture. My husband hates when I bother others for a picture. For the price I paid I didn't have to bother anyone, my husband didn't get annoyed with me for asking others to take a picture, and I got many quality pictures that I was able to put into a photo book.

A couple of years ago I would have said yes. We get it with the annual pass now and I am glad I don't pay extra for it. The quality has gone down, IMO.

If you're meeting characters a bunch then yes, get it.
I also have an AP but I’d like to ask how you think the quality has gone down. I haven’t noticed much of a change.

Thinking of the same. Last time the CM took every photo with my phone, and an extra with her camera so I can see how it would look.

I remember for the ride attractions, I took a screen shot of the image from MDE and just blew that up and kept it lol

I also have an AP but I’d like to ask how you think the quality has gone down. I haven’t noticed much of a change.

On one of our recent trips we had many photos that came out pretty bad with lighting, etc. Many times we would ask for photos and the photographer seemed annoyed. Had trouble getting Magic Shots.

It's nice to have it as part of the AP, but I would have to think hard before paying for it separately again. We do enjoy the ride photos and videos very much, though. Tough call for me.

I'm hoping it's better on our next trip. It was fantastic the first time we used it a few years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!