"I Think I Broke Myself" - a "mom and me" Oct 2011 TR - "my last day"

Hey, I found your TR! It sounds like you had a great time despite the issues. Wow, CR looks so beautiful, I am jealous.

I have been going back and forth about a GAC myself. I have similar issues, due to radiation last year, and there is no waiting "to go." I totally understand the frustration and annoyance. I get upset, which of course, makes it worse. I hate going to long movies or festivals or fairs where I'm not sure what the bathroom situation is. I'm glad you contacted DW about your issues, not just for yourself, but for others who suffered the same.

Looking foward to the dessert party, I am hoping to get reservations myself!

Hey, I found your TR! It sounds like you had a great time despite the issues. Wow, CR looks so beautiful, I am jealous.

I have been going back and forth about a GAC myself. I have similar issues, due to radiation last year, and there is no waiting "to go." I totally understand the frustration and annoyance. I get upset, which of course, makes it worse. I hate going to long movies or festivals or fairs where I'm not sure what the bathroom situation is. I'm glad you contacted DW about your issues, not just for yourself, but for others who suffered the same.

Looking foward to the dessert party, I am hoping to get reservations myself!

Thanks for the reassurance on getting the GAC; I struggled with it for a bit, but I'm so glad I got one. I would go so far as to recommend one to you as well if you have a similar problem. We actually didn't use it on every ride, only when I saw a long line that made me nervous. Otherwise, we just went through the regular line (IASW, HM, TTA, Nemo, etc). But if I had any real concern, the GAC made it possible to mostly avoid getting out of line. It really changed my trip for the better, and made it better for my mom too (less waiting for no reason, less leaving the line at the last minute, more riding rides).

My DBF said the same thing about calling- so she "doesn't forget me". I worked for a theme park for many years and our system was very very good, so I bet Disney's is even better. But still, I have an email from her as well, so that might jog her memory. Of course, she needs to still be working at the park when I go next.

That is so funny about the Sing Along Songs! LOL! How did you find it with just "something about a guy wearing a dunce cap"??? hahaha! :laughing:

Yes, The Three Caballeros was definitely one of my absolute favorites; if you ever get some time, watch it. Probably my all time favorite song in any Disney movie (and I have quite a few I LOVE) is in this movie - Os Quindins De Yaya! Look it up on Youtube; so much fun. I know a lot of people think the movie is either racist or boring, but I guess I was exposed to it young enough that I just love it instead of judge it. :goodvibes

I really didn't expect anything - and I don't know if I'd be willing to go to another party if my stomach issues don't let up and I couldn't use the GAC - but it was nice of them to offer to do SOMETHING. We had a great trip all in all, so a few issues didn't come close to making me sad or ruining our trip.

Haha, it helps that it's a sing-along video named Sing Along Songs! I also have spent hours on google and wikipedia ad thus have killer google fu after years of practice.

I'll keep an eye out for it.. it always amused me that it was Jose, Panchito and then Donald. I know that they were introduced through Donald, but the three names just don't flow together very nicely, you know? Especially when they're just put together (like in the Mexico ride) with little history or context.

More Hollywood Studios! Yay! I love the Muppets too (though I really hate It's Tough to Be a Bug. Just not a bug person). I'm always sad when people say they skip it, it's not like there's that much other stuff to run to get to in Hollywood Studios.

I love the theming of Prime Time, but I don't think I'd want to eat there. Not sure I like the server antics; your server would be my ideal one! Love those boomerang-print tables with the chrome. So cute!

Haha, it helps that it's a sing-along video named Sing Along Songs! I also have spent hours on google and wikipedia ad thus have killer google fu after years of practice.

I'll keep an eye out for it.. it always amused me that it was Jose, Panchito and then Donald. I know that they were introduced through Donald, but the three names just don't flow together very nicely, you know? Especially when they're just put together (like in the Mexico ride) with little history or context.

More Hollywood Studios! Yay! I love the Muppets too (though I really hate It's Tough to Be a Bug. Just not a bug person). I'm always sad when people say they skip it, it's not like there's that much other stuff to run to get to in Hollywood Studios.

I love the theming of Prime Time, but I don't think I'd want to eat there. Not sure I like the server antics; your server would be my ideal one! Love those boomerang-print tables with the chrome. So cute!

Yeah, you have a point - Jose, Panchito, and Donald?? I never thought of that! Donald - who NAMES these ducks?? :laughing:

How can you skip Muppets? It's a classic, for real. As for ITTBAB, to me it feels like one of the few things that is available in Animal Kingdom - I'm just not a big fan. Mom and I didn't even seriously discuss the possibility of going to AK, although I kind of wish we had now that the trip is over!

Yeah, you have a point - Jose, Panchito, and Donald?? I never thought of that! Donald - who NAMES these ducks?? :laughing:

How can you skip Muppets? It's a classic, for real. As for ITTBAB, to me it feels like one of the few things that is available in Animal Kingdom - I'm just not a big fan. Mom and I didn't even seriously discuss the possibility of going to AK, although I kind of wish we had now that the trip is over!

I wanted a server who was really into it at 50sPT, but ours was just pretty lackluster. I still tipped him at 10%, but that was only because I really feel like you HAVE to tip 10%. If he'd have done any less, I'd have asked for a manager - he was that non-attendant. I thought about asking for the manager for a bit, because he really just never came by. He didn't fill drinks, he didn't check on our food, he didn't come by with the check - nothin'. I wish he'd have been a little spunkier, that's all. :yay: However, the meal was good and we didn't drink enough to need refills, so we were good enough. But I probably won't go back.

Okay, I had to get caught up.

Beautiful room at the Contemporary. It's a huge difference from POP, isn't it? That view was beautiful too.

That's really stinks about the party! I had no idea that they wouldn't allow you to use your GAC. That's not really very good for people. I'm glad that you contacted Disney though and that you received a call on it.

I feel so bad about your ToT experience. To get that far and to have to leave at the last moment. That really stinks. :sad1:

Okay, I had to get caught up.

Beautiful room at the Contemporary. It's a huge difference from POP, isn't it? That view was beautiful too.

That's really stinks about the party! I had no idea that they wouldn't allow you to use your GAC. That's not really very good for people. I'm glad that you contacted Disney though and that you received a call on it.

I feel so bad about your ToT experience. To get that far and to have to leave at the last moment. That really stinks. :sad1:

Hello again! Hope you had an awesome trip!!!

I was disappointed about the party for sure; I never thought I'd have such issues this time around. I guess, you go to Disney and think "oh, these things might happen at home, but I'll be a medical marvel once I step foot in WDW." But that never happens. Still, we had a great trip!

ToT was probably hands-down the BIGGEST disappointment. I couldn't believe I didn't get to ride with Mom.

More updates are forthcoming, but now I'm dealing with multiple conundrums.

1) When do we go to WDW next? We were going to go end of September, so I could use my AP, but then I thought maybe over DBFs birthday the week before Thanksgiving of 2012 (and maybe then, some of the new Fantasyland would be open...??); yes I'd have to pay for tickets, but crowds would be decent and it wouldn't be STIFLING HOT like it would end of September. Seemed like a good idea, even with the possibility of hurricanes. I also planned on doing a short solo trip in Jan / Feb / March or end of April, and I wanted one solo trip this winter to get out of the cold, so I figured I'd just watch the weather in Chicago and then take off when the weather was good enough.

but...

2) Now we're talking about doing a trip for DBF and I the last week of April to miss hurricane season and some of the huge summer crowds, plus get nice weather. Hopefully the big Easter crowds would have dispersed and we'd get decent crowds (no 8/9/10s...). No big parties or anything going on; but DBF does NOT like it hot. I love the hot weather, but I want him to enjoy everything as well - he's fine with really warm, but not so keen on super-hot. Then, I could do my solo trip in September or October and catch the new Fantasyland stuff if it's open, or enjoy it hot hot hot if it's NOT open.

What to do, what to do!?!? Long trip in April with a solo in October or September (all using my AP), or long trip in Sept / Oct / Nov with a short trip over the winter (using my AP only if we go in Sept or Oct)? I need to figure this out, because we want to rent points!!!

Hello again! Hope you had an awesome trip!!!

I was disappointed about the party for sure; I never thought I'd have such issues this time around. I guess, you go to Disney and think "oh, these things might happen at home, but I'll be a medical marvel once I step foot in WDW." But that never happens. Still, we had a great trip!

ToT was probably hands-down the BIGGEST disappointment. I couldn't believe I didn't get to ride with Mom.

More updates are forthcoming, but now I'm dealing with multiple conundrums.

1) When do we go to WDW next? We were going to go end of September, so I could use my AP, but then I thought maybe over DBFs birthday the week before Thanksgiving of 2012 (and maybe then, some of the new Fantasyland would be open...??); yes I'd have to pay for tickets, but crowds would be decent and it wouldn't be STIFLING HOT like it would end of September. Seemed like a good idea, even with the possibility of hurricanes. I also planned on doing a short solo trip in Jan / Feb / March or end of April, and I wanted one solo trip this winter to get out of the cold, so I figured I'd just watch the weather in Chicago and then take off when the weather was good enough.

but...

2) Now we're talking about doing a trip for DBF and I the last week of April to miss hurricane season and some of the huge summer crowds, plus get nice weather. Hopefully the big Easter crowds would have dispersed and we'd get decent crowds (no 8/9/10s...). No big parties or anything going on; but DBF does NOT like it hot. I love the hot weather, but I want him to enjoy everything as well - he's fine with really warm, but not so keen on super-hot. Then, I could do my solo trip in September or October and catch the new Fantasyland stuff if it's open, or enjoy it hot hot hot if it's NOT open.

What to do, what to do!?!? Long trip in April with a solo in October or September (all using my AP), or long trip in Sept / Oct / Nov with a short trip over the winter (using my AP only if we go in Sept or Oct)? I need to figure this out, because we want to rent points!!!

Oh, the tough decision making that comes with planning WDW trips, right? The next time I'm going is over New Years this year. Then after that, we don't have anything on the horizon, because we're actually planning on going to Europe for two weeks in the summer, so I'll actually be going to Disneyland Paris for a day.

I was thinking about taking a short trip over F&W again, because we had such a good time, and I think a short trip focusing on F&W would be a lot of fun.

I've never gone in April before. Personally, I like September / October / November as an option. I've never had major problems before with hurricane season. If you're raring to go, you might feel like you get more bang out of your buck to go sooner when it's cold. But I'm also a bad influence, being all like "oh, go now!" :laughing:

We had finished meandering HS, and we were definitely feeling the wear and tear of several days of gogogogo at WDW. We decided to head back to CR and either take a nap or get some food; either or both would be great. We were just TIRED, and Mom had two blisters that were forming. We needed a break.

So we got on the bus and headed back to CR, barely keeping our eyes open at this point.

But once I got back, I got on the phone with DBF, and woke up a little. As I sat on the balcony, savoring my beautiful Bay Lake view, I thought, "you know what I REALLY need? Pool time." So I asked mom if she was interested and she said yes, but first she had something else to do (I don't remember what). I got dressed and headed down.

The pool was nice and cool, and the day was gorgeous.

DSCN0506.jpg

I kept looking up to see if I could see Ma on our balcony, but no luck. I had grabbed us two towels and two seats, though there weren't a ton of people down there.

DSCN0511.jpg

Got in the cool pool, then popped back out to soak up the sun.

DSCN0507.jpg

While waiting for Ma, I decided to try out my waterproof pouch for my camera (which I planned on using at Ft. Myers the next week). So in we went: camera, pouch, and me!

DSCN0518.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

Suddenly Ma appeared. It turned out she'd been on the other side of the pool since she couldn't find me!! Once I got out of the pool to grab my camera, she recognized my swimsuit and came over.

DSCN0520.jpg

Alright, we'd relaxed a good deal and we both felt sort of relaxed (though a nap would have been better), so we started to get ready to head over to MK for our final night at the parks.

Can you tell I'm still a little tired?

DSCN0526.jpg

Mom and I both were a little slap-happy.

DSCN0528.jpg

We headed towards our room and noticed that there was a door at the end of our "hallway". Curiosity took me over (as it so often does), and I told ma we should go check it out.

We found a nice little balcony and took some pictures:

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

I kept hoping for a monorail behind us, but we weren't interested in waiting.

After these pics, we knew we needed to get to MK for our last night. We'd go grab a bite to eat and then hit every ride we could on our last big hurrah. Also, Mom was unaware that I had booked us a special surprise tonight - the Wishes Dessert Party! I took some prescription meds for my stomach in the hopes it would really, really help tonight and off we went.

DSCN0536.jpg

Awww - a little pool time feels so good after all that walking!

Can't wait to hear about the dessert party! I thought about booking it for last month, but I had already booked so many things that I knew we would end up canceling that I didn't do it. :rotfl2:

We walked over to MK (man, CR was the best resort choice EVER!) and started our ride blitz.

DSCN0538.jpg

I don't have the order written down, but we started riding all the rides in Fantasyland and took a turn on the Wedway (of course). We had a funny ride on Snow White - I was videoing the ride (yes, I know you can't see anything, but I also know it's going to be torn down) and the part came where the alligator snaps at the vehicle. I saw it at the last moment and said "OH CRAP!" really loudly, which made the woman in the vehicle laugh along with us.

I kept looking at the clock; I knew we needed to be at the Dessert Party at 8:20 - but Mom didn't. We'd eaten at 50s PT around 2, so we'd been tided over for awhile. I just needed to keep mom away from a big dinner. I think we ate at the bakery again but I just can't remember!

We headed for mom's first viewing of Philharmagic!

DSCN0543.jpg

Ah, I love this show!!!

DSCN0544.jpg

I was trying to kill some time, but mom wanted to ride IASW again. When I looked at the clock, I saw that it was around 8:10, so we just couldn't make it through the line before our reservation. I told mom that I had one last surprise for her, and steered her away from Fantasyland. As usual, she didn't ask any questions. :)

When we got near the Tomorrowland Terrace, I asked a man there how to get into the dessert party. He said "oh, it's that way but you need reservations" - to which I answered "I have reservations; thanks for the directions" and took Ma down to the entrance.

When they came to seat us, the man asked me if I made reservations really early. I said "I really don't know" - and as he walked us towards the seats, he said "you must have; these are the best seats in the house."

We were at the very very front, in PRIME viewing for Wishes!! This table was unbelievable!

We went and got dessert (delicious!) and I started taking pictures:

DSCN0552.jpg

The MSEP was also going on!

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

Mmmm dessert.

DSCN0557.jpg

I also took some pics of Tomorrowland - isn't it BEAUTIFUL at night??

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0549.jpg

Still waiting for the show:

DSCN0563.jpg

By the way, these pictures are all FROM OUR SEATS. Wow.

DSCN0564.jpg

Right before the Magic, Memories, and You show started up, a family moved up to watch from the front. The (tall) guy in the group had a big Goofy hat on, and never took it off - I thought it very, very rude but since he wasn't obstructing my view, I didn't say anything. I heard others complaining, but noone said anything. If he'd have been in my way, I'd have definitely said SOMETHING.

DSCN0569.jpg

I LOVED the MM&Y show. That part where the castle "blasts off"??? WOW!

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

Once MM&Y was over, we just needed to wait for Wishes. We saw a Wedway vehicle stopped on the tracks; Mom said, "maybe they're stopped so they can watch the fireworks?" I said, "wouldn't that be kinda mean to the others on the ride?"

And then it was here!

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0581.jpg

Brings tears to your eyes. I kept tearing up. This was our last night; so once the fireworks were over, it was TIME TO RIDE, BABY.

We took off over to Pirates; we saw the Tiki Room on the way, but never went in:

DSCN0584.jpg

Another great adventure on the high seas!

DSCN0587.jpg

ARRRRRRRR!

After this, we went on a ride blitz, hitting everything we could. At the end, we made our grand finale with two rides on BTMRR and a ride on Splash. When we got off SM, it was 8 minutes to park close - and with blisters and all we decided to make a mad dash to HM for one last ride. Amazingly, we made it with about 2 minutes to spare, and enjoyed our happy haunts - but when we exited the ride, it was after 11. MK was closed. It was time to go.

DSCN0588.jpg

Last month we were going from HS to MK after Fantasmic was over. The line for the TTC was out of control! We ended up getting on the bus for the Contemporary and walked over. What a great walk! It was even nicer since Wishes had just started when we were walking.

Last month we were going from HS to MK after Fantasmic was over. The line for the TTC was out of control! We ended up getting on the bus for the Contemporary and walked over. What a great walk! It was even nicer since Wishes had just started when we were walking.

Yes, it's amazing the difference both getting to CR instead of MK, and in walking over. I definitely from now on will keep CR in my head as an "easy-to-MK" location, whereas it never before really got on my radar as somewhere I could go and then get to MK. Aw, I miss it! :)

I have really been slacking on this TR lately; I think, like many others, coming to the end of the TR mentally feels like the trip is ending again.

But as we know, all good things MUST end, so I have plans on finishing our/my last WDW day before this weekend. Thanks to everyone who has been following along - the end is coming soon. :goodvibes

Oh, the tough decision making that comes with planning WDW trips, right? The next time I'm going is over New Years this year. Then after that, we don't have anything on the horizon, because we're actually planning on going to Europe for two weeks in the summer, so I'll actually be going to Disneyland Paris for a day.

I was thinking about taking a short trip over F&W again, because we had such a good time, and I think a short trip focusing on F&W would be a lot of fun.

I've never gone in April before. Personally, I like September / October / November as an option. I've never had major problems before with hurricane season. If you're raring to go, you might feel like you get more bang out of your buck to go sooner when it's cold. But I'm also a bad influence, being all like "oh, go now!" :laughing:

Oh man, your comment was sandwiched between my two updates and I didn't even see it until right now! (and that was because I was going back to re-read my "conundrum" and see if anything "came" to me)

I am running into problems because I keep thinking I'd like to see the new Fantasyland part open up, and that means late next year. But I'd like to get as much use out of the APs as I can - so far, I've already made my money back on it, but I would like to get some cheap vacations now!

I've never gone in April either - everyone says it's so busy the whole month, but the crowd calendars on TP and easyWDW don't necessarily agree - they're almost the same numbers for the week I want to go in April as the numbers I got when we went in October (actually, April is lower!).

Decisions, decisions. I'm still training for the Princess Half Marathon; hopefully registration will stay open long enough for me to decide whether or not I'll be up to par by that date. At this point, I don't know - I got sick for a bit and it pushed me pretty far off course!

What a great night at the MK! Your seats for the dessert party were amazing! But I can't believe that guy didn't take that hat off. Wow.....

What a great night at the MK! Your seats for the dessert party were amazing! But I can't believe that guy didn't take that hat off. Wow.....

I found out a little later that they seat parties of two at these tables. We sat and watched the whole show in comfort, and were just thoroughly enjoying ourselves. Both of us got a cold, cold drink and I got a big bowl of (very creamy and delicious) ice cream for the show; it was so wonderfully relaxing, I know that I'll do it again when DBF and I go for our trip next year. Even if the parks aren't crowded. It was very nice, and I'd completely recommend it.

As for the hat, I kept thinking about saying something, but finally realized I wasn't the Polite Police. This guy wasn't blocking my view at all, so who was I to point out his rudeness? I tried to just let it go and enjoy our fireworks. Yes, the fireworks were ours. :)

After our ride blitz at Magic Kingdom last night, I thought that we wouldn't be getting up very early this morning - and I was right.

Mom and I woke up around 8:30 a.m.; I knew right away that we wouldn't be going to any parks this morning. Mom's blistered feet were done for at this point - there would be no last-minute dash to MK, our trip together was coming to a close. She hadn't even begun to pack.

After another wonderful night in the Contemporary bed, I journeyed down to the front desk in hopes of begging them to sell me a few pillows. I cannot sleep on any pillows at home - we have more than 15 different pillows that I have to rotate through, but I can only sleep a few nights on any of them before pain and suffering sets in. I had my first few nights of comfortable sleep in years at the Contemporary, and I was determined to leave that hotel with a few of those heavenly pillows.

I spoke with an "Earning My Ears" cast member at the front desk, but it turned out that the pillows were not for sale, they had none extra to sell, and there was really no place to buy them. I'm still searching today, but I do admit I let some tears slip. I haven't had sleep like that in years, and I would have paid good money for them. The front desk CM even told me just to take them and worry about the cost later, but my conscience wouldn't allow it. ... Also, I was afraid that I'd get them home and get a $500 charge on my credit card for pillows. :laughing: So I left the front desk, dejected.

I went back to the room and opened the patio door one last time to enjoy the beautiful weather and the view. The lock broke in my hand when I tried to open it. Well, at least it waited until we were leaving! I called maintenance, and Ma and I sat on the beds looking at each other and waiting for the clock to wind down the time for us to leave the room.

We had a knock on the door. It was maintenance, but they thought the room was empty and had come to fix it. I told them we were leaving very soon, but they insisted on coming back later.

Finally, I realized what time it really was and said "HOLY CRAP MOM, YOU'RE GONNA MISS YOUR BUS" and we took off on a run to the lobby with nary a backward glance at our beloved room. When we got down there, we found that we had BARELY caught her bus; it was all loaded up, the doors to the bottom storage had been closed, and the driver was climbing aboard. We said we thought that was her bus, they double-checked and saw it was, and one of the porters took off running to catch it. It was so quick, they took her immediately and we only got a few seconds to hug goodbye and then she was dashing to the bus. She got on the bus and it took off within moments.

I watched her board; I watched it go. Maybe there was one more tear.

Thanks for the GREAT memories, Mom.

:love:

After our ride blitz at Magic Kingdom last night, I thought that we wouldn't be getting up very early this morning - and I was right.

Mom and I woke up around 8:30 a.m.; I knew right away that we wouldn't be going to any parks this morning. Mom's blistered feet were done for at this point - there would be no last-minute dash to MK, our trip together was coming to a close. She hadn't even begun to pack.

After another wonderful night in the Contemporary bed, I journeyed down to the front desk in hopes of begging them to sell me a few pillows. I cannot sleep on any pillows at home - we have more than 15 different pillows that I have to rotate through, but I can only sleep a few nights on any of them before pain and suffering sets in. I had my first few nights of comfortable sleep in years at the Contemporary, and I was determined to leave that hotel with a few of those heavenly pillows.

I spoke with an "Earning My Ears" cast member at the front desk, but it turned out that the pillows were not for sale, they had none extra to sell, and there was really no place to buy them. I'm still searching today, but I do admit I let some tears slip. I haven't had sleep like that in years, and I would have paid good money for them. The front desk CM even told me just to take them and worry about the cost later, but my conscience wouldn't allow it. ... Also, I was afraid that I'd get them home and get a $500 charge on my credit card for pillows. :laughing: So I left the front desk, dejected.

I went back to the room and opened the patio door one last time to enjoy the beautiful weather and the view. The lock broke in my hand when I tried to open it. Well, at least it waited until we were leaving! I called maintenance, and Ma and I sat on the beds looking at each other and waiting for the clock to wind down the time for us to leave the room.

We had a knock on the door. It was maintenance, but they thought the room was empty and had come to fix it. I told them we were leaving very soon, but they insisted on coming back later.

Finally, I realized what time it really was and said "HOLY CRAP MOM, YOU'RE GONNA MISS YOUR BUS" and we took off on a run to the lobby with nary a backward glance at our beloved room. When we got down there, we found that we had BARELY caught her bus; it was all loaded up, the doors to the bottom storage had been closed, and the driver was climbing aboard. We said we thought that was her bus, they double-checked and saw it was, and one of the porters took off running to catch it. It was so quick, they took her immediately and we only got a few seconds to hug goodbye and then she was dashing to the bus. She got on the bus and it took off within moments.

I watched her board; I watched it go. Maybe there was one more tear.

Thanks for the GREAT memories, Mom.

:love:

There is actually a way you can get the pillows! Or at least REALLY close to them. When we stayed in GF for a night the resort front desk told us to look at this website: http://www.disneyresortcollection.com/ We bought one of the King Ultra rest pillows. They were pretty affordable when it comes to Pillows. But the higher quality you go, the higher the price.

As I watched the bus go, I felt a little lonely and a little excited. What was I going to do with the rest of my day? A text on my phone told me that DBF was already at the airport in Chicago; he'd arrived early and was lounging about the terminal. He'd arrive to pick me up at the CR around 3:30 or 4 p.m.; I had a full day to myself.

We hadn't gone to Epcot much, but I was bushed, beat, and flat out exhausted by this point. The easiest thing to do seemed to be dropping my bags off at the bag check and walking over to MK; and that's JUST what I did.

DSCN0595.jpg

Oh boy, I am ALREADY TIRED. But I'm still at Disney, so I'm smilin':

DSCN0596.jpg

Wow, this walk didn't seem so far last night.

DSCN0597.jpg

Am I even getting anywhere?

DSCN0599.jpg

Maybe I need a rest and should just sit down for a minu... OOOOH MONORAIL!

DSCN0600.jpg

It honked at me; that made me jump and laugh and got me moving.

Alright, alright, let's go to MK!

DSCN0601.jpg

Look! Look!

IMG_20111015_111857.jpg

Today the goal was multiple: I wanted to do some shopping, I wanted to do some wandering, and I wanted to just enjoy myself.

Ahhh, let's go.

First, towards Tomorrowland.

DSCN0602.jpg

Hey look, there's a bathroom hidden over here! I never knew!

DSCN0603.jpg

Hey look, we were here last night! I need a pic!

DSCN0605.jpg

I didn't go into Tomorrowland; I walked the back way around the castle instead and ended up here:

DSCN0606.jpg

Look, it's the bigtop tent! Why does this remind me of that old show "Dumbo's Circus"? I don't know but I LOVED that show as a kid. We'd sometimes catch it on accident on my grandparent's satellite dish (in the 80's!!!) and I LOVED IT. Even now I can hear the theme song in my head and see that cat-woman jumping off the train - "Dumbo's Circus, DUMBO'S CIRCUS, is coming to visit YOU". Yay!

Anyway, moving on.

DSCN0608.jpg

I can't wait until that wall is down; it's so ugly.

DSCN0609.jpg

Moving on.

I went in this store and browsed, seeing a few items I might need to return for before this trip was through. I thought this was a cool display outside:

DSCN0611.jpg

No no, that pic sucks. Let's get closer:

DSCN0612.jpg

Nice!

More strolling was in order:

DSCN0613.jpg

Maybe I'll go ride Haunted Mansion.

DSCN0614.jpg

Eh, not with that line. No thanks.

This was a good opportunity to kind of take things in and imagine myself on a solo trip.

DSCN0615.jpg

I :love: HM.

DSCN0616.jpg

I started walking towards Splash and BTMRR.

DSCN0617.jpg

This sight had caught me and mom unaware just the day before. It was so cool to see our hotel from MK!!! We had kept saying "oh look, it's our hotel" every time we could see it.

DSCN0620.jpg

I was trying to catch an unusual pic, but probably just taking the same pic a thousand had before me:

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

cont. in next post due to image restrictions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter