I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

My credit card win for today - took advantage of the Freedom quarterly 5% back on entertainment and offer of 10% back on Seat Geek up to $58 to renew my DC tennis tickets for next year.

The tournament is going on this week and so far I have sold half of my days for more than I paid for the entire week. I know I will get a 1099 from Seat Geek but feel its worth it for 4 days of free tennis + some extra cash which will cover parking and food. Saw Andy Murray yesterday, as well as Coco Gauff and Christopher Eubanks wins.

I am super dumb.

Can I generate a support link from one of my CICs to a CIP for my husband? If so, how do I do that??

So DH is $60 away from making the $15k spend on his CIP. I just had him refer me and will unfreeze my credit and apply for the reduced $8k spend CIP today or tomorrow. I need to start planning some vacations to use up these points.

I totally agree that price is insane. When did UO Deluxe get so expensive?
It fluctuates throughout the year, also. We're doing one night for a weekend in late September to use our last Amex Plat $200, but we'll still be paying $300 after the credit. It's still worth it when considering the $100 dining credit and the express passes. Third time we do this exact weekend trip, though, and our APS are expiring and we're not renewing. So this will be the last at UO for a few years, so we'll have to find somewhere else to use the Plat credit.

It fluctuates throughout the year, also. We're doing one night for a weekend in late September to use our last Amex Plat $200, but we'll still be paying $300 after the credit. It's still worth it when considering the $100 dining credit and the express passes. Third time we do this exact weekend trip, though, and our APS are expiring and we're not renewing. So this will be the last at UO for a few years, so we'll have to find somewhere else to use the Plat credit.
We are actually holding a small conference at Portofino Bay in late January. We got a nightly rate of $289 or so. Of course no one is going to use the Express Pass benefits--at least during the conference.

And I usually use mine at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta when I visit my daughter but I have a really old dog (my daughter is staying home to dog sit this week) so I probably won't get there this fall:(

SW just opened their schedules through Aprilish, and yeesh, it's just outrageous around Easter. Like $780 OW for our destination. Ridiculous.
Thanks for the heads up. We want to travel the day before Easter to WDW to maybe the Thursday/ Friday after. The prices aren’t too crazy considering. I’m debating on if I should book or wait for Aveolo to open. I have really been disliking the boarding process for SW. I pay for the EBCI and still get in the B’s. Coming from Orlando that means all of the A’s go and the the whole plane fills with families with kids before B is called. Thankfully we had a 6 year old this time and could board, but I really don’t like that. I would rather just precook my seat.

We are actually holding a small conference at Portofino Bay in late January. We got a nightly rate of $289 or so. Of course no one is going to use the Express Pass benefits--at least during the conference.

And I usually use mine at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta when I visit my daughter but I have a really old dog (my daughter is staying home to dog sit this week) so I probably won't get there this fall:(

He’s headed off to college and so maybe you just splurge? Given it’s where he wants to go and the Express Pass and food credit, plus guaranteed late checkout, you’ll be getting like 2 days with one paid night. We splurged for 3 nights this fall.

I understand there’s like zero learning curve with the Express Passes, so when comparing to Disney, seems pretty straight forward.

Good luck, this must be such an exciting time. Hope you have a nice visit with your parents too!

Thanks for the heads up. We want to travel the day before Easter to WDW to maybe the Thursday/ Friday after. The prices aren’t too crazy considering. I’m debating on if I should book or wait for Aveolo to open. I have really been disliking the boarding process for SW. I pay for the EBCI and still get in the B’s. Coming from Orlando that means all of the A’s go and the the whole plane fills with families with kids before B is called. Thankfully we had a 6 year old this time and could board, but I really don’t like that. I would rather just precook my seat.
Do you pay for EBCI right away or wait? I ask because your boarding position is determined by the date you purchased EBCI, including any times you reprice if the price changes.

But I feel you, Orlando can be tough with the family boarding. Not sure how many in your party, but perhaps getting one seat with the upgraded boarding would be cheaper than EBCI for all and that person could secure a seat or two for the rest (don’t flog me y’all).

Do you pay for EBCI right away or wait? I ask because your boarding position is determined by the date you purchased EBCI, including any times you reprice if the price changes.

But I feel you, Orlando can be tough with the family boarding. Not sure how many in your party, but perhaps getting one seat with the upgraded boarding would be cheaper than EBCI for all and that person could secure a seat or two for the rest (don’t flog me y’all).

😡I never realized that it resets when there are price changes. I always check for price drops and change when they do. I almost always book when flights open and get EBCI when booking. Guess I need to stop checking for better prices.

Your statement is a little confusing. Is that new? I always read that if you just modify for price changes and keep the same confirmation number that your EB position stays the same. I rarely buy EB so have not experienced myself.

For a Hyatt Place if I book on points can I do digital check in and let an 18 yo stay (I would not actually be there). Do HP have digital keys?

So I see TSwift is adding US/Canada dates for 2024. We didn't attempt last time, but have decided to this time, my DS and fiance really want to go. We've all just registered for the chance next week, but I seem to recall Capital One having a presale of some sort last go 'round? Does anyone know how that worked? No clue if they'll have another, but I'm presuming since they are a big sponsor.

*EDIT: I originally wrote my "DH and fiance" 🤣 🤣 🤣
Dh, ds, dd, myself and dd's boyfriend are all registered. One of us better get tickets!! She's doing 6 shows here -- the most by any performer at the Rogers Centre and every single one will sell out. Thank goodness we live close to the arena -- we won't have to worry about parking or a hotel stay, both of which I'm sure will be very costly for her show dates.

For a Hyatt Place if I book on points can I do digital check in and let an 18 yo stay (I would not actually be there). Do HP have digital keys?

Depends on the Hyatt Place - I have stayed at quite a few lately and maybe just over half had digital keys - but even some of those required me to go to the desk before my digital key would activate. You would be taking a risk and if for some reason it didn't work - many hotels have a minimum 21yo policy for checkin.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest