• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I must be obsessed, anyone planning 2009?!

Many many pages back, I posted that I was planning our May/June, 2009 trip. A trip to WDW has been an annual thing for eleven years now. But.....I had to cancel our May 29th through June 7, 2008 trip! I was just sick to my stomach but it couldn't be helped.

I unexpectedly got a job offer. More money, less work, equals less stress. Unfortunately, I had to start right away. My daughter is graduating her first year from missionary college in July so I couldn't very well tell my new boss that I had to take off for our Walt Disney World vacation AND take time off to travel to Georgia for my daughter's graduation.

So, more money, less stress, daughter's graduation equals cancelled Walt Disney World vacation.

I just started posting on the boards again. I know it sounds silly but I just couldn't make myself look at all the Disney information/posts. I am still sad.

Oh well, my new boss is super generous and loves to travel. Who knows....maybe I can talk him into paying for a Christmas Walt Disney World vacation! He has been known to pay for other employees' vacations. Even if that dream doesn't come true, I have already prepared him for the fact that come May/June, 2009, I will be gone to WDW!

I am counting down the days until the 2009 prices come out so that I can book a package.

Aww - I am sure you are very proud of your daughter. I don't know her and I sure am. That is a wonderful thing to graduate from. :hug:

We are!!!! We just returned from our honeymoon at Disney on May 31st and I am now planning our next "family" trip with mine and my DH's family in August of 2009. I can't wait to go back!!!! :dance3:

Congratulations on your marriage. Going back to celebrate again in 2009 will make it all the more wonderful!!! :cloud9:

Aww - I am sure you are very proud of your daughter. I don't know her and I sure am. That is a wonderful thing to graduate from. :hug:

Extremely proud! She goes to school year round. They take internet courses and travel at least four or five days a week. They come home only long enough to wash clothes, go to church and get ready for the next trip. Last week, she worked at a day camp for autistic children. The week before that, the worked at a day camp for underprivileged children. On the weekends they are actually home, she helps coach a team of handicapped children. The girl is busy!!!!! It makes Mama so proud! Thanks for the recognition!

DW and I are going in October for 8 days and I am already planning for 2009, I am doing a National Meeting at CSR in Feb. then meeting the family for 5 nights for a vacation. This the first time that I'm planning 2 trips at once, kind of fun!:tinker:

I think planning is the best part, we got back a couple of weeks ago and began planning our next trip so I guess i'm obsessed too:cool1: :woohoo:

Me:surfweb:

DH:drive:

DDprincess:

(cookie):dog:

:disrocks: :dance3:

We haven't even gone on our 08 trip yet, and I'm already planning 09 :rotfl:

We are planning on going toward the end of '09. I have already decided which resort we are staying in, made tentative plans for the days and a list of the possible restaurants. :lovestruc I wouldn't say I'm obsessed though! ;)

From the day my DGS was born (May 2, 2007) we planned to take him to WDW as soon as he turned 2. So we settled on some dates and started planning for a May 2009 trip. But sometime in April, 2008, we decided it was silly to wait another year. So we quickly planned a trip and took Aidan (along with his Mommy and Daddy) to WDW for 5 days from June 2 - June 6, 2008. The 5 days flew by too quickly but Aidan had the time of his life! (He especially loved the parades!) So now we are planning Aidan's next trip to Disney. We will be at VWL from May 22 - May 31, 2009. My DD and I have already started discussing where we want our ADRs to be and counting down the days. It is never too soon to begin dreaming about and planning the next trip!:yay:

Planning for Jan 2009 -- well really my sister is doing most of the planning and I'm coming along for the ride with her family! We're all super excited, and many of our conversations come back to what we want to do at WDW and stuff she's read on the disboards. :-) We'll be happy dancing for a while waiting for our trip, and it's sooooo worth the wait!

We're going in 2009, but not till December. So it's hard to get excited at this point!

i have a trip in 2 weeks! can't believe it is finally here but already i am planning the 2009 trip and now that i have an AP....just might add a quick trip in october 2008.............i am definitely obsessed.

We are thinking about going in either January, Febuary, or November '09. :cool1: We have to use up our DVC points, so thats the main reason we're going, and because we LOVE it there! :goodvibes

:cool1: June 2009!!!:cool1:

We're (My DH and I) planning on going June 6-13, I've been to WDW each June the past 2 years but this will be our first time staying onsite.

We're still deciding between AKL, CR, or CSR but reading the posts on the board have really helped answer all of my questions so far!

I find myself reading the boards for hours! I think I may be addicted!

June can't come soon enough!

:yay::yay: :yay:

I'm so glad we're not the only ones already planning our summer '09 trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter