Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I just rented patio seating at the Courtyard pool for our stay in July but really wanted the ones by the splash pad like you mentioned. The CM said that there was no option for those that they could see and they checked the calendar for weeks after my stay as well. Is there a trick to getting the patio at the Beach pool that me or the CM aren't privy to?
When I was there two weeks ago, we spent time at the splash area with the kids (they loved it) and there was no reserved seating. They must have removed it. The couch was still there but anyone could use it. It was not difficult to get seats there but the beach and courtyard pools were very busy.

awesome, thanks! I missed that :) I’ll still keep an eye out and take any pictures if things pop up. Let me know if there’s anything in particular that would be helpful.
Could you do me a big favor and please take a picture of the Activity Calendar, if you have time! Thanks!

*Disregard! I got it! Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
When I was there two weeks ago, we spent time at the splash area with the kids (they loved it) and there was no reserved seating. They must have removed it. The couch was still there but anyone could use it. It was not difficult to get seats there but the beach and courtyard pools were very busy.
Interesting. Thanks for that info. So I called today and asked if I could be transferred to the GF front desk to ask them specifically. They put me on hold to find out themselves (I knew they wouldn't patch me through) and they came back and said yes there still is a Beach pool patio rental available. I mean...I have no idea at this point who knows what but I'm inclined to take your word for it lol.

Also I know you say chairs are easy to come by but what about shade. I personally could go all day in the sun but my wife needs shade or else she'll go from white to red like a Ferrari going 0-60 in a couple of seconds! If we were going to make a whole pool day of it would you then recommend the patio seating?

Interesting. Thanks for that info. So I called today and asked if I could be transferred to the GF front desk to ask them specifically. They put me on hold to find out themselves (I knew they wouldn't patch me through) and they came back and said yes there still is a Beach pool patio rental available. I mean...I have no idea at this point who knows what but I'm inclined to take your word for it lol.

Also I know you say chairs are easy to come by but what about shade. I personally could go all day in the sun but my wife needs shade or else she'll go from white to red like a Ferrari going 0-60 in a couple of seconds! If we were going to make a whole pool day of it would you then recommend the patio seating?
The Beach Pool does have Cabanas, but the separate fenced in kids splash area does not. The splash area used to have patio seating that you could reserve, but it seems that is no longer the case. Perhaps it is seasonal? I could still see the couch there, but it was out in the open and anyone could use it. I did not see patio seating at the beach pool but I may have missed it.

There are lots of umbrellas at both places so shade is available, plus there are tables with umbrellas.

You can see the couch in the background to the right of the yellow slide.

GF Splash Area.jpg

The Beach Pool does have Cabanas, but the separate fenced in kids splash area does not. The splash area used to have patio seating that you could reserve, but it seems that is no longer the case. Perhaps it is seasonal? I could still see the couch there, but it was out in the open and anyone could use it. I did not see patio seating at the beach pool but I may have missed it.

There are lots of umbrellas at both places so shade is available, plus there are tables with umbrellas.

You can see the couch in the background to the right of the yellow slide.

View attachment 857046
Yeah I can see it back there. And I keep wondering if the CM is mixing up Patio seating with Cabana rentals. I booked the Patio at the courtyard pool a few days into our stay. What I may do is scope out the situation the couple of days before and if it seems like there's no need then I'll cancel. Will have a better feel for the weather at that point anyway.

So, I did hear, over a month or so ago, the patio set by the Splash Pad, was being removed from rental. However, when I was there for vacation over Easter, I made it a point to check it out, but at that time, the sign was still out and the couch and area was available to rent. Definitely possible it was removed after the busy holiday. I actually took a picture as I walked past it on 4/1. You can see the sign still out on the small table, usually indicating it could still be reserved.

IMG_2214.jpeg

I did not see patio seating at the beach pool but I may have missed it.
There are only cabanas by the Beach Pool itself. I think the Patios by the Splash Pad are considered by the Beach Pool area, since the Splash Pad is technically right next to it. You can see pictures of the rentals on Page 1 HERE.

*Help from the Group Needed!!*

If anyone is there, can you please confirm the Patio set has been removed from rental by the Splash Pad? Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
There are only cabanas by the Beach Pool itself. I think the Patios by the Splash Pad are considered by the Beach Pool area, since the Splash Pad is technically right next to it. You can see pictures of the rentals on Page 1 HERE.

*Help from the Group Needed!!*

If anyone is there, can you please confirm the Patio set has been removed from rental by the Splash Pad? Thanks in advance!!!
Yes confirmation would be great because again I have a small one that would love the splash pad area and that's ideally where we wanted to rent the patio seating. The CM I made the reservation with for the Courtyard pool said the system wasn't even seeing the ability to rent at the Beach pool anymore. But then spoke to another that said yes there is the ability to book at Beach pool but I know they hadn't actually looked at any dates so it's possible it was old news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter