I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - you may only be able to instant win points ONCE on the Marriott 29 ways promotion...

T&C's state: The total maximum ARV of all prizes is $3,731,553.40USD. Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per person.
Also this text after you play: Come back and play tomorrow for another grand prize entry.

So it seems that once you "Instant Win" points...playing on future days only gets you grand prize entries and no more points. This makes me super excited about the 50 and 50 points that my wife and I won today. Yay...100 Marriott points...

If anybody is able to instant win a second time, please report back...but this looks like a HUGE DUD!
Just scored 50 as well! woohoo!!!!! party::dancer:

At least all you people got 50 points. My game malfunctioned so I am pretty sure I got 0 points.
Well you could try again - you are entitled to instant win one time during the 29 days. If you got 0 one day it's worth trying again.

Basically, once you earn points then you probably don't want to waste time on it anymore.

Yep, I'm another 50 WHOLE points winner from Marriott. But...since I was on the website I looked and had 6 (!) certificates...for some random, unknown reason my 3 R-C club level upgrade certificates have posted a month early. That's exciting although I still can't decide whether it's worth it for me to keep my R-C. Happily I have a month until the AF posts.

Guess I'm the outlier in the parks v cruises discussion. We go on cruises (or ABD or other tours) now versus the parks. The FP+, magic bands and change to two Dumbos ruined the parks for me. Honestly if I never go again I won't be sad. I am excited about DLP with the podcast ABD but I don't have any experience with DLP.

Now if my rose gold Amex would just come in I would be over the moon :)

Chase accounts on credit reports update shortly after the close of statement each month or if an account is paid in full.

Have you checked Credit Karma?

Did DH also request Chase remove his closed AU accounts from his credit reports?

Did DH dispute the closed AU accounts with the credit reporting bureaus directly?
when we sm'ed to dh's acct page to remove they replied that we already removed via mine.... he hasn't disputed anything with the bureaus,how would we go about doing that? CK is the first place I check and the next fall off card (chase) is 12/1

:offtopic:

In this episode of tell me how to live my life... DCL. We are heading to WDW in July of next year. DH has been adamant for years that he would never do a cruise. Suddenly, he's open to the idea of a land and sea vacation.

:scared1: Me, casually looking up the price of a 4 day DCL cruise.

We have never, ever cruised before. From what j can tell, DCL is at least double if not more than other cruises. Is the Disney difference worth it? Is the land and sea worth it? Maybe we should just extend and spend a few days at the beach?

Of course, I would do some wheeling and dealing to negate the cost of the cruise with CC rewards, GC discounts, Swagbucks, etc. But then again, I could channel that energy into a 'nicer' WDW trip.
DCL is the best vacation ever according to all 4 of my kids, and i agree. However, I wouldn't pay the prices for the peak travel times. We always sail in the off season. Is it possible to plan a separate cruise when rates aren't as outrageous?

Guess I'm the outlier in the parks v cruises discussion. We go on cruises (or ABD or other tours) now versus the parks. The FP+, magic bands and change to two Dumbos ruined the parks for me. Honestly if I never go again I won't be sad. I am excited about DLP with the podcast ABD but I don't have any experience with DLP.

I hear you. We really loved our DCL Norway/Iceland cruise and I would love to take another one like that, to some new place we haven't been to yet. I'm not really a DCL no matter what the destination fan, but with the right itinerary it was amazing. As far as the parks, we will go back, but not frequently. In addition to the crazy ADR and FP+ advance planning, it's the tacky add-on experiences they are pushing for every little thing, trying to make as much money as possible. I know it's a corporation and their aim is to maximize revenue, but the hotel cutbacks in CL with the rising prices just leave a bad taste for me.

Do you know which credit bureau Chase pulls for you? Check Credit Karma for EQ/TU, and the Experian app for EX.

If Chase's pulls appear only on EX, you'll notice all your accounts are back-dated to the first of the month. You are safe to apply, because Chase will see you as under 5/24.

This will only work if EX is the only bureau Chase pulls for you. If they pull EX and one or both of the others, you'll be denied.
this confuses me more.... how will I know what they will pull from? chart says exp 4 but there may be more and I see this listed on CK site so that means I need to wait?

However, I wouldn't pay the prices for the peak travel times.

Can't lie, it's painful. My parents' anniversary is New Year's Eve so I've paid for one family cruise (LOL-three families and there are 8 of us sort of like your one family IIRC!) at peak season and next year for their 50th paying for that again. It IS painful, for sure but it makes my mom happy and she's done so much for me it's still worth it to give her joy :)

If you’ve played already and received an instant win prize (e.g., points), it doesn’t appear you’ll get to win any more daily points or prizes for the rest of the sweepstakes; you’re just playing for another entry for the grand prize each time.

Entered today, and no points. Seems to be the same among redditors who played yesterday, got points, played again today, no points.

Awww fudge :headache:

Totally missed this part in the rules: "Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per person."

Nuts. I might keep playing for chances at the grand prize but it's not high on my list of things to do in a day now. Fiddle sticks. I suspect a fall off in the number of players each day now.

when we sm'ed to dh's acct page to remove they replied that we already removed via mine.... he hasn't disputed anything with the bureaus,how would we go about doing that? CK is the first place I check and the next fall off card (chase) is 12/1

Removing DH as an AU of your accounts is different than removing reference of those AU accounts from DH’s credit reports.

Do the AU accounts still show on DH’s credit reports? If so, are they closed? If so, DH needs to go back to Chase and ask they remove them from his credit reports, or dispute them directly through Experian’s, Equifax’s, and Transunion’s sites.

If you’ve played already and received an instant win prize (e.g., points), it doesn’t appear you’ll get to win any more daily points or prizes for the rest of the sweepstakes; you’re just playing for another entry for the grand prize each time.

Entered today, and no points. Seems to be the same among redditors who played yesterday, got points, played again today, no points.

Sorry @Lain - I totally missed that you had already shared this news. LOL!

FYI - you may only be able to instant win points ONCE on the Marriott 29 ways promotion...

T&C's state: The total maximum ARV of all prizes is $3,731,553.40USD. Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per person.
Also this text after you play: Come back and play tomorrow for another grand prize entry.

So it seems that once you "Instant Win" points...playing on future days only gets you grand prize entries and no more points. This makes me super excited about the 50 and 50 points that my wife and I won today. Yay...100 Marriott points...

If anybody is able to instant win a second time, please report back...but this looks like a HUGE DUD!

Yep, dud. While the grand prize does sound awesome, just an entry for that is not enough to make it top priority each day and now they've missed the whole point of the sweepstakes. I feel less excited about the 45 cents worth of points knowing they won't be getting any friends to join them. Marketing fail.

Super confusion yesterday and today with ATT. We have DirectTV that has always billed on the CC at DirectTV until last month, according to DH, it became ATT. So, of course, I had used DH and my $200 AmEx offers so when I was entering the charges, I was totally confused by this ATT charge on DH's CIC and thought they had messed up my Internet payment that I pre-paid with AmEx. After several calls to ATT and Chase and texting DH's everything is fine but I guess I should be glad that our DirectTV bill is separate from our Internet service since I had no problem using the AmEx offer on it. For those with the combined bill, my 800 is different between the two on the Chase statement. I have 331 for the Internet service that credited fine.

Last edited:
Well you could try again - you are entitled to instant win one time during the 29 days. If you got 0 one day it's worth trying again.

Basically, once you earn points then you probably don't want to waste time on it anymore.

Today it said I got an entry. Yesterday it said Error try again and when I hit that it jumped to You Have already played today. So I guess I could have possibly gotten points, I just can't see them. Besides the PopUp. was there a way to tell about points? I didn't get an email or actually see points added to my DH account, just the PopUp. Not that I really care I guess, 50-500 points are pretty measly.

this confuses me more.... how will I know what they will pull from? chart says exp 4 but there may be more and I see this listed on CK site so that means I need to wait?

This DoC page is a good starting point.

Are you looking at inquiries or accounts on CK? Your cards will show up under all 3 credit bureaus, that's normal. Look for inquiries - you shouldn't see inquiries for Chase on all 3 bureaus (but you might see more than 1).

The way to do it is to download the Experian app (free), and check your inquiries there. You'll probably see Chase, they very often pull EX. Next, check inquiries on Credit Karma - both EQ and TU just to make sure. You might see an inquiry, you might not.

It's possible Chase pulls more than one bureau - I've seen pulls from both EX and EQ. If they do that, you will need to wait until the following month. Basically, if Chase pulls any bureau other than ONLY Experian, you need to wait.

I'm curious if any of you do the auto payment option with your cards, just for peace of mind. I know I've read some of you pay on your cards whenever you get paid. Is there a limit to how many payments they will accept in a pay period?
Activate card, set up on line account (if new), set up autopay. All done and no need to worry. I don't pay off the card at different times, just on the statement through auto pay.

Another DCL fan here, but we've reached the point where we will only jump for the right itinerary. I've done 12 DCL cruises, and my family has done 8 (thanks to 4 DCL girls' cruises that CaliforniaGirl and I have done -- San Diego to Vancouver, 2-night cruise to nowhere out of San Diego B2B with Ensenada, and Canada out of New York). The family has done both Eastern and Western Caribbean and Bahamas, and also Alaska, the Med, Iceland/Scotland/Norway, Baltics and British Isles. We've loved our European DCL cruises, especially Iceland/Scotland/Norway and British Isles. We aren't really beach people, so I can't see us going back to the Bahamas or Caribbean with DCL. We'd love to do a DCL cruise to Asia and are hoping this might be in the cards in a few years when DCL has two new ships and can maybe move the Magic to Asia. But totally agree that we will not cruise DCL just for the sake of cruising DCL. And I wouldn't rule DCL pricing us out in future either, the way things are going....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter