• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I made dinner and they didn't come! [UPDATED]

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
I don't know what happened. We invited a couple from church over for dinner last night. I talked to her yesterday at church, and all was a go. We firmed up the time and day, and I said, "See you tomorrow night. The guys can watch the Broncos games while we play with Ellie (5 mos)." 6:30 rolls around, they're not there yet. 6:45, 7:00. We finally eat. I didn't know what to do. Call and say, "Where are you?" I really don't like confrontation. I'm sure they just forgot, so I am not really mad. I keep thinking something happened to Ellie, or the husband got in a car wreck (he works in south Denver). I feel like I should call today and see if something was wrong. But, then, if they just forgot, I'll feel bad cuz I'm making them feel bad.

Any advice???

Call to check up on them... that's really weird that they were complete no-shows. My first instinct is to worry, then I move directly to being angry. A call at least would have been polite, but if there was some sort of emergency then I would understand no phone call.
-MrsAPalm

Call them, the longer you wait, the more it's going to turn into something bigger than it already is.

You won't mention it, they'll be embarrassed and won't mention it, and it'll keep going from there. Get it over and done with and set up a new day.

Just the advice from the peanut gallery. :)

I agree call to see if everything is OK... :)

I would be concerned and call, it is possible that something did happen. If that was the case and you didn't call you would probably feel bad.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I would definitely call, especially since you confirmed everything that same day. I would wonder if something happened to them.

If they forgot, they will apologize (hopefully!) and you'll go from there.

This happened to DH and I once.

First I would call to make sure they are all right (which we did)

Second - take it from there depending on the reason.

Let us know what happened.

I ended up fuming mad. The couple we invited had an argument and "didn't feel like calling and talking to anyone".

I cleaned all morning, cooked special pasta sauce, salad, homemade Italian bread, freshly grated parmesean cheese, homemade appetizers and dessert.

Optimistic DH says "Just leaves more of your good cookin for us. Go light the candles" LOL We had a wonderful candlelight dinner.

So, I called and left a message. I said I must have been confused because I thought we were having dinner last night. I asked her to call me and let me know what date we did set it for. Or, if it was for last night, I hoped nothing was wrong. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Definitely call but to avoid confrontation just make it like you were worried about them.

I hope there is nothing wrong. She may have just gotten confused and got into her mind that it was for next week.

I agree its always best to call. You never know what could be wrong.
We have a standing appointment on Fridays at 11:00 and she never showed up last week. We finally called and left a message around 11:40 to check if she was coming. We just got a call back today that siad she went away for the weekend and thought she had told us. :rolleyes: Of course she apologized over and over too.

Hi Kelli,

I'm with you about being concerned.....you did the right thing by calling to make sure everything is okay. I wouldn't be mad because believe me I know how hectic life can be and if they forgot they will probably be more upset at themselves and feel like idiots for forgetting! I sure hope thats all it was!!

Kelli, I would have said the exact same thing. They will probably call back with a thousand apologies.

She did call back last night, and aplogized over and over again. She said they just completely forgot. No reason, just forgot. She said she feels horrible about twenty times. I felt bad, I wasn't mad, just concerned. I told her I'd call her back next week and reschedule since this week and weekend are crazy. So, all's well that ends well. :)

Glad to hear they are OK Kelli.

Sometimes our lives get so crazy we just have things slip right by us.

Have a wonderful dinner when they do come over. :D

Kelli. Sounds like the message you left was extremely tactful and did the job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter