I think I'm going to stop posting for awhile

And The Rule is to always quote the original post, so that if it's modified/deleted by the original poster we can all still read it.
I must have been dense at the time but I swear it took me at least 3 or 4 times seeing people quoting the OP or referencing "the rule" for me to get it. At first I was like "the rule, the rule to what, huh I'm lost" lol

I will take one for the team and eat all of your nasty fruit-centered chocolates, because I'm a giver.

Raspberry and lemon are the best!

Aren't you a peach!

BTW, you can have all the peach-filled ones if there is such a travesty!

In fairness, he did say that he planned to lurk.

I don't see the point. I suggest growing a thicker skin because there will probably be conflict at any large forum.

This is what you call an "Alternative YAGE". It's the NBT. popcorn::

ETA OP it is OK to take a break. J/K

OK, two ?s - what is YAGE? and when people reply and say "the rule" what exactly does that mean?

Now back to the topic - doing a quick glance at OPs activity it looks like he spends his time on more than this one forum. I'm sorry to hear that this is too aggravating for you to be an active part of, while I too get annoyed at some of the crap that goes on such is life. Man up, accept that others will not agree with every word you say and move on.

When people make these types of declarations I take it as I do when someone asks if their butt looks big in a pair of pants or something like that. Is this the part where we are all supposed so say no, please don't go???

Mmm... I don't know that Theme Parks Community would be any more receptive to a post about "upstaging" a cast member with the OP's "vast" trivial knowledge, followed by speculation that the cast member went home feeling "down in the dumps" as a result.

Without massive rewriting and a very different spin on the incident, there's just nowhere on the DisBoards that post was going to be welcomed. People here tend to be pretty fond of cast members (and some are even cast members themselves).
Actually, the CB is about the only board where this would be okay to post, it would be off topic on all the other boards, unless it was a sub forum community board. But probably would still be off topic. Anything within guidelines works here though.

OK, two ?s - what is YAGE? and when people reply and say "the rule" what exactly does that mean?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...sting-for-awhile.3583663/page-2#post-57202103

I came here a couple of years ago with the intent that I could interact with people who had similar interests in Disney as I do. I'm a big believer in the magic and having fun and chatting about different things, but it seems no matter what I post, people take offense to what I have to talk about, and decidedly, it makes the decision to go back into the shadows of being a lurker rather than a poster more appealing to me right now.

Time and time again I've posted with enthusiasm, asking questions, provoking good thoughts about past and future trips, only to be shot down and publicly humiliated, and as I said in a previous post from today, I don't need the aggravation.

I'm not a bad person. I consider myself to be a very nice person who gets along with people, rarely has a conflict, doesn't even swear (much, unless absolutely necessary).

In what I thought was supposed to be an open community where anyone and everyone could post whatever they felt was necessary with positive responses and thought-provoking content, I find there are many people here with closed minds and attitudes, ready to jump on unsuspecting people like me at the slightest notion of having said something I shouldn't have said, or interpreting what has been said to be a negative notion.

Well, I am going to stop posting for awhile, but I will be lurking but I just want everyone to know that being here for the past couple of months and posting publicly has been a very rewarding experience and I hope that some day I'll return to being an active poster, but not until I feel like I have to post something that I won't get ridiculed or shamed for publicly.

dan40 out.

I've thought of leaving too when I've been subject to the vitriol that can be dished out here. But I decided that I wasn't going to let a few deter me from expressing what I wanted to express.

The whole world would be a better place if people were nicer, but, alas, they're not. There are rude people everywhere, but at least face to face they typically don't have the nerve to be so rude. I understand how you're feeling. I just try to ignore rudeness and focus on the nice people. Some days are easier than others.

Keep in mind, though, sometimes you're being rude/obnoxious/etc without realizing it.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest