If you cruise on points, options to get to ship from airport?

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
My guess is that we will probably drive down when we take our DVC cruise next summer, but if we chose to fly how do you get to the ship from the airport? Can you purchase the DCL cruise transportation separately? Is there another bus or something, or do you have to rent a car?

Tiffany Towncar will take you. Not sure how much.

You can purchase DCL transfers. You can take Car Service. You can also rent a car and return it by the Port.

I seem to remember that they use to be around $50 to $55 per person.

We usually rent two one-way rentals from AVIS for less than $50 each way (plus gas and tolls). This way we are on our own schedule and not Disney's. After the cruise we took the car to Vero Beach to check it out.

The AVIS location in Port Canaveral is about 1 mile from the terminal and they offer complimentary transportation from AVIS to Disney Terminal.

We have also used tiffany towncar. This was about $200 for the roundtrip.

I rented a car from Hertz at the airport and brought it to Cocoa beach where they had a complimentary shuttle to the Port... We did spend a few days before at WDW though. Less then $50 each way... Of course we stopped at WDW on the way back before our plane left too since the ship gets in at 8am and our plane didn't leave till 5pm....

Both times we went on the cruise we took the Disney buses and never had any problem. The cruiseline picks up your checked luggage directly from the plane (provided you've put the provided luggage tags on it) so it's just you, your kids (I'm including DH in this) and your carry-ons. Just look for the cruiseline folks inside the airport to direct you to the buses. They're all wearing blue blazers, so you can't miss 'em. :) The cost when we went on the cruise last October was $46/each for this door-to-door service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter