• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm.........

I’m getting worried about my mom - she has a slight case of shingles, but the pain is really bad - it’s been 2 weeks now. She’s seeing her doctor Monday.
Anyone here dealt with shingles?
Hope she can get some relief. No experience here but hear it is quite painful

I’m getting worried about my mom - she has a slight case of shingles, but the pain is really bad - it’s been 2 weeks now. She’s seeing her doctor Monday.
Anyone here dealt with shingles?
I had mild case a few years ago, but it was caught very quickly, so it stayed confined to a pretty small area. I know I was lucky, and I hope your mom feels better soon!

I’ve thought about this before, but just saying this now…
@PollyannaMom , I am always happy to see your fish swimming around in your signature. We lived in an apartment growing up, and fish were pets that were allowed. I almost always have had fish as pets.:fish:

I’ve thought about this before, but just saying this now…
@PollyannaMom , I am always happy to see your fish swimming around in your signature. We lived in an apartment growing up, and fish were pets that were allowed. I almost always have had fish as pets.:fish:
Thank you for reminding me to update that! DS is 22 now, and we added a leopard gecko to the menagerie!

Reactions: slo

I had to look them up. How long will yours become?

I can't measure him right now because he's sleeping in his little log hide-out, but I think about 9 inches. He's really DS's, but it's been too cold in their college rental lately, so he moved him back here at Thanksgiving.

They have more personality than I expected - it's fun to watch him!

I can't measure him right now because he's sleeping in his little log hide-out, but I think about 9 inches. He's really DS's, but it's been too cold in their college rental lately, so he moved him back here at Thanksgiving.

They have more personality than I expected - it's fun to watch him!
I read about their personality, maybe they recognize their name. Not 100% sure about that, but the article seemed to indicate that.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes for my mom. She’s going to the doctor today in hopes of getting relief. She said the rash is getting better, but the internal pain is hard to deal with.

I’m going to start my holiday cookies this weekend. Anyone else starting their holiday baking? I know many people that bake and then freeze. I don’t do this, I bake my cookies real close to Christmas. What I’m going to start making are my Oreo Balls and Peanut Butter Balls. Those easily stay refrigerated for weeks and weeks. I asked Katie (who’s my baking partner) if she‘d be ok if I did these while she’s still at school and she said she didn’t care, so I’m doing that this weekend 🙂👍🏻

Thank you everyone for your well wishes for my mom. She’s going to the doctor today in hopes of getting relief. She said the rash is getting better, but the internal pain is hard to deal with.

I’m going to start my holiday cookies this weekend. Anyone else starting their holiday baking? I know many people that bake and then freeze. I don’t do this, I bake my cookies real close to Christmas. What I’m going to start making are my Oreo Balls and Peanut Butter Balls. Those easily stay refrigerated for weeks and weeks. I asked Katie (who’s my baking partner) if she‘d be ok if I did these while she’s still at school and she said she didn’t care, so I’m doing that this weekend 🙂👍🏻
Done with baking.
I do freeze. Too many and too busy to do them close.
Some have already been delivered. My freezer is full.

I’m now $300 lighter - poor Katie called Kevin in a panic because her keys broke off her lanyard (the ring they were on) and she has no idea where they are. She’s retraced her steps multiple times, asked people if they got turned in and nothing. So Kevin called a locksmith to meet her in the parking lot to make her a new car key. Today has turned out to be an expensive day :headache:

I’m making some booze balls this weekend, along with my Peanut butter balls and Oreo balls.

I’m partially using my MIL’s recipe for Whiskey Balls (I’ve tried it before, but it needs to be altered) which get rolled in powdered sugar, so I’m hoping my alterations work. I’m then going to partially use this recipe again to make Amaretto Balls (I’m very excited about this) and I’m coating these in chocolate. Kevin bought me a new bottle of Amaretto, so I’m ready to go 🙂👍🏻
98BECCE2-0569-4306-8A60-3A94FDAD07A6.jpeg

How is your mom, slo?

Tom and T thoroughly enjoyed the Candlelight Processional last night. Daymond John was the narrator. He was very much in the spirit of the season, and gave a very poignant personal statement at the end.

We have a very light schedule today. We move to BLT, and have dinner with Meriweather and her DH. ::yes::

Thanks for asking bobbi - she’s still in a lot of pain. The doctor gave her a nerve blocker, but she’s afraid to take it due to the possible side effects. The doctor told her it could take months for the pain to go away. She‘s frustrated because she got the shingle vaccine, but maybe she’d be worse if she didn’t get it. She‘s going on 4 weeks now with this. Hopefully it will start subsiding soon,

I’m bushed….I just finished making approx 100 chocolate covered peanut butter balls. Katie asked me to make extra PB Balls and Oreo Balls so she can take a bunch of them back to school with her in a month. In the last 3 days I’ve made….
100 PB balls
80 Oreo balls
60 Whiskey balls
30 Amaretto
Totaling approx 270 balls and I still need to make another batch of Amaretto balls after I get more pecans.

I haven’t started baking my cookies yet - that’s this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter