I need some input from experts...

xyymom

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm new to these forums! :) I've started planning a trip to WDW with my family (kids will be 8,6 &4). I'm looking at going the first week of October.

What I need to know is; how is the weather then? Do the parks close early? How early? If so, do they still have parades, etc? Is it worthwhile to go at this time of the year? I'm assuming crowds will be light.

We're in Canada so we'd like to go when it's starting to get cooler here so that we can enjoy some sunshine & warmth ;)

We're looking at the Vistana Villages to stay at, has anyone been?

Thanks if you can help! I am having trouble with planning any further because I don't know these basic schedule type answers!

:earsgirl:

Hi xyymom Welcome to the DIS :wave:

October is a great time to go :) We have been 3 times in Oct/Nov, the weather is gorgeous too.

Here is a link to the projected park hours for the first week in October. You will still get to see all of the parades and WISHES is on (not every night though). There is also Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (there is a great thread about this on the Trip Planning Board).

My friend stayed at Vistana Villages last year and absolutely loved it :)

I hope some of this has helped you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter