If you LOVE the Poly & have stayed at the Beach Club...

chocovrdmicears

DIS Veteran
Did you love the Beach Club too? I feel like a parent wondering if they can love their second child as much as their first.:rolleyes:
We have had many fabulous stays at the POLY...love everything about it. We have stayed at POP the past 2 trips and this year we are going to treat ourselves to a Deluxe. I am torn..do I return to what we know and and LOVE:lovestruc, the Poly or do we venture out and try something new, the Beach Club? Our kids will be 7 & 8 so I am sure SAB will be a big positive..Our family LOVES Epcot as much as MK....Can anyone *push* me in the right direction? :confused3

Did you love the Beach Club too? I feel like a parent wondering if they can love their second child as much as their first.:rolleyes:
We have had many fabulous stays at the POLY...love everything about it. We have stayed at POP the past 2 trips and this year we are going to treat ourselves to a Deluxe. I am torn..do I return to what we know and and LOVE:lovestruc, the Poly or do we venture out and try something new, the Beach Club? Our kids will be 7 & 8 so I am sure SAB will be a big positive..Our family LOVES Epcot as much as MK....Can anyone *push* me in the right direction? :confused3

Too funny, I go through this all the time. Poly is my absolute favorite, but I just can't justify the cost of Poly over the Epcot resorts, especially when we can get such a fabulous price at Dolphin. In March we are finally trying BC and it's taking every ounce of effort not to upgrade to Poly. The price difference is just beyond being able to justify, plus I absolutely LOVE the Epcot area. Yes, the monorail is convenient, but not nearly as convenient as having 2 parks just as close if not closer and the BW area is breathtakingly beautiful. I don't think you'd regret it for a second. Don't think of it as the stepchild, but as the other child you love just as much but for totally different reasons because they're so unique in their own way.

Plus, we always start and end every vacation at Poly w/ Tonga Toast and a ride on the monorail to get my fix.

We are becoming Beach Club converts (vs. Poly) after 2 stays at Beach Club Villas (and one night at Beach Club Resort).

You will love it - really. We love the theme, love being in the Epcot area and love walking to Epcot.

It's actually overtaking Poly as my favorite and I really love Poly -- so I think you should go for it.

I agree with the above posters. BC and Poly are both great resorts for different reasons. Personally, we find more things to do at BC because there is the boardwalk entertainment there, walk to putt putt, movies on the beach, walk to 2 parks. However, we still enjoy Poly for the MK magic feeling. They are 2 great resorts that offer 2 different experiences.

We have stayed at the PR many times..always the Hawaii building with MK view, but we have also adventured out to other resorts too. I do not think it is uncommon to question adventuring out from what you find you like. Change can be good but we all like to know in advance that we will not be disappointed.

Our kids are at an age where they love to swim and SAB at the BC is ideal. A 5 minute walk to Epcot is also ideal, especially with Park Hopper tickets, allowing lunch or dinner plans ideal or just walk over to see Illuminations anytime during your stay. I have never experienced a wait at the International entrance. Boardwalk is also right within a short walk past the YC. Then there is DHS where you can either take the boat or make a 20-30 minute walk. Easy to make a special trip down to DHS for a parade or Fantasmic.

Will BC be just like PR? No. It will be different and provide its own unique and rewarding family experiences. Considering when your visiting Disney, the SAB will be in high demand too, due to the heat of the day...lots better than the volcano pool.

We've stayed at both and they are both awesome resorts.....I think you will love the BC :goodvibes. We love the MK area so the Poly holds a little bit of an edge over the Epcot resorts for us, but the BC really is a great resort with so much to offer, especially being just a 5-10 minute walk from Epcot :). And SAB is great......your kids will just love it :thumbsup2. Plus the beach theme is nice and the grounds are beautiful......I don't think you will regret trying the BC ;).

We are becoming Beach Club converts (vs. Poly) after 2 stays at Beach Club Villas (and one night at Beach Club Resort).

You will love it - really. We love the theme, love being in the Epcot area and love walking to Epcot.

It's actually overtaking Poly as my favorite and I really love Poly -- so I think you should go for it.

We are BC converters too. We stayed at BC this past December and fell in love with everything about it. We loved walking to Epcot and back and then having the boat to DHS. We also loved SAB (we have a 6 and 8 year old) who think SAB is the best pool in all of Disney and whenever we do deluxe, they want to go to BC, they said that they would do YC because YC can still use SAB :rotfl:. The other thing we love about BC is B&C, Cape May Cafe Breakfast (our favorite character meal), and just the whole atmosphere of the resort. Eventhough we haven't stayed in Poly (I have when I was younger, but DH and both DDs haven't) we do spend quite a bit of time over there shopping, eating, and just exploring the resort. We love the resort, but since we stayed at BC, we found that we love that even more. We have a trip planned in May 2011 with another family that is very good friends of ours. We were talking about our stay at BC and how much we love it there, now they want to stay there too. It looks like we will be back at BC next May :cool1:

We love Poly and every year for our long Disney trip, we stay there. However, for shorter trips, we try new places - and we love YC. I know you asked about BC, but they are very similar.

IMG_3660.jpg

I have to second the YC option. We love the Poly too, but the YC was really a great experience last December. Our room was upgraded to a LV and we had the most beautiful view of SAB.

We love :love: the Poly---it's my favorite! This past New Years, we stayed at Yacht Club---I know you asked about Beach Club, but they're "sister" resorts, practically at the same location.

I worried and worried about not being on the monorail, and just missing the Poly atmosphere in general. I shouldn't have worried so much! :thumbsup2 We loved the YC---beautiful, just in a different way. AND, DH and I about decided we thought the location was even better. We could walk to Epcot, or ride the boat to DHS. The bus ride to MK was only about a 10 minute ride.

I love the Poly, always have. It was the resort we stayed at when I was little. I recently got to stay there and booked again for this year. However before the recent Poly stay we were offsite except for two nights at the Beach Club. My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Beach Club. The kids really enjoyed the SAB and I enjoyed the resort area and location. I would have to conclude that this resort would be my second choice next to the Poly. I would stay there again.

We have decided to go to the BC this time and try something new instead of the wonderful Poly. It looks great but a little voice inside my head keeps asking, "But what about my Lapu Lapu?!??"

Have done both, and had concierge at the Poly.

My favorite? The Beach Club. ::yes:: One reason is the hot tubs, but there are loads of others too. Love the proximity to the IG, and the pool, the CMs there (the ones at Poly are awesome too, all but a server CM at Kona) the decor, the rooms, well everything! LOL.

I'm happy to have stayed at the Poly and really, REALLY enjoyed the concierge level, but BC owns my heart (for the resort side, DVC side will always be OKW).

I agree with the above posters. BC and Poly are both great resorts for different reasons. Personally, we find more things to do at BC because there is the boardwalk entertainment there, walk to putt putt, movies on the beach, walk to 2 parks. However, we still enjoy Poly for the MK magic feeling. They are 2 great resorts that offer 2 different experiences.

What is putt putt???? Is it mini golf? You can walk from Beach Club? how long of a walk?

Stayed at both and love them both. Very different "feel" and different location. We were torn over this very choice for our upcoming trip! You won't go wrong either way. If you plan to be at Epcot alot and want to try out SAB, then give the BC a try. If you want an old familiar "friend" then stay at the Poly.:goodvibes

Just want to add that the rooms at the Poly are much larger than the rooms at the YC or the BC, in case that makes a big difference to you (We've been happy with both).

We would choose the BC or the Poly for one reason......King size beds. The Poly does not offer them. ????????:confused3

I have only stayed at the BC (Poly someday:)) but I loved it!!!! If you like Epcot, then BC is a great choice b/c you can just walk right over to eat dinner, go to fireworks, etc. I loved the location of the resort in proximity to Epcot. Also there is a boat that takes you to DHS which is nice too, not to mention the walk to the Boardwalk.

Lets face it, SAB has got to be the best pool I have ever been in. It is huge and the sand on your feet is a really great treat :).

I cannot even imagine what a stay at the Poly is like in comparison to BC, but it is a great resort and the location is superb!!!

Good luck choosing!

I have stayed at both..I actually grew to love the BC more.I love the walking distance to Epcot and DHS.I now try to stay mostly at the BCV in a villa for the extra space

Have you thought about a split stay? My sister and I were trying to decide this as well. We have stayed at the Poly (1 time Oct. 09), but never the BC, I wanted to stay at Poly she wanted to stay BC and try something new so we decided to do a split stay. We are now staying at the BC in a DCL room the first half of the trip and Poly in TPV CL room the rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter