Is a year out too early - never - PTR Dec 23 2010 - Jan 5 2011

mattincanberra

Mouseketeer
Introductions

So far the cast is:

• Me (31)
  • Erica (35)
  • Elizabeth (30) (Erica's sister who lives in London and is a tour guide) (Maybe)

Erica and I live in the Australian capital, Canberra - one of the few major cities in Australia where kangaroos really do hop down the streets!

So we are heading back to Disney World. We last visited in 2008 prior to Erica going to Graduate School for a year in Boston. That was our first real visit to the world (I had been before while attending conventions in Orlando but only for the odd afternoon).

Our last stay was at the Wilderness Lodge for 6 days, we thought that was far too short, so this time we are off for 14 days of magic.

Travel Plans
We havent booked flights yet (because you can't), but expect to get into Olando on the 22nd December, 2010. We will overnight somewhere (at the moment the plan is either the Hyatt at the Airport or Gaylord Palms, and then head to Disney World on the morning of the 23rd.

Resort
Erica likes gingerbread, so there was really no choice for our resort this time round. We have booked a Lodge Tower Room at the Grand Floridian for the duration.

It was really a toss up between the GF Lodge Tower Room and the WL in a deluxe room.

Dining Plan
Given it's an all out Disney extravaganza for Christmas we have booked the Platinum Plan. We did the platinum plan last time and feel like we got good value out of it - its a lot of food, but there is something extra magical about being able to do basically anything you want and not have to put your hand in your pocket all the time.

We have already sat down and started working through the dining options, we plan to eat in every Signature restaurant over the two weeks, as well as two or three trips to Victoria and Alberts.

My Birthday falls during our stay and we are hoping to be able to get the Chefs Table that night.

So at the moment the food plans are:

Breakast:
Grand Floridian Cafe
A Buffet with Character at The Crystal Palace
Kona Cafe
Kouzzina by Cat Cora
The Wave
Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant
Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
Beach Club Breakfast Buffet at Cape May Cafe
Boma-Flavors of Africa
‘Ohana’s Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch
and a couple of Room Service Breakfasts

Lunch:
Grand Floridian Cafe
Restaurant Marrakesh
Liberty Tree Tavern
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Rainforest Cafe (AK)
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Sanaa
Coral Reef Restaurant
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant

Dinner:
Cítricos
Chefs de France
Victoria & Albert’s (A Couple of Times)
California Grill
Yachtsman Steakhouse
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Fulton’s Crab House
Jiko-The Cooking Place
Narcoossee’s
Flying Fish Cafe
Artist Point
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Other Plans
Last time we spent a fair amount of time in the tank with the fish at EPCOT, and although that was fun it did seem to eat a whole lot of time. We are planning on doing the Backstage Magic Tour, the Yuletide Fantasy, and one of the EPCOT Tours.

I am now waiting to see if the new Segway tour at EPCOT is offered within the plan - and would swap out our behind the scenes Futureworld tour for that.

I am also tossing up whether to do the Animal Kingdom backstage tour, or the wild by design tour.

The candlelight processional is on the list for Christmas Eve.

We are planning to do the 2 park/One Day VIP Tour at Universal (Erica is a Harry Potter fan).

Well thats about all i can think of for now, but it's a start, and I will try to keep updates coming as we work through our plans.

PS Stacey at DU has been wonderful in booking this trip - and I feel like I am supporting the people that bring us these fabulous boards where I have learnt so much from by using DU for our bookings. Thanks guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts