I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Okay so do I jump on the elevated (but not highest) Delta Biz Plat offer? Or do I do the AA Citi Biz? I wanted the Delta biz in the fall when I was flying delta for a wedding, and needed the GE for my mom. But ended up not needing the GE since I did the MDD this fall. No plans to fly delta soon needing the free checked bags. I do like the new 15% off points if you hold a Delta card. I'd likely downgrade the Plat to the Gold after a year. IDK. I had both gold prior. All that said, Amex has been a hater, and I do have 4 cards currently (though 1 is a charge card).

The citi biz is the standard 65k offer. Waived AF for the first year. I will fly AA to NC and want the free baggage. But I can always get that later if needed. Both require a $4k spend. I just don't know which to jump on. Hmmm.
I think that AA offer comes around pretty often, I don't know if this is a normal elevated Delta offer, but if it's higher than normal I would jump on the Delta.

Sounds wonderful! This will be our 3rd time there. Will be at Andaz in 50 days!
How was Tabacon?

Tabacon was wonderful. Same excellent service levels as at Andaz. Thermal hot springs were so nice at the end of a day’s sightseeing. We were really surprised how quiet it was at the hot springs after sunset - easy to find a secluded spot and so relaxing.

All this delta talk prompted me to check how much it would cost to change of NYC tickets with the 15% skymiles discount. Turns out I was able to change our flights without that additional points even though those flights are selling for higher. I don't know if it's a glitch in the system or if there was a flight adjustment allowing the free change but you might want to check if you are interested in better flight options.

All this delta talk prompted me to check how much it would cost to change of NYC tickets with the 15% skymiles discount. Turns out I was able to change our flights without that additional points even though those flights are selling for higher. I don't know if it's a glitch in the system or if there was a flight adjustment allowing the free change but you might want to check if you are interested in better flight options.
Nevermind LOL, misunderstood :-)

Tabacon was wonderful. Same excellent service levels as at Andaz. Thermal hot springs were so nice at the end of a day’s sightseeing. We were really surprised how quiet it was at the hot springs after sunset - easy to find a secluded spot and so relaxing.
Tabacon hot springs look amazing. The price is so much higher than other hot springs in the area though. At least double. Anyone been to any of the others? I was looking at EcoTermales possibly...

Thank you!! I did the spend ASAP, I'll wait a few days to see what happens. They stuck to the 1/28 date on the chat, but even that is 92 days, not 90. Thank you for the info/guidance!
You're right it's not exactly 90 days, it's usually around 92 because they just advance the month 3 ahead. Usually makes it easy to remember a due date - so 10/28 gets 1/28, 12/5 gets 3/5, etc. Except months like Feb, that's gets a little off. I was approved on 1/7 but my period ends 4/9 cuz of the short month.

But happy to see the leeway is still intact! Chase is forgiving like that. I hope it doesn't change.

Question on United... can anyone use the one-time lounge passes they issue with the sign up bonus? For example, if a friend gifted their passes to me, and we were flying United anyways, could I use them? Or are they attached to the cardmember?

Thanks for this info. Yes, I was looking in the browser.
In the browser you can see the tracker but you have to click and go to the Ultimate Rewards portal.

I think that AA offer comes around pretty often, I don't know if this is a normal elevated Delta offer, but if it's higher than normal I would jump on the Delta.
It's not the highest (that was 100k) and not the best 95k (there was a 95k + $200 credit). But 95k IS higher than the normal 50k. So I think I might jump on it. I can probably knock out that spend and likely another $4k before I'd need the AA perks, LOL.

i checked 4 all were the same or more people on Reddit are getting mixed results too.

I repriced all of our flights-mine, DH's, DM's and DD's with Delta today. As you can imagine, there were several. Flights within a few months were naturally more expensive while the ones father out reflected a nice discount. Plus, I saw where DM's flight home from DD's college graduation (where does the time go?) had been changed and had a reeeeealllly short transfer time (43 min) which is uncomfortable enough for me, but for a one eyed 70-something with titanium rods in her back is a no go. So I happily rescheduled her on an AA biz sAAver award flight, got those DL miles back and immediately used them for a last min trip to Orlando so win/win/win...all thanks to repricing those flights:flower1:

Last edited:
I repriced all of our flights-mine, DH's, DM's and DD's with Delta today. As you can imagine, there were several. Flights within a few months were naturally more expensive while the ones father out reflected a nice discount. Plus, I saw where DM's flight home from DD's college graduation (where does the time go?) had been changed and had a reeeeealllly short transfer time (43 min) which is uncomfortable enough for me, but for a one eyed 70-something with titanium rods in her back is a no go. So I happily rescheduled her on an AA biz sAAver award flight, got those DL miles back and immediately used them for a last min trip to Orlando so win/win/win...all thanks to repricing those flights:flower1:
OMG where did the time go indeed!?! I remember when you were planning to move her up there. I can't believe she's graduating already, congrats!

Now how will you keep that Delta status? :laughing:

All our PHX folks, can someone help me decide what's an acceptable connection time? Looking at AA flights and all their connections in PHX are 25 mins. It's for middle of the week in the middle of May so I don't expect weather or demand to affect it much. Are all the gates really close together or something?

They have a few flights that day so if we pick an earlier flight time, it gives options if it gets missed. I'm all about short connections, but I'm just surprised they're all that tight. I think that's like the minimum legal connection time right? I feel like if everything went exactly according to plan they'd be boarding when we arrive. :scared:

OMG where did the time go indeed!?! I remember when you were planning to move her up there. I can't believe she's graduating already, congrats!

Now how will you keep that Delta status? :laughing:
LOL, don't worry, she's staying for another year to get her Master's and I have flights to both Dublin and my beloved Edinburgh this spring and then Milan before my Venice to Athens cruise. So...yeah, working hard to keep that status! I mean, someone has to do the dirty work, right?🤣

All our PHX folks, can someone help me decide what's an acceptable connection time? Looking at AA flights and all their connections in PHX are 25 mins. It's for middle of the week in the middle of May so I don't expect weather or demand to affect it much. Are all the gates really close together or something?

They have a few flights that day so if we pick an earlier flight time, it gives options if it gets missed. I'm all about short connections, but I'm just surprised they're all that tight. I think that's like the minimum legal connection time right? I feel like if everything went exactly according to plan they'd be boarding when we arrive. :scared:
I wouldn’t. Weather isn’t usually a factor, but air traffic could be. Also like every other airport some gates are right next to each other, but what if they’re not. Terminal 4 could have gates 10 minutes apart from each other. Again not terrible, but man that’s a connection where everything has to work out perfectly. I’d say if you wouldn’t take a 25 minute connection at another airport, don’t do it in PHX either.

I'm a little confused on my SW account. Looks like somehow, I earned a CP for 2023 even though I don't have 135,000 points. I got my bonus from the business card and a support (104,929) which posted on 1/28. I also got the credit card qualifying points (defintiely 10k for the biz, maybe 10k for my new personal that I just opened).
This is confusing. I know they did something for 2023 CP because of the issues in December. I just don't want to fight for my 2024 pass once I earn the SUB for my personal card. My tracker says I have 114,929 of 135K which includes the credit card boost. How did I already earn a 2023 CP?
This happened to me as well. I still don’t know how i re- earned CP through 2023, but i was in the middle of my spend on my biz cards trying to earn CP thru 2024. I received a congratulatory email from southwest around the time my first bonus points hit my account and i was definitely confused and worried it might mess up my plan to earn through 2024. But my second biz card bonus has since posted and it triggered a second congratulatory email from SW regarding CP status through 2024. I can’t answer your question as to why we earned prematurely for 2023, but i wouldn’t worry about it messing up your plan for 2024!

SWA question (lots of those here right now lol) I have a 2 SWA cc's both just turned a year old, AF just hit for both on 2/1/23....however I don't see the annual points drop in my acct yet,when does that happen? and I will need to call in to cancel these,right? no SM? I don't want to do that till I get the anni points tho....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter