IMPORTANT: Watch for missing photos

Sunshine2U

Disney Nana
Just off the Wonder and will try to post some additional notes later. Big take away for us and others in our cruise group is that some of the Shutters photos we took were not matched up to our room. They are using facial recognition to match. Here's what to do to prevent it from becoming a big deal.

1) Keep watch during the cruise for missing photos. If you purchased the USB package, go to Shutters early in the cruise and learn how to view the photos (and optionally download) on your phone. Otherwise go by Shutters often to check your photos on the kiosks.

2) The kiosk in Shutters has a way for you to look for missing photos. Once they show you how to search, it's easy to add photos to your account.

3) If the missing photos are not on the kiosk, the Shutters staff can take some basic information from you and locate them. We had 2 of 3 princesses from the Meet and Greet. They were able to find Cinderella by going back to their files.

It is much easier to find and add the photos while on the cruise. I keep wondering if there are photos we posed for and forgot about. But I think I have them all. Just wanted to share this with everyone so you can watch out during the cruise. Like I said, I've seen several posts where people disembarked with a USB and realized later photos are missing. There are steps they can take but it's easier to handle while on board.

Last edited:
It’s also helpful to take your own photo if you have a longer cruise. Helps remind you so you don’t miss any. We went home with out Hook. And my little pirate looked so great and I forgot about the upstairs photo.

In good news, We recently got back from the magic and realized our goofy photos were missing from castaway cay. We emailed the company and they were able to find and email the missing photos to us within one week of us submitting the request. Of course, you have to wait for the ship to respond to them. It was also helpful that I knew the time of day and location of the photo and they asked for a photo of our daughter to use as a reference when looking for it. Easy process and I’m so happy they found it!

At least three people from our cruise were missing Cinderella photos from the Princess Meet and Greet. So definitely something within their system.

They've lost my family's pictures before :sad2: on one cruise. However, don't expect to be able to purchase pictures of each other :headache:, even though your cabins are linked :sad2: Shutters Facial Recognition policy resulted in all 6 staterooms (I went with a group of 12 other people) pictures located in one stateroom account :confused3 :scared1: However, we (my family) were not allowed to buy them :furious: Shutters policy is the only time you can buy photos from another stateroom is if someone from your stateroom is in the photo or if the other cabin (occupants) are your unmarried children. We confirmed that grandparents who are not in the photo with their grandchildren wouldn't be able to buy those photos :confused:

We confirmed that grandparents who are not in the photo with their grandchildren wouldn't be able to buy those photos

If I remember correctly... when you buy the digital photos, you actually get the right to reproduce/print the photos. So you could take the digital photo to a photo store to get copies for the grandparents. If the photo store require a copyright release form, I believe there's one available online.

I just got off of the Dream this morning. My pictures were in Pluto Red 7. I found a lot of my pictures in The other Pluto 7 colored folders. Tip for those who want their prints...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter