• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

I booked a resort studio for 2 nights in September to celebrate my 50th. Now I'm not sure I made the right choice.
Are there any pluses?
Is there a toaster?

I vaguely recall reading that soundproofing was an issue before the DVC conversion. Does anyone else recall what soundproofing was like before the conversion?

I booked a resort studio for 2 nights in September to celebrate my 50th. Now I'm not sure I made the right choice.
Are there any pluses?
Is there a toaster?

You can request the toaster, but as of now, it is not standard. Neither is a regular coffee pot...just the Keirug, so if you want that, its a request as well.

I was woken up at 8:23 by loud, vibrating construction equipment like a jackhammer. It is ten minutes later and they are still going. Im a pretty sound sleeper, this is LOUD. Seriously, this couldn’t wait until 9:30?

I had planned to sleep in and probably take a nap also for the late hours tonight. Looks like that isn’t happening.

Im on the ground floor. My view is the building next door, which is currently a very loud construction site.

My kid is still asleep, so maybe today won’t be a total failure. I can’t even yell at the front desk because I don’t want to wake up my kid.

I'm at VGF2 right now! The room is just stunning. Everything is obviously new. The hallways smells like paint and there's construction equipment in front, so I had to go in the side.

The laundry room is on the first floor right off the lobby. There are USB C plugs in the wall, which I've only seen once at a very fancy hotel. At least one of them doesn't work. The rug is just beautiful. The velvet headboards. The chair cushion has custom embroidery. The lighting is gorgeous. Sconces, a lamp, and automatic reading lamps and spotlights over the beds. There's an old school, manual privacy lock that flips out in front of the door. Keurig with tons of pods, 8 WDW coffee, 1 green tea, 1 breakfast tea. No decaf.

The sleeper sofa is NEAT, like nothing I've ever seen and seems as comfortable as the Poly murphy -- to be fair, I don't consider any Disney beds great. There is a room service menu. There is a price list for extra housekeeping. This would easily fit four scooters. There's a beautiful baseboard that I think will have scooter marks pretty quick. The dresser is massive and the closet is well situated with shelves too, way better storage situation than Poly. Luggage would fit under the beds or in closet. Bathroom is the correct size, as opposed to Poly. I'm not in an accessible room, this would be tough with a chair or mobility issues, no turning radius and really nothing to grab on to. There's a pocket door and a step in shower tub.

I can hear every word of every hallway conversation, I'm not far off the lobby, so decent amount of traffic. I can hear someone walking around with a bunch of keys or something. I have a ground floor, so there are ten landscaping guys right outside my room. There's construction work on this building and another GF building, and it's loud (mid day). The TV is mounted in a big wood frame thing. It's not centered. A piece of my sink stopper is missing. It looks like I have a panel in my closet missing, and there needs be caulk in a few places LOL. I assume those things will be fixed.

And, the moment you've all been waiting for. There's a microwave.
Yay! There are waves…and then there are MICROWAVES! 😜🥳🎉 I am glad that you truly love the new rooms! Thank you for sharing!🥰

I was woken up at 8:23 by loud, vibrating construction equipment like a jackhammer. It is ten minutes later and they are still going. Im a pretty sound sleeper, this is LOUD. Seriously, this couldn’t wait until 9:30?

I had planned to sleep in and probably take a nap also for the late hours tonight. Looks like that isn’t happening.

Im on the ground floor. My view is the building next door, which is currently a very loud construction site.

My kid is still asleep, so maybe today won’t be a total failure. I can’t even yell at the front desk because I don’t want to wake up my kid.

So sorry. That is not a nice way to be woken up. I guess those emails that said "be prepared for construction" weren't an exaggeration. More importantly, the general noise issues could put people off. It will be good when we get more reports from people staying...to see if it is more pronounced on the ground floor?

You got to sleep until 830 am? I don’t remember the last time I was allowed to sleep past 6

This is incredibly frustrating. I think I read this once at like Thanksgiving or something connecting rooms not working at Poly. This is a giant building with a ton of these studios. This should be a really simple request. It's not like I asked for a specific room or anything. I don't understand how this happened. Really disappointed.
Sorry to hear you encountered a few bumps.

Couple things that sets VGF apart from Poly. Poly has 360 studios spread over 2 different "views". VGF2 has 202 studios spread over 3 views. If you have standard view booked, it looks like there are only about 35 pairs of connecting rooms which meet that criteria at Big Pine Key. By comparison, Polynesian has 143 sets of standard view connecting studios. Lake view is a little closer at both with about 35 connecting rooms at each. And there are only 12 VGF theme park view connecting rooms.

Assuming you started this thread on your check-in day, unfortunately Tuesdays aren't very popular arrival/departure days. So the first question is of those ~35 pairs of connecting rooms, did any set have both rooms being vacated on Tuesday? If not, there's no way they could give you connecting rooms.

Upon inquiring about a move, they could see if the neighboring room to either of the two current assignments was being vacated on Wednesday. I assume that wasn't the case. They could also check to see if any other pair of rooms had both parties checking-out today. That would require both groups to relocate--and again Wednesdays aren't big turnover days.

Probably a much greater chance of getting connecting rooms with Friday - Sunday arrival.

And yea, there's no meaningful lobby here. If your lock malfunctions, you are walking to VGF1, and it's not close. There wasn't even the salesguy there when I got back.
Can't BPK guests get assistance in the main lobby?

They offered to move us to the same floor, but why would I want them on ground floor? So, yea. I guess they're on the fourth floor.
Pick your poison. Sounds like they tried to help.

If we assume that the resort staff wasn't just stubbornly trying to make your stay worse, they just didn't have any connecting rooms available to assign.

Noise update. I've been in here a few hours on calls, and now I'm actually freaked out everyone can hear my calls. I can hear the housekeepers talking next door. Someone keeps losing their Apple devices and used the sound to find your phone from your watch multiple times. This is not the loudest sound, quieter than a real ring tone and it legit sounds like it's in my room and I keep checking all my devices. They also did the Apple Tag sound, even quieter, and I kept checking my devices. I had to put them on the desk/vanity so I could keep working and not check my devices.

Also, buddy, how do you keep losing your stuff in a room this small?

I have a noise machine in my owner's locker, but yikes. Looks like this is Poly level noise, which is not good. Hope I have good neighbors! And I hope they aren't drinking around the world and keep losing their stuff all night.

Edit: Oh no. The other neighbor's calls are not going as well as mine. I can hear every word. OK, so they are a little loud, but not yelling or anything. Wow. I guess all the rumors are true.
What is a owner's locker? And when I go with my toddler I sure hope my neighbors do not hate me!

It’s now 11PM. My noise machine is on. The people next to me are upset about their real estate issues, but they don’t seem to have any kids, so once this is done hopefully it’s over. I can hear them ripping up papers. I can hear doors down the hallway opening and closing and the plumbing of toilets flushing. I can hear every word from the hallway that is louder than the noise machine. I can hear what sounds like basic walking around upstairs. And grandma is 3 floors away because they couldn’t fill a basic request out of hundreds of rooms.

At least the people on the other side are asleep.

I can sleep through this, I’m ok. Heck I can sleep through worse than this. But the noise issues are worse than poly IMO. I can see why people paying $800 a night for this room weren’t impressed.

And now I’m imagining some NBA player in the 2020 bubble in this room listening to this neighbor and toilet noise, putting on his headphones and thinking about the four seasons.
Thank you for your report. Looking at pictures I loved the new studios and was looking forward to staying there sometime in the future, but now... I'm a light sleeper and this level of noise would make my stay a nightmare.

Not that it helps, but I don't think all of the rooms are really available. There were at least 2 on the 2nd floor that flooded the other night and we've seen them working on several during the day. While the request probably could have been filled if they had worked at it, I don't think they have all rooms at their disposal right now.
Just to confirm are you saying two rooms of the newly renovated already have water damage from flooding? I hadn’t heard this story yet and interested to hear what happened.

Just to confirm are you saying two rooms of the newly renovated already have water damage from flooding? I hadn’t heard this story yet and interested to hear what happened.
Yes, that is correct. Whether they have damage or not I don't know, but 2 rooms had water come in during a downpour a few days ago. Thy were on the second floor. Sounded like the downspout wasn't secured / hooked up properly.

We planned this trip around the late hours at Epcot and MK. We’ve been only going at night, and yea we were trying to sleep in!

The email about construction says it starts at 9AM. I thought we were talking about a painting crew or hanging some art, not a jackhammer twenty feet from my ground floor room and thirty people ripping off the side of the building. Why even put people ground floor, this close to this much construction? There are plenty of other rooms in this building. They’ve now ripped the side of the building off and there’s exposed plumbing and such. It is LOUD.

On the positive, this is the best Disney mattress I’ve had, hands down, even better than the new Poly ones. The blankets are still the sad DVC blankets. I think VGF 1BR has actual duvets maybe? The velvet bolster is just beautiful, at least it is for now brand new. The nightstand has plugs galore on all sides.

They offered to move me up and across the building, but the damage is done. Nap time is already out, and we already got woken up early. The flight leaves too early for it to matter tomorrow. I hope we can hang for the late hours, which was the whole point of the trip. But seriously who jackhammers that early at a hotel like this. Embarrassing.

I stay at A LOT of hotels, and I can’t remember the last time I asked to switch like this. I have from time to time with a broken shower or something, but this is a joke. No one should be in this room right now. That should be obvious to anyone with ears.

I swapped a BW 2BR for two rooms at VGF2, and honestly I wish Id kept BW, even if it meant a pain of a couple bus rides. It’s not like the VGF boats have been great. Or heck, I should have gone with Poly. You don’t know what you have with that TTC boat until it’s gone.

Ignoring the construction, I like GF in general, and I really like the looks of the new rooms, they are beautiful. But the noise problem is way worse than poly, and I consider poly very noisy. I don’t think I ever heard upstairs neighbors or this level of hall noise at poly. Equal points, dining better at poly. The lake view is good enough for theme park view for me. Transportation is enough for me to pick poly next time.

Last edited:
It’s now 11PM. My noise machine is on. The people next to me are upset about their real estate issues, but they don’t seem to have any kids, so once this is done hopefully it’s over. I can hear them ripping up papers. I can hear doors down the hallway opening and closing and the plumbing of toilets flushing. I can hear every word from the hallway that is louder than the noise machine. I can hear what sounds like basic walking around upstairs. And grandma is 3 floors away because they couldn’t fill a basic request out of hundreds of rooms.

At least the people on the other side are asleep.

I can sleep through this, I’m ok. Heck I can sleep through worse than this. But the noise issues are worse than poly IMO. I can see why people paying $800 a night for this room weren’t impressed.

And now I’m imagining some NBA player in the 2020 bubble in this room listening to this neighbor and toilet noise, putting on his headphones and thinking about the four seasons.
Yikes! Thanks for the update on the noise. I’ve been waiting to hear whether the noise rumors were true before buying some points here. Glad I waited. I can cross VGF off my list and will go ahead and add to my RIV contract or go with AKV resale.

We planned this trip around the late hours at Epcot and MK. We’ve been only going at night, and yea we were trying to sleep in!

The email about construction says it starts at 9AM. I thought we were talking about a painting crew or hanging some art, not a jackhammer twenty feet from my ground floor room and thirty people ripping off the side of the building. Why even put people ground floor, this close to this much construction? There are plenty of other rooms in this building. They’ve now ripped the side of the building off and there’s exposed plumbing and such. It is LOUD.

On the positive, this is the best Disney mattress I’ve had, hands down, even better than the new Poly ones. The blankets are still the sad DVC blankets. I think VGF 1BR has actual duvets maybe? The velvet bolster is just beautiful, at least it is for now brand new. The nightstand has plugs galore on all sides.

They offered to move me up and across the building, but the damage is done. Nap time is already out, and we already got woken up early. The flight leaves too early for it to matter tomorrow. I hope we can hang for the late hours, which was the whole point of the trip. But seriously who jackhammers that early at a hotel like this. Embarrassing.

I stay at A LOT of hotels, and I can’t remember the last time I asked to switch like this. I have from time to time with a broken shower or something, but this is a joke. No one should be in this room right now. That should be obvious to anyone with ears.

I swapped a BW 2BR for two rooms at VGF2, and honestly I wish Id kept BW, even if it meant a pain of a couple bus rides. It’s not like the VGF boats have been great. Or heck, I should have gone with Poly. You don’t know what you have with that TTC boat until it’s gone.

Ignoring the construction, I like GF in general, and I really like the looks of the new rooms, they are beautiful. But the noise problem is way worse than poly, and I consider poly very noisy. I don’t think I ever heard upstairs neighbors or this level of hall noise at poly. Equal points, dining better at poly. The lake view is good enough for theme park view for me. Transportation is enough for me to pick poly next time.
Do you think you will ever pick vgf2 again with the noise issues? Trying to decide if I even want to take the risk of staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter