I want my magic band+

So they have released the Magicband+ early by mistake and then took them away right after they realized it? 🥹

I wonder when will they be officially released as we will be going in 2.5 weeks 🥹🥹🥹

So they have released the Magicband+ early by mistake and then took them away right after they realized it? 🥹

I wonder when will they be officially released as we will be going in 2.5 weeks 🥹🥹🥹
no one knows saddly I was hoping they would be out for my trip next week but looks like a big fat nope. these things are meant to interact with the statues, its the big selling point and they are meant to only be up till the end of the 50th.. so something must have gone pretty wrong for them to not be here already.

no one knows saddly I was hoping they would be out for my trip next week but looks like a big fat nope. these things are meant to interact with the statues, its the big selling point and they are meant to only be up till the end of the 50th.. so something must have gone pretty wrong for them to not be here already.
Awwwwww what a bummer 😭

Any ideas about what day of week they would generally release a product or make an announcement like this? We are a little less than a month from our trip and I keep waiting to order magic bands hoping that the new ones will be available for pre-order. I think in about a week, I'm just going to buckle down and order them though, because I don't want to risk them not getting here in time. I just know that they're going to release them the day after I order though!

We have a trip coming up in three months - but our Magic Bands from three years ago may not work so we had planned on getting new ones. The selection is so poor and now I see a new band is supposedly coming out but we don't know when. If they aren't available I guess we'll be stuck using our phones?

We have a trip coming up in three months - but our Magic Bands from three years ago may not work so we had planned on getting new ones. The selection is so poor and now I see a new band is supposedly coming out but we don't know when. If they aren't available I guess we'll be stuck using our phones?
can get a card

Your 3 year old MB should work for tapping into the park, using Lightening Lanes, Photopass photographer scans, etc. Those things are able to read the unique code inside your MB when close enough to tap.

It’s stuff further away at issue because those need a little battery power, like ride photos (7DMT, HM, iasm, etc). Using MagicMobile on your phone can take over for these, though a few people on the boards have shared issues with their experience. We used Magic Mobile for room key and it worked, but haven’t tried other functions yet.

I got so hopeful today when I did my daily check of magic band inventory for my august trip because it acted weird but when I was finally able to check just the same old list of magic bands

Your 3 year old MB should work for tapping into the park, using Lightening Lanes, Photopass photographer scans, etc. Those things are able to read the unique code inside your MB when close enough to tap.

It’s stuff further away at issue because those need a little battery power, like ride photos (7DMT, HM, iasm, etc). Using MagicMobile on your phone can take over for these, though a few people on the boards have shared issues with their experience. We used Magic Mobile for room key and it worked, but haven’t tried other functions yet.
So I have a trip coming up this week for the first time in many years. I have my old magic bands. Is there any way to make sure they work? Should I bring them along and test them out and if not try the mobile version for photopass and what not? I was able to see a large list of magic bands that I could pre purchase but that list went away about a month or so ago and I was given no choice in purchasing new ones.

So I have a trip coming up this week for the first time in many years. I have my old magic bands. Is there any way to make sure they work? Should I bring them along and test them out and if not try the mobile version for photopass and what not? I was able to see a large list of magic bands that I could pre purchase but that list went away about a month or so ago and I was given no choice in purchasing new ones.
There is no way to test before you arrive
The only way is to do one of the rides with photos and see if they show up or not
If they show they work
If they don’t, then it’s likely they don’t
Even then you need more than 1 ride to know for sure
Even brand new bands can glitch and miss ride photos
If they miss all of them they don’t work
You can buy 1 new one. Everyone foment need one

I just want *a* Magic Band. None on the store site, maybe 5 to choose from from the trip planning thing on the official site. We've got the ones from past trips and the collection ones, but I might be eBaying it.

I just want *a* Magic Band. None on the store site, maybe 5 to choose from from the trip planning thing on the official site. We've got the ones from past trips and the collection ones, but I might be eBaying it.
Decent amount at the resorts and at the parks

Nope. I wish they would of sorted out any problems before starting to push it tbh. That recent media event didn’t help either. Gave the impression of it launching soon along with the stock they accidentally released.

Another day another poorly ran Disney infrastructure project.

The press events are bizarre. the first one in May when they clearly had no intention of releasing them and then again in June.

What will come first MB+ or Tron ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter