• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm.........

Another night of storms,.....wind, heavy rain, wind, thunder, lightning and wind.
The clean up will happen again this morning. Yard and pool.
At least we had power. DD lost power at her house for 6 hours.

Booked the rest of the family port adventures for our Disney cruise. DD had no power, so I was on the phone with her getting hers done.
All done.

Another night of storms,.....wind, heavy rain, wind, thunder, lightning and wind.

Booked the rest of the family port adventures for our Disney cruise. DD had no power, so I was on the phone with her getting hers done.
All done.
You are doing great planning for your DCL cruise!

Are such terrible storms “normal” for this time of the year?

Here, we are normal temperature wise, nothing in 90’s yet which makes me at ease concerning our pond. I am still recovering from operation, so I am missing pool. Tom, however, does need a biopsy, he has a nodule on lung, and will be needing surgery. His cold is lingering and that has put the biopsy off for over a week. We both are anxious enough, and just want to know what he is dealing with.

Here, we are normal temperature wise, nothing in 90’s yet which makes me at ease concerning our pond. I am still recovering from operation, so I am missing pool. Tom, however, does need a biopsy, he has a nodule on lung, and will be needing surgery. His cold is lingering and that has put the biopsy off for over a week. We both are anxious enough, and just want to know what he is dealing with.

Second round of booking.....we did ours a couple weeks ago. I was just going to do DS's families but had to do DD's too because of no WiFi for her.

Rain is expected. We are entering monsoon season. But heat is higher than usual. Should be 113 today.
Thunder and lightning are not unusual, but not frequent. Dust storms are common.
But.....not all those things together at once!

Good luck to Tom!! Never good not really knowing what is going on.

All done.

You are really getting hammered with the storms - I hope your cleanup is easy

I’m sorry to hear about Tom - please keep us updated with how he’s doing.

I’m going to work to rest after a very busy last 4 days.
DD’s team played 8 games in the last 4 days and 3 of those yesterday in the cold and rain - it was awful. The girls persevered though and kept winning and eventually won the whole thing - champions! I’m so proud of them - it was a great group effort!

Good news from Tom!

Got back to recovery at 11:00. No collapsed lung. X-ray at 12 and 1. You should get a call around 2 to pick me up.

So, next step will be to meet with doctor on Thursday, get a surgeon lined up. We understand this is something small, and hopefully can be dealt with.

Last edited:

I am headed to Omaha today. Have fun everyone.
Well I enjoyed omaha, got work done, went to ball game, came home.

Spent one night in my bed.

Then headed to caldwell Texas spent the weekend for the fourth. Then spent one night in my bed.

Drive 600 miles to see my Dad.
Spent three days and night.

Then drive 550 miles to visit a cousin in Indiana. Her daughter was getting married. Spent three days there.

We drove 5 hours and stopped. I had to sleep. I have been living on 5 hours a night. And it was just not working...

I will finish the drive back to my Dad's today spend the night and then back to Texas to our house.

Spend one night in my bed and back to caldwell....

I am so tired. 🤪

I’m excited to say we will have a day without rain today after having so much rain and grey skies for the last multiple days. My flowers and grass look great!!

No rain or storms here in Cale May. Parts of Philadelphia area got clobbered on Monday!

We have a guest from OK. She’s also a DVC member we met on a Member Cruise in 2015.. She’s been here before, and we have a few get togethers with some other local friends. We are planning a Gal’s Meet in March at DVC’s HHI resort. This is a chance for all of us gals to meet each other.

Just another example of how belonging on Disboards has enriched my life. I had arranged a Candy/Snack exchange on that DVC MC. It’s been fun meeting the exchangers!

We'll see if the solar panel person cancels.
Monsoon rains right now with some thunder and lightning. No wind, so that is good.
But no way should they go on the roof right now. Our window is 10-12, so we'll see.

The solar panel guy made it. One panel had risen a bit, very small. It sure made a lot of noise though. You could hear it all over the house. It is now fixed. We had a tile that come up, so DH fixed it, so all is good for now.

The kids were out playing in the rain all morning. Arizona babies love when it rains!!18229.jpeg

I’m not to happy with DDs tournament schedule this weekend. Friday night they have games at 5:15pm and 8:45pm and then Saturday morning at 8:30am (the girls are required to be there an hour early before the game). The fields are over an hour away - so I would get home at 11:30ish to turn around and leave again around 6:00am - not good. DH told me he doesn’t want me driving that distance at these hours while I’m tired and told me to get a hotel room. Being the cheapskate that I am, I hesitated about this, but I decided he’s right and booked a room. Whoever made this schedule really screwed up - you don’t expect a team in the last game of the night to be there for the first game in the morning. Oh well….it is, what it is

Currently, pretending that I'm working. When I left work last week I didn't save my work to my thumbdrive, assuming I'd be at work on Friday....darn quarantine and no remote desktop. Don't want to start from over from scratch, as I like what I'd accomplished so far. So I'm just adding detail to slides with the hope that they magically will work with what I'd started before leaving. Although with my luck the workshop will be canceled....but hey, I'll have t ready for next time.

Reactions: slo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter