If you LOVE the Poly & have stayed at the Beach Club...

Last summer we did a Poly/BC split stay. We were lucky enough to stay CL at each. (But CL comparison is a whole different thread).

For our upcoming trip we were so torn. We usually stay at Poly and love it. But, we really enjoyed BC and the short walk to Epcot. One of my DS's loves to swim and was very fond of SAB.
It was such a tough decision. Finally, we decided on Poly. For us it was a matter of space. My DS's are big guys now and no guarantee of a day bed at BC was a deal breaker. In the regular sized room last year we felt very cramped despite loving everything else. Two rooms aren't in the budget this year, otherwise we would have gone with BC. If our kids were little or it was just the two of us, we would have been OK with size of room at BC.

In a nutshell, it came down to room size.

We love :love: the Poly and consider it our Disney home. Last trip, we decided to mix things up and try BC to check out SAB and be close to DHS and Epcot. BC is a wonderful resort with an amazing location. We loved walking to Epcot all the time. However, I have to say that we missed the Poly. :sad1: My kids don't want to go back to BC. SAB was very crowded and often closed because of storms and it just closed early in the evening for some reason. My boys love to swim and I thought they'd love SAB :confused3 but they felt the design didn't allow you to just relax and swim. It's a series of seperate pools that you sometimes have to hop out of one section to get in the next. The slide, although amazing, always had a long line. We often went to the quiet pool. They enjoyed that more.
We found transportation to be poor at BC. We shared buses with YC,BW,Swan and Dolphin. :eek: It took forever to get anywhere by bus. That was frustrating. The walk to DHS was nice but a good 15-20 min. The boat was slow so you couldn't use it if you needed to get somewhere in a hurry.
I know many people LOVE BC but for us the atmosphere, monorail, beach, tikis, restaurants and larger rooms were just a better fit for us. We're glad we tried BC but we'll stay at Poly from now on. :goodvibes

I've stayed at both and loved both. For me, the Poly is my absolute favorite locacation - I love being able to get both the MK and Epcot monorails :cloud9:. Also love the relaxing atmosphere around the grounds and friendly vibe.

For the BC, the pool is my absolute favorite on property. I also like the decor of the rooms a bit better than the Poly (lighter/airier look at the BC). While BC doesn't have the proximity to MK that we love, being able to walk to Epcot is really nice. I also enjoy the atmosphere of the Boardwalk.

I would happily stay at either of these resorts again.:goodvibes

We love love love the Poly and have stayed there 7 times....we stayed at the BC once and we hated it. The place is just too loud and chaotic and the lobby is always super busy and bustling and we have seen Stitch there before and that brings tons of kids.

People are walking through the resorts in their bathing suits coming and going to the pool, the quiet pool is right out on the walkway to Epcot so it really isnt quiet.

What is putt putt???? Is it mini golf? You can walk from Beach Club? how long of a walk?

Yes, mini golf! Sorry for the slang. ;) You walk over towards the Swan area and there is a sign to guide you. We stopped along the way and the kids played in the sand and playground, so I'm not sure the exact walking time, maybe 10 minutes? I think it's called Fantasia Golf. It's a nice course and we had a lot of fun. We spent an entire day just enjoying the pool, boardwalk, golf, a nice dinner in Epcot and Illuminations. We love the Epcot resort area mainly because of how much there is to do within walking distance.

I have stayed at the poly for the last 3 trips and this year the family wanted to try the Beach Club. So we are going for 7 nights at the end of August. I know its farther to the MK. But, my kids are a bit older and like Epcot & Studios more and more. So we shall see. Just hoping we aren't disappointed.

I have stayed at the poly for the last 3 trips and this year the family wanted to try the Beach Club. So we are going for 7 nights at the end of August. I know its farther to the MK. But, my kids are a bit older and like Epcot & Studios more and more. So we shall see. Just hoping we aren't disappointed.

That is how we are. My kids are a bit older now (6 and 8) and love both Epcot and DHS as much as MK. Therefore BC was the perfect place for us....a very short walk to Epcot and a very nice boat ride to DHS. The only problem was (like you said) MK is a bit further so more time on the bus.

We have done the Poly 4 times. Last time we went we decided to try the Beach Club.

While it will never replace the Poly for me, the location and amenities were outstanding.

It is so nice to have the multiple Hot Tub options, the kids loved, loved, loved the shipwreck slide.

I loved the fact that you could walk into Epcot in 5 minutes and the Baordwalk and ESPN in 10 or so.

I would say, go ahead, it won't replace the feel of the Poly, but by no means will you be disappointed.:thumbsup2

I love both for different reasons. The Beach Club is wonderfully relaxing, you don't have to walk OUTSIDE to get to your room (LOVE that!), has great restaurants, and is in walking distance from 2 of the parks (or boat if you want). The pool is fantastic too. I am sure you will love it-go for it!

I've stayed at both and would choose Poly over BC. The main reasons that I like the Poly more:
1. The monorail - to MK and other MK resorts & short walk to TTC then direct to Epcot.
2. The food - LOVE O'HANA! LOVE Capn Cooks for breakfast and sitting outside in the tropical setting (mickey waffles!!). BC - the quick service is limited to a spot INSIDE of their gift shop. Cape May was NOT good. Hurrican Hanna's has the slowest service EVER. Beaches & Cream is totally overrated and an especially long wait.
3. The theming - Hawaii, what can I say?
4. Did I mention the monorail????
5. The quiet pool - YUP! The quiet pool at the Poly is not that far from the volcano pool so it is easy to walk over to the pool bar and get a drink and take it back to the quiet pool. It is not as easy at BC to do this.
6. Electrical Water Pagent & watching Wishes from the Poly beach

And here is what BC has that I liked better than the Poly:
1. Walking distance to Epcot.
2. Movie on the beach. You can do this at the Poly but it is near GF (and I confess I haven't done it at Poly/GF!). At BC, it was right outside the rooms and you could watch the fireworks at Epcot and some from Fantasmic.
3. Hot tub - SADLY, Poly does not have one :sad2:

I love them both! Seriously, they are my top two and I have stayed at all the monorail resorts.

I love the Poly for the location and theming. So close to MK, great view, and I enjoy the tropical feel.

And I love BC for its location and theming! It's so close to Epcot, our favorite resort. I looooove walking over there. You can hear the WS as you are walking over there. Ahhh! I also love the beachy feel.

You won't be disappointed with either!

Thank you for all your input. It is appreciated! :flower3:

I talked it over with DH and it looks like we are going to book the Beach Club. :goodvibes:goodvibes
We LOVE Epcot so being able to walk over anytime is a huge plus. We are going in August so we will be spending lots of time in the pool. And DH has already checked the Red Sox schedule for our stay so that he can go over to ESPN Club.:rolleyes: We will be renting a car ( the one thing DH insists on) so we won't have to worry about sharing buses. We have scheduled a dinner at Kona so we can get our Poly fix... DD7 is pitching a little fit that she won't be going to POP again..whatever...:rolleyes:..I am guessing she will be ok when she get a look at SAB. So it looks like.."Beach Club..Here we come!" :banana:

Honestly? No. None of us liked the Beach Club as much as the Poly. Which is suprising when you think how much we all love Epcot, and how much my sister's kids like to swim.

We did a split stay between the 2 resorts, starting out at the Poly, and no one was happy we switched. The bus rides from the Beach Club to both the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom were very long. Which was not helped by the fact that we shared a bus with the other boardwalk area resorts.

Plus we didn't like it that they totally shut Storm Along Bay down at night. Part of our vacation routine is to swim at night, and that is just not possible at SAB. I know they have other pools you can use, but it is such a let down to go from a big water park like pool to a boring old rectangular pool.

I really really thought we would all love the Beach Club, and it just didn't work out that way. For us the Poly was a much beter fit.

Honestly? No. None of us liked the Beach Club as much as the Poly. Which is suprising when you think how much we all love Epcot, and how much my sister's kids like to swim.

We did a split stay between the 2 resorts, starting out at the Poly, and no one was happy we switched. The bus rides from the Beach Club to both the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom were very long. Which was not helped by the fact that we shared a bus with the other boardwalk area resorts.

Plus we didn't like it that they totally shut Storm Along Bay down at night. Part of our vacation routine is to swim at night, and that is just not possible at SAB. I know they have other pools you can use, but it is such a let down to go from a big water park like pool to a boring old rectangular pool.

I really really thought we would all love the Beach Club, and it just didn't work out that way. For us the Poly was a much beter fit.

hmmm..what time do they shut down Storm Along Bay? We are going in Aug. so we will spend time swimming in the afternoons during our break, but we also love to swim at night.

The Poly is our first love, but we've also stayed at YC/BC. We preferred BC to YC, but BC and the Poly are very equal for us. I think you'll really enjoy BC. We just love the atmosphere and the proximity to Epcot, MGM and the BW. If we ever decided to buy DVC, we would probably look for a BCV resale just to say it's our home resort.

Be sure to visit the Poly often (we do when we're staying elsewhere), though!!!

hmmm..what time do they shut down Storm Along Bay? We are going in Aug. so we will spend time swimming in the afternoons during our break, but we also love to swim at night.

It varies based on time of year, and the weather too. When the lifeguards go off duty, SAB is closed. At other resorts, they only close the slide once the lifeguards go off duty, but you can still swim at your own risk.

I think in the winter it is in the 7-8 PM time frame, summer in the 9-10 PM time frame. But I do not know for sure. The quiet pool is open though.

I've done both and prefer the Beach Club.

I like it's location on the property. It's smack in the middle, so nothing is a long bus/car ride. I like that the walk to your room from Epcot - in a worst case scenario - is 4 minutes. I like the pool. I like Crescent Lake! The span of the Boardwalk resort reflecting off the water is just breathtaking. The castle is nice - but I think the views are better at the Beach Club!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter