Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Waiting for Epcot Forever to start, the package guests are seated on the lower patio tonight since there’s no rain. We are the table next to the ‘gate table’ and have a great view although they did anchor a floating ‘hut’ in the lagoon pretty much directly in front of the ‘gate table’.

I won’t give anything away but we did correctly guess the purpose of the floating ‘hut’ prior to the show start. I liked the show but it was shorter than Illuminations and there was some pandering, it was pretty much exactly what I expected.

To the point of this thread I still think the package gives a great view and I personally still wouldn’t want the ‘gate table’. My only complaint is I felt like there were parts that were hard to hear, the audio sounded far away.

Waiting for Epcot Forever to start, the package guests are seated on the lower patio tonight since there’s no rain. We are the table next to the ‘gate table’ and have a great view although they did anchor a floating ‘hut’ in the lagoon pretty much directly in front of the ‘gate table’.
I was on the other side of the gate table. Those guests (couple with two younger kids) did not seem to have any issues. Nobody infringed on their space.
The concenus among those in my area was that the new temp show was great. Though I have always loved Illuminations, it now seems tired, compared to the new show.

jil512 would you let us know if you should be at the ressie for 8 or 9. We have a ressie in three weeks on a Friday and would like to know ahead of time when to be at R & C. I had asked the same question earlier in the thread but it too hasn't been answered. TIA

We just got back from our trip and I see that others have responded. I asked them at 8 what time we should arrive and they said 8:45. We got there around 8:40 and they were seating people. It was very nice.

Am I the only one who thinks $85 is not a bad price point compared to everything else? An app, entree, dessert, and let's say an average of two cocktails (maybe that's just me :drinking1) is going to run close to $75. Guess it's a big jump if you're only planning an entree, but for me it seems like a better value than most dessert parties :confused3
I think this is not bad. With a cocktail and a glass of wine tax and gratuity we would most likely spend this or very close to this.

Does anyone know if you can only choose from the alcohol listed on the prix fixe menu or are you allowed to order any cocktail you like? I'm more of a rum girl so I am trying to see how much value I'll get from the "unlimited alcohol" portion of the menu😉

Does anyone know if you can only choose from the alcohol listed on the prix fixe menu or are you allowed to order any cocktail you like? I'm more of a rum girl so I am trying to see how much value I'll get from the "unlimited alcohol" portion of the menu😉

Only the menu offerings for food and alcohol.

Only the menu offerings for food and alcohol.
In that vein, has anyone attended with food allergies? Was anything different offered? The trickiest person in our group has milk and shellfish allergies and cannot tolerate beef. Others have only only 1 or 2 allergies/intolerances. I will contact the restaurant ahead of time since our group's needs are high maintenance :laughing:, but I'm curious to see what has happened in the past.

In that vein, has anyone attended with food allergies? Was anything different offered? The trickiest person in our group has milk and shellfish allergies and cannot tolerate beef. Others have only only 1 or 2 allergies/intolerances. I will contact the restaurant ahead of time since our group's needs are high maintenance :laughing:, but I'm curious to see what has happened in the past.
I can’t address options for those on the special package, but I know that Rose & Crown is very accommodating for those other diners. The server will ask about specific food allergies to alert the chef. They can substitute side foods on the plate and modify how the entree is prepared.

I can’t address options for those on the special package, but I know that Rose & Crown is very accommodating for those other diners. The server will ask about specific food allergies to alert the chef. They can substitute side foods on the plate and modify how the entree is prepared.
We tend to eat at Rose & Crown once a trip for lunch---they've always been really great with our needs. I'm just curious about the package because it's a set menu :)

Has anyone done the dining package solo? What was your experience like? Also, has the menu changed at all since it started in January?

Last edited:
According to Walt Disney World News Today, last night's Epcot Forever show was cancelled, with no explanation yet given. The torches never came on, nor did the music play before the show. As Epcot had EMH, last night, the show was not officially cancelled till about 10:45 PM.

This must have been a huge disappointment. I wonder if those who booked the dining package received any kind of compensation, as this was not weather-related, but, apparently, a Disney technical issue.

I suspect they got something though when we booked we were informed that we wouldn't get a refund if the show was canceled.

Thank you all for your information regarding R&C/illuminations. I was thinking about trying to book this, but after some of the reviews, I may have to reconsider. :-/

Has anyone had any experience with this dinner with a large group? We have a party of 8.

Are there blackout dates for this or is it possible the whole month of December is really sold out? Or does the processional change things?

Are there blackout dates for this or is it possible the whole month of December is really sold out? Or does the processional change things?
What I have read on other pages is the blackout dates are due to the Candle Light Procession

Also has anyone had issues with a 10yr old ordering from the kids menu...and paying kids prices? Disney has their birth dates so I didn't know if they verify their age with the reservation.

There is NO CHANCE my girls will want anything from the adult menu.

Also has anyone had issues with a 10yr old ordering from the kids menu...and paying kids prices? Disney has their birth dates so I didn't know if they verify their age with the reservation.

There is NO CHANCE my girls will want anything from the adult menu.
It’s prepaid so you would pay for the adult price at the time of reservation.

Is the patio seating accessible? Are there steps? The pictures I've seen show little space between tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!