I think I got burned on a pin deal

Swamp_Fox

Friendly & Honest Pin Trader
I won two auctions of the same pin back in April. I won the pins using "buy it now" he used "andale" to handle the transaction. The seller received my Money Order and sent out the pin, I know this because he e-mailed me saying he received payment and sent me the post office receipt that it was shipped. Plus he left me positive feedback on e-bay. That was back on Apr 24. I've e-mailed twice since then no response yet. I need advice

Thanks,

Larry

I'm confused - who burned you? The seller or the PO? It sounds like you believe the seller sent it.

What remedy are you looking for?

It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet, if it was mailed on the 24th. I have had really good luck with the PO lately, <i>except</i> for the express mail overnight I sent on Monday that didn't get there until Wednesday - they even refunded my money for it. So I have no warm cozy feelings about the PO right now.

It's hopefully just delayed in the mail. The PO won't even start to track for 30 days, though.

Hey Larry,
I'm waiting for a package that was supposed to have been shipped on 4/24. So far, nothing has arrived.:(

Maybe that was a bad date for shipments.

Let's you and I keep our fingers crossed that our packages arrive first thing on Monday morning.:sunny:

I tell whomever is sending something to please put the tracking on it....that way it can be found...pay a little ahead of time before you pay alot later!

Food for thought....LATER:p

I first e-mailed the seller of the missing pins on Apr 24th. The payment I sent was received on Apr 9th and shipped (first class) on Apr 10th. The seller e-mailed me on the 24th of Apr with a scan of the receipt he used to ship the pins and as I stated before no pins yet and I sent him 2 e-mails (4/30 and 5/4) asking about the pins no response yet. What should be my next move?

Larry

If it was me, I would call the seller. Do they currently have auctions running?? Keep in mind that they might be on vacation. If the item was insured the seller can file a claim with the PO after 30 days. You might not get your pin but at least you'll get your money back!

April must have been a bad month for the PO. I sent a LBE to Leslie (BeautyLLM) on April 17th and it has yet to arrive. What's going on with the PO in CT and NY??? :confused:

If it's been that long, in a few days I'd ask the seller to request a trace from the PO.

I still don't understand the word "burned". If the seller sent it and it's lost by the PO, the seller didn't try to "burn" you, they don't have control over the PO. Do you not believe that the 'receipt' is valid? What kind of receipt was it?

Hopefully the package was insured, in which case I would ask for a refund.

When I send pins, I always consider it my responsibility to get them there, so I always insure everything and refund fully (including shipping costs) if an item doesn't get there. However, if insurance was offered as an option and you personally declined it, you will probably have a difficult time getting a refund from the seller.

I always insure the pins I send just to make sure they will get to where they are supposed to. CT has a record for bad mail time.
I usually insure LE pins for $50, unless it is a very high edition size. Say 1000. Then I insure the pins for $100. that way if they do get lost I can be sure to have enough money to buy the pin for the person on that e site.
I do insure common pins, but only for the cost of the pins.
ANd one note about CT mail. I mailed out 5 packages last week. The pins that went to CA were delivered in two days, FLA took 3. The pin that went to MA, a neighboring state took 5 days to arrive. So if you are one of the states close to me keep watching your mail, it is on the way, I promise.

I went to the post office the pins were sent first class so it cant trace it, and what I meant by being "burned" was the seller didn't intentionally burn me it was just the fact of me paying something I did not receive which I would call being burned. I also got his contact info from Ebay. I gave him a call wasn't home but I did leave a message. We shall see what happens next, stay tuned

Larry

Must be something about the PO and April. We sent out a priority mail package from VA to FL from work on the 24th. As of yesterday the person getting the package still had not received it!!!! (not pin related but priority mail related)
What is up with the PO???
I would suggest from now on getting delivery confirmation or some sort of tracking so that the package can be tracked down.
Sue Ellen

If I pay over $10, I pay for the insurance. To me, the $1.10 is worth that extra piece of mind. I have had seller's who have not sent the package insured, even though I paid for the insurance. I figure it's on their heads if I paid but they did not choose to get the insurance.
I have had two sellers claim to have to reship packages to me. But I can't say I believed them either. (And I never bought from them again.)
PD for you too! I hope you get your package and everything works out well.
Last month I bought Song of the South. The seller shipped Priority and it took a week to reach me! :rolleyes:

Luv2-

Boy, if I could get an extra piece of mind for $1.10, I'd pay it in a heartbeat - I need all the mind I can get! :D

The PO really has been not too kind lately, but it sure beats flying cross country just to pick up a pin.

Larry

I hope everything works out for you! I'm sure it will show up shortly.

SueEllen.. you forgot that the Richmond, VA post office was ranked worst post office in America. Getting something to another state out of this place in under 7 days is considered overnight to them...lol :p

I got a pin just TODAY, Saturday, May, 5, that was postmarked on that same date, April 24. Is it coming from inside the US? Maybe Mother's Day is slowing 'em down?

If the guy says that he mailed 'em around the 10th, however, that's a bit too long of a wait. I'd ask him what address he mailed them to. Maybe he got it wrong???

The seller finally contacted me by e-mail. I informed him about my trip to my local post office and suggested he do the same. He also let me know that he sent a copy of the receipt to EBAY. Now I play the waiting game. Geez all this for two hunks metal and $40 bucks.

Larry

Has he declined a refund? What was his reason? Was it insured?

If he sent a copy of the receipt to ebay, does that mean that you filed a fraud complaint on him? Ebay doesn't usually get involved.

neither of us has mentioned refund yet. According to him he shipped the pins first class on Apr 10. I did not have it sent insured because I didn't know I had that as a choice. I did not file a complaint to Ebay that was his doing. I'm now waiting for the next move.

Larry

If he didn't specifically offer insurance, and you didn't specifically <i>decline</i> it, then he should fully refund if they don't get there, it's the seller's responsibility. (Personally, I don't think that claiming the buyer declined is good enough, I still think it's the seller's responsibility, but I know many seller's do put it in the auction as an 'option' and claim no responsibility if not purchased.)

But it's his job, you shouldn't take the loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter