I want my magic band+

Yep ... with the accidental release a few weeks back, I figured even with supply issues we'd see a release by July 4th weekend. Disney mentioned a summer release, so are we now looking towards Labor Day?
Which i wouldn't even call a summer release!!! Thats the very end of Summer!! I feel like the whole thing has been very messy and unorganized. But I'm sure they were not expecting to have supply issues and a pandemic when they were in the early planning stages of the 50th anniversary.

But surely, they have enough supply since they accidently release them, right?

In Disney-speak, a summer release or opening could still be on Sept 22nd (last day of summer)

They could be waiting to stockpile a minimum quantity on site, and someone accidentally opened and stocked a box. In that case I figure the release would be soon. But if there's some sort of technical issue with park integration it could be a while.

I don't think the 'no news' thing is a big deal. Disney will probably release these out-of-the-blue and then follow up with the news/PR.

It comes down to how the travel industry defines the seasons. When talking among friends, if someone says "Winter 2023", I'm going to think they mean the end of 2023 and start of 2024. But when the travel industry (including Disney) says "Winter 2023", they mean the first quarter of 2023 (Jan-Mar) and might include Dec 2022. By extension, that makes the Summer quarter July-Sept which I think is a better fit than March-June.

I just got a brand new Google Pixel 6 Pro. the battery on it is absolutely garbage
I love all things Google. But their phones are garbage. Hubby had one that was possessed. I swear that phone did what it wanted when it wanted. I got so tired of him cursing at it that I finally forced, more or less, him to get rid of it. And I bought the dang thing for him. We’ll never own another Google tech product that’s for certain.

In Disney-speak, a summer release or opening could still be on Sept 22nd (last day of summer)

They could be waiting to stockpile a minimum quantity on site, and someone accidentally opened and stocked a box. In that case I figure the release would be soon. But if there's some sort of technical issue with park integration it could be a while.

I don't think the 'no news' thing is a big deal. Disney will probably release these out-of-the-blue and then follow up with the news/PR.
They likely don’t want a big announcement before hand. Only stands to increase demand and load if people are out there ready to use it all at once at launch. If they quietly drop them and let folks slowly start to use it, then announce it, things will stand to go smoother. At least smooth in terms of Disney tech, which is far from smooth in the rest of the world.

Man, I hope these things release before my trip in August. Either way, they should leave the statues up for at least a year after the actual release date. It would be kind of silly not to. Imagine they released the magic wands in the Harry Potter lands and then removed half of the interactive spell locations.

It appears that the MB plus that were put out earlier this year was just 1-3 boxes that were truly a shipping mistake.
There is clearly a BIG delay and a supply issue.

It appears that the MB plus that were put out earlier this year was just 1-3 boxes that were truly a shipping mistake.
There is clearly a BIG delay and a supply issue.

Stores dont tend to hold stock of items not being sold for months, They would hold them in a warehouse.

I would guess they are awaiting a shipment of the ones with a design or there has been a tech issue they are trying to resolve first.

Its all a bit odd having multiple media days for them. Making a big song and dance about the galaxy edge quest and statues and then nothing.

Would be nice if Disney just said a date/ month/ year

Stores dont tend to hold stock of items not being sold for months, They would hold them in a warehouse.

I would guess they are awaiting a shipment of the ones with a design or there has been a tech issue they are trying to resolve first.

Its all a bit odd having multiple media days for them. Making a big song and dance about the galaxy edge quest and statues and then nothing.

Would be nice if Disney just said a date/ month/ year
Considering there has very recently been a media event, i think they are good to go. They wouldn't of bothered if they were weeks/months away. I think they are just slotting the release in with other stuff going on. Youc an imagine there is a calendar on a wall with what's coming up for release on each day. I'm sure some CM said the release was in June also.

Currently at Disney springs. World of Disney doesn’t have any magic bands at all. No older ones and not any of the new ones yet. There was a very limited supply at pin traders but the cashier mentioned “I wouldn’t buy any today”. Hinted the drop of the magic band+ any day.

trips in 10 days lets go disney I want my band! I wish they had a clock on them tho lol

Currently at Disney springs. World of Disney doesn’t have any magic bands at all. No older ones and not any of the new ones yet. There was a very limited supply at pin traders but the cashier mentioned “I wouldn’t buy any today”. Hinted the drop of the magic band+ any day.
They are in the back. You must go and investigate! Don't get arrested though!

Yep ... with the accidental release a few weeks back, I figured even with supply issues we'd see a release by July 4th weekend. Disney mentioned a summer release, so are we now looking towards Labor Day?
Summer doesn't start for another 2 weeks. Summer is June 21 - September 22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter