Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

Six Flags uses them. They are broke more than they work. When they aren't broke (or off) they are out of very specific flavors. STL only has a couple and they are usually a pain and a mess (ice and beverage in the same opening). ATL at least has a building with like 10 of them in it. No line there. But there's a huge mess as people check different machines to see which has what syrup - and then you have people swapping spots to get the mix they want.

Needless to say, not a fan unless they come up with a more effective dispensing system.

I didn't know that!! Maybe it's because I always got my refills at the pool? Great to know as I do appreciate a good cup of tea...even if it's 90 degrees out!!
Yes I don't believe they have all of these options at the pool side bars and such but inside the hotels they do.

I kinda hope they don't, bc I don't drink carbonated sodas but i LOVE the Strawberry Light Minute Maid Lemonade from those machines!!! There goes my money saved on the free water.

I would be happy with this but one of the challenges I see is that they move people through at a much slower pace than the normal machines do. I enjoy the options the machines offer but would be surprised to see Disney move to these in the resorts unless they greatly increase the number of machines compared to the number they have in the resorts right now.

Just got back from a stay at POFQ. And the freestyle machines are a pain in the rear. On my last night there was a guy at the machine for ten whole entire minutes trying to figure out how to use it/what he wanted/filling mugs for what seemed to be every blood relation he could possibly have. It was insane. The ice hoppers don't hold enough ice and had to be refilled on a near constant basis by cast members.
During off peak times, having machines like that is amazing. Lots of choices including flavored waters, etc. But during busy meal times or just after park closing? Nooooope.
So I really hope they don't roll them out resort wide. IMO it would be more hassle than it is worth.

Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

1) Disney IS NOT switching.
2) Coke is switching.
3) ALL fountain syrup by Coke is free to Disney.
4) Repeat, FREE.
5) So, they are trying to jazz-up the demand.

Is the Coke freestyle simply not that common in other parts of the country? Or other countries? I see a lot of them here in Massachusetts, and while people were confused at first, now it's rarely a problem. There are still indecisive kids, but they can be just as much an obstacle at regular soda fountains.

1) Disney IS NOT switching.
2) Coke is switching.
3) ALL fountain syrup by Coke is free to Disney.
4) Repeat, FREE.
5) So, they are trying to jazz-up the demand.
TRS, syrup is not free to Disney, disney does pay almost nothing for it tho. I spent years working in QSR at DHS before my current role and I've seen the numbers. Disney does pay for all coke products, including syrup, but what they pay is very small....

TRS, syrup is not free to Disney, disney does pay almost nothing for it tho. I spent years working in QSR at DHS before my current role and I've seen the numbers. Disney does pay for all coke products, including syrup, but what they pay is very small....
Interesting I've always heard they get the syrup absolutely free due to a advertising agreement. The rest they have to pay for though.

Interesting I've always heard they get the syrup absolutely free due to a advertising agreement. The rest they have to pay for though.
Nope. They pay for the syrup BIBs but they do get the dispensing equipment, and refrigerators for free..

Love the machines but NOT at WDW, unless they will have MANY OF THEM! I can only imagine how long it will take kids to make up their minds! LOL

Nope. They pay for the syrup BIBs but they do get the dispensing equipment, and refrigerators for free..
That's pretty common, or at least was a few decades ago. Back in grad school, we had a small soda dispenser in our lounge, ten cents per cup, and made a tidy profit to use for departmental parties. We only paid for consumables. I'm not sure whether installation was free, since that involved plumbing and getting the university's permission, but the machine itself belonged to the distributor and was rent-free. Volunteers took care of refilling syrup and emptying the coin cup (honor system).

A few years ago, when the resorts converted to the "chipped" refillable mugs, there was a big discussion on the board. People were saying back then that it was a money grab since "Disney got the syrup free." Someone, can't remember exactly who but they were definitely involved in the procurement of the syrup, came on the board then to set the record straight that Disney definitely paid for the syrup. Many people ignored the response then, choosing to debate the issue and insist they didn't pay anything.

Don't know what it is with some people, just like with the Osborne lights. A family spokesman posts on the board and says they definitely are not coming back and Disney returned the display items, but every now and then you see it discussed on the forum again that the Osborne lights are coming back.

For everyone wanting the freestyle machines to get Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb, getting the new machines might not automatically mean getting Dr. Pepper or Pibb. I too enjoy Dr. Pepper better than Coke, but the freestyle machines do not automatically carry either option. Royal Caribbean for example has the freestyle machines, but does not have an option for either Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb.:worried:

I hope not! The cherry coke on those machines tastes NOTHING like an actual cherry coke because its instead just a mix of cherry syrup and coke. Everything just tastes funny too.

I hope not! The cherry coke on those machines tastes NOTHING like an actual cherry coke because its instead just a mix of cherry syrup and coke. Everything just tastes funny too.

But that's what an actual cherry coke is, from back in the good old soda fountain days. If you're comparing tomth bottled stuff, then even the plain coke will taste different between the bottle and dispenser because of the difference in carbonation.

I would rather that they did not get the Freestyle machines. Our local movie theater has them, and people take forever trying to fill their drinks. Too many choices confuses people and slows down the process.

I would rather that they did not get the Freestyle machines. Our local movie theater has them, and people take forever trying to fill their drinks. Too many choices confuses people and slows down the process.
Our local theater has had them for a year or more, and while they may have been slow the first month or two, now I don't find them slower at all. Getting the lid to stay on the cup is a bigger slowdown. Other places, like Fuddruckers and Noodles&Co. have them without noticeable backup.

Kids are going to be slow and blocking the machine regardless of the type of machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!