I want my magic band+

We leave next week, and I was going to buy some of the cheaper bands for my kids at hte pre-purchase price. I have held off, and now I doubt I could buy them and get them prior to leaving. We arrive on the 10th, but we are driving so leave on the very early morning of the 9th. Should I just suck it up and wait until we are there and let the kids buy ones from the stores?

We are actually staying at Fort Wilderness in a rented camper, so don't need them for doors, just to get into the parks. And we have some old ones from a few years ago, but the kids have grown and the old ones might not fit. <shrug> It's not a ton of money(in comparison to everything else), so I guess waiting is not too bad...

Anyone have any thoughts?

It’s a cute rather inexpensive souvenir if the kids want one.
We like them so would do it in your shoes.
They may not care though and might be fine with the cards, so play it by ear.
Agree though that it’s too late to order at this point.
Have so much fun!

Thank you for your advice!!! I’m just excited and miss the days of receiving my box of magic bands and surprising my son!!!

50th is running to the end of March I believe so you’ll be fine. As the the bands being out by then….
Ugh. So the bands would be out for LESS than a year and they have no ETA yet.

That’s assuming the statues are gone in March ;(. We aren’t coming back until June/July of next year. 🤷‍♀️

I know I'm in the minority here on this one, but I just don't get the draw to the new bands. Yes they light up, interact with status, and have the bounty hunter game in Galaxy's Edge but I feel like the novelty will wear off very fast.

Am I missing something from the announcements? Help me understand! lol

I know I'm in the minority here on this one, but I just don't get the draw to the new bands. Yes they light up, interact with status, and have the bounty hunter game in Galaxy's Edge but I feel like the novelty will wear off very fast.

I think they'll also interact with fireworks shows, but I expect them to build out more capabilities and interactions, hopefully something more exciting than what they do with the statues.

Something else for my kids to do while we are there. The novelty would make grade school kids very happy as they run around to each statue.

As an adult, I would not enjoy it nearly as much!

Honestly, what I like most about them is that they have rechargeable batteries. I'll never need to get a new one.

At this point it just has to be supply issues. Just seems so weird that there hasn't been any news about it.

At this point it just has to be supply issues. Just seems so weird that there hasn't been any news about it.
We're going the end of July. I was really thinking we would have them out by then. Now i'm not sure. I'm fine with my Magic band from my Oct trip, but wanted to get my son a Star Wars one.

We're going the end of July. I was really thinking we would have them out by then. Now i'm not sure. I'm fine with my Magic band from my Oct trip, but wanted to get my son a Star Wars one.

Yep ... with the accidental release a few weeks back, I figured even with supply issues we'd see a release by July 4th weekend. Disney mentioned a summer release, so are we now looking towards Labor Day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!