is it worth going to the pepper market for CS if we aren't staying there?

kha100399

Mouseketeer
the menu looks great, and we have never done CS, we did deluxe on our first trip, and this is our second trip. So would you go to the pepper market, if you weren't staying at the coronado?

thanks

I enjoy PM and if you are interested in trying it, go for it! Then you can look around the resort. I think its very pretty there.

I think its definitely worth it on the dining plan as a CS.

Maggie

No. We avoided it even when we stayed at CSR -- very disappointing for both food and service.

Worst food on property, in my opinion. Made a special trip there in December and ordered dinner. Inedible.

We stayed at CS last January and only ate at PM once. We weren't thrilled with it and it is expensive for counter service...if you are on the DP I guess it would be more worth it.

Go for it! Make it an excuse to check out the resort.

We like the PM and Maya Grill, and have gone there even when we don't stay at CSR, though it's become our moderate resort of choice now.

It's only counter service after all, and not everyone's cup of tea. Your food may be ready earlier or later than others in your party if they've gone to different sections. Most people don't like the 10% service charge, and the prices are higher that other mod. CS since Disney doesn't run the food locations at CSR. This can make it an expensive OOP meal. Neither of these is an issue if you are on a DDP. The up side is that most dishes are made fresh in front of you, or at least assembled in front of you for the pre-made items, so you can alter to your taste.

We don't expect a restaurant quality meal from a counter service location, but find the food is pretty good. Sure the steaks are small and sometimes fatty, but we ask at the grill first before we order and if it's fatty today we order something else. I have yet to try the new menu, but I'm sure I'll find a few things I like. Compared to other CS locations, they have a much more extensive selection.

Pepper market is great, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. If you aren't going to the parks and want to spend some time at CSR, then go ahead and try it. Otherwise I would skip it.

Neverf ate at Pepper Market but I don't think I would make a special trip to a resort for a CS meal. It just takes too much transportation time. Of course if you wanted to check out the resort it could be worthwhile.

We did! We were on our way to check in at the AKL and DH really wanted to eat at the Pepper Market..the food was good but man it was not cheap! 2 dinners, 2 drinks and 2 desserts was over $50

Neverf ate at Pepper Market but I don't think I would make a special trip to a resort for a CS meal. It just takes too much transportation time. Of course if you wanted to check out the resort it could be worthwhile.

We've eaten at PM, & thought it was okay. I definitely wouldn't make a special trip to eat there. Like tndisneyfan, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at any of the resort CS restaurants, unless I had a lot of time to waste.

We were on DDP last year and thought this would be a great place to eat for a CS. We were pretty dissapointed in the food and service from the people taking orders. Would have rather eaten at the CS at our hotel.

On one hand I don't like the way the pepper mart operates. But there burgers are good and my son loved there Quesadillas. And yes they are more $$$ there in my opinion.

We made a big effort to try the Pepper Market. Two different trips we tried to go for lunch and the conventions being held at the hotel had just let out for lunch - the lines were atrocious - we didn't stay. They say three times is a charm - on our third trip we were able to be seated without a huge wait. We thought the food was just okay - and it was expensive - even for Disney. We won't be back and are sorry we wasted so much time trying to give it a try

my dh and i went there for lunch on a non park day. we were on the ddp, i doubt we would have done it otherwise. We also had our own transportation. I had chicken fajitas, and dh had the quesadilla. I liked mine well enough. I doubt we'll go back unless we stay there, but it was good enough. I was glad we tried it.

Even though we didn't stay there, my family and I have gone twice and enjoyed it tremendously for a counter service. We timed it for our afternoon break so we left Disney Studios (which we aren't crazy about any of their CS's) and ate lunch at PM. There is something for everyone and if you're on the dining plan it is well worth it. It gives you a great opportunity to check out a really cool resort at the same time.

We've been twice. The first time, some years back, was perfectly fine, and everyone was able to find something they liked.

On our second visit a couple of years ago, we were there over the Christmas holidays. The food was OK, but it's the ONLY time at WDW that we got poor service. Actually, we didn't get any service of any sort.. Nothing. So, when I sweetly mentioned this to the cashier as we were leaving, because while I don't object to the automatic 10% gratuity, I would have liked to have gotten some sort of service, if nothing other than a drink refill or bussed table.

She got the manager, who promptly made things right. Boy, DID he!! ($$$). And while I didn't want to get a CM in trouble over the holidays, I got the distinct impression this wasn't the first time that had happened in the area we were sitting.

I'd go back, but the rest of the family? No way would they even consider it. I wouldn't make a special trip.

We stay at the CSR every time. The Pepper Market is a love it or hate it type place. We eat there about twice during each trip (I'd make it three or four times if I had to ever eat at the Whispering Canyon Cafe or Hollywood & Vine again). We enjoy the food and have never had a bad meal (although I don't care for their fries). The PM is NOT owned by Disney. I will admit some of the servers are not the friendliest I have ever run across. Is it expensive? Yes, if you are not on the dining plan, it is. There is also a 10% automatic gratuity. If you are on the dining plan, you don't pay it. If you aren't, you do pay it. To avoid it, you can take your food "to go" and sit at one of the tables by the lake (which is what we normally do anyway just to enjoy the resort surroundings).

Would we make a special trip if we weren't staying at CSR? We might, we might not. We've made special trips to the POR food court (the best food court of all of the mods), the CBR (one of the worse food courts we've ever eaten at) and Mara at the AKL (but that is because we wanted to see the resort).

If you want to look at the CSR for consideration for a future trip and have a car and some spare time you might want to try it. If not, I don't think I would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter