Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

I just wish someplace, ANYPLACE, would have Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb. Yes yes I know order some from Garden Grover, etc but why waste more money when I already get a refillable mug?

That'll never happen. Disney has a contract with Coke to serve only Cole products. Mr. Pibb might happen and you use to be able to get it in the vending machines outside of MK but to me they don't taste anything a like.

Totally off-topic, but has anyone ever noticed that Dr. Pepper is sometimes a coke product and sometimes a Pepsi product?

Ps if you want a real rush, come down to Texas or order you some Dublin Dr. Pepper!!!!

Totally off-topic, but has anyone ever noticed that Dr. Pepper is sometimes a coke product and sometimes a Pepsi product?

Ps if you want a real rush, come down to Texas or order you some Dublin Dr. Pepper!!!!

It is a distribution thing. Dr. Pepper doesn't have a bottling company close so they sell the syrup to a Pepsi or Coke bottling plant.

Sadly Dublin Dr. Pepper is no longer a thing :(. Dr. Pepper pulled their contract in 2012 as the Dublin bottling plant began selling Dublin Dr. Pepper outside of their distribution agreement so broke the contract. They do bottle and sell Dublin soda but it is not the exact same recipe as it had to be tweeked for legal reasons.

As nice as the Freestyle machines are; they absolutely wouldn't work at Disney with the sheer volume of people using them.

Most of the time they aren't very responsive, that slows down the process.

So many choices that slows down the process.

It might work somewhere like the Chase Lounge in Epcot where there is a limited number of people there, but if you put say 4-5 of these things inside the food court at any of the value resorts it would take forever.

Between the little kids who would want to try every flavor combo, and the seniors who aren't technology adept and easily confused it would be a nightmare.

I just wish someplace, ANYPLACE, would have Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb. Yes yes I know order some from Garden Grover, etc but why waste more money when I already get a refillable mug?

Every freestyle machine I've used (and we have them all over the place since we're in Atlanta) has had Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper! My favorite diet drink is cherry vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper...YUM!

That was my thought with this! I thought- oh! Maybe i can get some Mr. Pibb!

I'm with ya. It's depressing when I travel to somewhere that doesn't have Dr. Pepper or Pibb :sad:

That'll never happen. Disney has a contract with Coke to serve only Cole products. Mr. Pibb might happen and you use to be able to get it in the vending machines outside of MK but to me they don't taste anything a like.

FYI - The refillable drink area in Ft. Wilderness near Trails End serves Mr. Pibb

I've seen rumors about the refillable mug design being changed to remove the handles; supposedly to support the addition of the Freestyle machines. We just returned from POP yesterday and the mugs all had handles, so I'm still unsure about the mug re-design rumor.

I've seen rumors about the refillable mug design being changed to remove the handles; supposedly to support the addition of the Freestyle machines. We just returned from POP yesterday and the mugs all had handles, so I'm still unsure about the mug re-design rumor.
Well there were photos of the mugs without handles.

Just by the one person though, right? I'm wondering if he/she was basically just trolling us all. ;)

Hope not. They do nothing but build lines. I can only imagine the disaster it will be in busy food courts.

Exactly. If they're doing this, I hope they plan to add more drink stations. There's always some kid who wants to try 5 different combinations or someone who doesn't understand how the thing works. And it's particularly annoying because I usually just want ice from the machine so I can head for the tea.

Quick question, now I am aware of Dr Pepper and his cousin Diet Dr Pepper, and the great work they do for the soft drinks movement.

But what the hell is a Mr Pibb (sounds like some creepy guy who should be avoided) lol

The refill mugs better still have handles! I have one travel mug that doesn't have one and I find it awkward. Also with handles it makes it easier for one person to refill the mugs and bring them back to the room.

Quick question, now I am aware of Dr Pepper and his cousin Diet Dr Pepper, and the great work they do for the soft drinks movement.

But what the hell is a Mr Pibb (sounds like some creepy guy who should be avoided) lol

A better (imo) version of Dr. Pepper found in mainly the South and Midwest.

lol Mr. Pibb and Pibb Xtra (which has cinnamon flavor) is kinda sorta but not really like Dr. Pepper. I say kinda sorta but not really because most, though not all, will accept Pibb if Dr. Pepper isn't served/available. From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong) Mr Pibb is not really distributed anymore but instead the Pibb Xtra formula is. I believe Pibb Xtra is labeled something like spicy cherry soda (got that from the wiki page). Pibb's main competitor is Dr. Pepper.

I myself prefer Dr. Pepper but will take Pibb if it's not available. Here in my area of KC both are fairly common.

Hope not. They do nothing but build lines. I can only imagine the disaster it will be in busy food courts.
How about having them in the parks? They were all over the place at Universal last year and we never had to wait in line. I didn't experience any weird tasting drinks either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter