I must be obsessed, anyone planning 2009?!

My family (and extended family) are going back to Disney Feb. '09 ( I don't even have the exact dates yet). Is it too soon to be talking obsessively?! Anyone else prepared to do the happy dance for 12+ months with me?!:yay: :cool1: :cheer2:
Too soon? Certainly not. The wife and I are planning a trip for late 2009 or early 2010. We'd be going sooner, but we also want to take her youngest sister to the new Harry Potter theme park at Universal.

Also, it will be our first Disney trip with our new daughter, who is now 4 months old, and will be about 2 years old when we go. I can't wait to see the joy on her face when she meets Mickey and Minnie for the first time. ::yes::

Yes!!! We can't go in 2008, but I have begun planning for March, 2009. DH and DS8 think I am crazy. :eek: I haven't reached my obsessive stage yet, but I am looking into resorts, and I am considering renting points for the first time. I'm glad I'm not the only one either.

Another one for March. We have a room booked at ASMO for the 27th to April 4th. have our hopper passes, and flight booked. In Sept (if I remember correctly) we can make our ADRs. :cool1:

Not only am I planning a March 2009 trip with my family of 5, but we just decided that we're going down in December 2010 with a group of friends and family to celebrate our wedding anniversary. So I'm now planning two trips! Woo hoo!

Yep, add me to the mix...DH and I along with my parents and possibly his parents are going Christmas 2009. :santa:

What's sad is that it's over 18 months away :(

It has been almost 2 years since my last visit. My daughter is there right now with her dad and stepmother. So I decided today that her and I need a mommy/daughter visit to DW. We are going in Aug. 2009 start the planning!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

We are planning on going in June 09. I am trying to keep my excitment down, but who wouldnt get excited???? We will be there for 8 - 10 days this time!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Another one for March. We have a room booked at ASMO for the 27th to April 4th. have our hopper passes, and flight booked. In Sept (if I remember correctly) we can make our ADRs. :cool1:

You booked already?! How'd you pull that off? I have looked at different airlines and the WDW website and they don't go out that far yet.. :surfweb:

BigGreen73.....you can call WDW and book a room only ressie for 2009 now to secure the resort you want. Then when the packages come out for '09, you can call back or go online with ressie number and change to your package.

We are booked off site for 2009 and I'm planning already.....DH wants to try an off site condo this time. I'm sad, but willing to give it a whirl to prove him WRONG (off v. on-site) and show him how GREAT on-site stays really are....no driving around, 24/7 Disney magic :)!!!!!

Nov 30, 2009 here. 10 nights of nuttin' but mouse. Just 76 more weeks.

I too am curious how Stitchfans has already booked a flight. :confused:

Do tell?

We have one planned for Nov 08, but I am trying to get a short one for May 09. Trying to arrange a conference for work and will just tack on a couple days for my self after the conference. OH, how I hope it all works out. But I am already planning to make Disney an annual trip for our family also. Someone at work said they were tired of Disney after having been three years in a row. Can you imagine?

Raising my hand. We are going end of July 2009 for 14 days, seven on-site, seven off. We're staying at WL courtesy of BIL/SIL and their DVC membership. :cool1: We will be making the ressies on July 1. This will be a first trip for DH and most of our kids. The kids don't know about this trip so I am trying to come up with a cool way to tell them.

Currently, I'm trying to convince my DH that we need to do an adults only trip in September. We'll see how that goes.

We are planning a 2 week Florida vacation for next June.

week #1: in Kissimmee(offsite), 3 days at WDW, 1 day at KSC, 1 day to visit some family and friends and a couple days to shop and explore the other sites of the area.

week #2: in Fort Walton Beach, hanging out at the beach.

:sad: 367 more days :sad:

I am planning a Grand Gathering for us and my DH's family for October 5-9, 2009. We are going to stay at the Pop Century in Preferred rooms and be on the Deluxe Dining Plan. There will be my family of 4 including a DS's 11 & 10 (ages at time of trip). My mother and father in law. Then my brother and sister in law and their 7 (age at time of trip) son. My mother and father in law have been to WDW a couple of times. The brother and sister in law have each been once. Also while we are there the brother and sister in law will celebrate their wedding anniversary. I already have the design for a suprise anniversary cake picked out. If we eat at the Coral Reef, I would love to get a diver to have a happy anniversary sign for them. Then my sister in law really wants to go on the Magical Fireworks Voyage. In our family I am considered the "Dinsey World Expert", so I am doing the bulk of the planning. I know that once we get back from our family trip in December that I will start the more hard core planning. As of right now, my sister and mother in law and I are going to have monthly meeting to go over the trip.

I had no idea how obsessive you can get when planning for WDW! It's our first trip and I can think of NOTHING else.

January can't get here soon enough!

My next trip is Sept 18-21 this year and I'm ready to start planning the family trip for '09. Not sure who will get to go as one is moving to LA to be famous and my youngest is going to be in culinary school in Chicago starting this fall. My oldest son and daughter-in-law live here so they may be able to plan time off anytime. With my daughter in school it's a bit harder to plan but she gets different breaks than she did in high school so it may not be as hard to plan as it used to be. I get some kind of Disney guide book (Birmbaum or Passporter) every time we go - not that I need that much help but it's just adds to the excitement for me! In fact, I think I may go start reading one of them right now!!!:tink:

I had no idea how obsessive you can get when planning for WDW! It's our first trip and I can think of NOTHING else.

January can't get here soon enough!

Hey...maybe we should carpool! We're going in Jan 09 as well. For the first time ever, I'm planning two Disney trips at once! :dance3:

My wife and I are planning on going back to Disney in June 2009. I recently found out the first week may not be especially good. Looking at June 13-20!

What about decorating windows of your hotel room. We are planning on staying at Pop or Allstars, since we newlyweds on a budget.

My first post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter