Is it true there is a large bed bug problem in the states?

kyl

disneyfun
Just been reading maybe a little to much about bed bugs and I have to say check your mattress before accepting any room. It appears there has been an increase in bed bugs in the states lately due to their dollar being so low and having many international visitors. They have been found mostly in hotel/motel/resorts what ever. It was first brought to my attention the other day when I was watching the view an American televison talk show and they were talking about it. YUK.
I guess we should just be aware of it but not let it spoil our holidays just thought I would give you all the heads up. Check the mattress:scared1::thumbsup2

While I agree, you should check your room, I think the media is blowing the problem out of proportion. Here is a link to a radio report from NPR. It's very balanced and informative about the issue. Also, while bed bugs are not fun, and I wouldn't want to encounter them, much less take them home with me, they are not dirty and don't carry or spread disease.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129701363

They discussed the bed bug issue on the Dis thread discussion podcast this week.

I wonder how Australian customs deals with bed-bugs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter