I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on an Amex offer, I have $15 off $75 at Park 'n Fly that expires 9/5. We are traveling 9/11-9/20, if I prepay the parking fees before 9/5 I'd still get the credit right?
I would think so. Yes.

My three kids were conditionally approved for Global Entry in about 9 hours. It took me 3 months.

Now to find an interview... there appear to be zero anywhere outside of Fairbanks.

My Son's Girlfriend just signed up for Global Entry as well (from one of my CC's of course) We are all taking a European Cruise next May and she also goes on other vacations with us, so nice to have Pre-Check. She too was conditionally approved within a day.

Our MSP Airport has no interviews available at all... so her and DS are taking a road trip in a few weeks to a location about 4 hours away.

Our MSP Airport has no interviews available at all... so her and DS are taking a road trip in a few weeks to a location about 4 hours away.
Do you know if there are any Enrollment on Arrival locations at Canadian land border crossings, or does that option have to be a flight?

Do you know if there are any Enrollment on Arrival locations at Canadian land border crossings, or does that option have to be a flight?
Not sure on that. They are going to the location at International Falls. But looking at it - I would think you could just make an appointment. They had a lot available.

My Son's Girlfriend just signed up for Global Entry as well (from one of my CC's of course) We are all taking a European Cruise next May and she also goes on other vacations with us, so nice to have Pre-Check. She too was conditionally approved within a day.

There are no appts available in my state or adjoining. If I wanted GE for a international trip in June 2023, do people think there's a chance an appt would open up before then?

There are no appts available in my state or adjoining. If I wanted GE for a international trip in June 2023, do people think there's a chance an appt would open up before then?
They open up but they get snatched almost immediately. It's mostly a matter of luck and diligence. If you already have a trip on the books, I would just plan on doing the Enrollment on Arrival option.

I purchase right away when I book my trip. Usually there is a timeframe on booking insurance to that covers "pre-existing" conditions. Like 10-15 days from initial trip payment. So, I just have always bought it at the same time.
I need to buy insurance for our Japan trip, but I need something that will be flexible in case Japan isn't open by June 2023.

I need to buy insurance for our Japan trip, but I need something that will be flexible in case Japan isn't open by June 2023.
As long as you have nothing you need to worry about for Pre-Existing conditions - then I would just wait until you know for sure.

Several locations release new appointments on the first of the month. Example: I'm looking for an appointment at O'hare for November (we have a long layover), on 7/1 they released October appointments. I have a reminder on my calendar for 8/1 to book our November appointment.

ppl cancel too. i got mine within a week of conditional approval when most open appointments were 3 months out.
there is a script u can run that constantly checks. you would need to figure out how to do that though, i forgot how.

Not sure if this still works but make a trip out to a city with open appointments... i booked an appointment for my mom next day in fairbanks alaska... :P

so would this give you back points or cash? if you find one that gives you your points back out of the program can you tag or dm to let me know.. then ill actually book japan its been my trip to book now since the shutdown.

My 200k missing Avios fun continues. I was on hold for 3.5 hours late Friday (when it was like 3-4am in Ireland) only to get someone who told me I had to send an email. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THE EMAIL ON YOUR WEBSITE? The auto-reply email I got said I'll hear back within 20 DAY! NOOOOOOO! Then I called BA on Saturday and got through in under 30 mins to be told to email, a different email. Today I called the Avios.com number and got someone who says within 72 hours I should have my BA avios back in my BA account and then told me to call them to transfer them. So fingers crossed! And I keep stalking my accounts to see if they post.

My husband was sleeping at a nice Hilton in Phoenix on Tuesday night when he woke up because a 2" bug was crawling on his face. :scared1:

He took a photo of it, chased it into the bathroom and then killed it. Then packed his bags and went to the front desk and asked for a new room. They gave him a new room and when he got there the door was already open. He knocked and took a look around; since he didn't find anyone inside he went in and tried to sleep.

The next morning he went to the front desk and asked for a comp night for his trouble. They said no, but offered him a free breakfast. He already had a free breakfast. How about a free drink (which he probably needed at that point) but he said no, he would be checking out and didn't want a drink. So he asked for points. They said they could give him points. So far only his normal points for staying have showed up in his HH account.

So what do you think crawling bugs and unsecured doors are worth points-wise? :scratchin
What hilton was it? Hampton has a 100% satisfaction promise! My friend works for Hilton and let me know then when I stayed at a Hampton where both rooms I was given were dirty, food left, stains on the sheet, etc. I mentioned it at check out and they refunded the stay 100%!

Sorry, I've been totally out of the loop.

It's time for another card for MSR. I would like a hotel card for the status and SUB. What's the best SUB deal available currently on a hotel rewards card?

I got emails for Hyatt - 60K SUB ($95) and Hilton Surpass - 130K ($95). Any of those good? Any other good ones available elsewhere?

TIA!
I am a HUGE Hilton fan, but that SUB isn't great. So I would wait out. Can you do IHG? They have a nice bonus right now.

Haha! My passport photo looks like the walking dead..... it is literally everything wrong in a photo,right there:rotfl2:
OMG we joke mine is like a mugshot! I did my kids photos and they are 1000000 times better! Even the USPS agent was impressed, LOL. I sent my kid's passports in on 6/21. I've been hoping them might come before our NC trip as I'm trying to get them GE and a TSA precheck number before our trip. They won't let them come through w/ me anymore...well last year they did, but in April they didn't let my 17yo. But we were on separate tickets (non-rev). They did let her just jump over to the non-precheck xray line though and didn't make her go to the end of the long regular line.

I haven't looked at appts for DTW, but in the past they haven't been too bad when everyone else was a year+ wait I could normally get one w/in a week.

My 200k missing Avios fun continues. I was on hold for 3.5 hours late Friday (when it was like 3-4am in Ireland) only to get someone who told me I had to send an email. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THE EMAIL ON YOUR WEBSITE? The auto-reply email I got said I'll hear back within 20 DAY! NOOOOOOO! Then I called BA on Saturday and got through in under 30 mins to be told to email, a different email. Today I called the Avios.com number and got someone who says within 72 hours I should have my BA avios back in my BA account and then told me to call them to transfer them. So fingers crossed! And I keep stalking my accounts to see if they post.
OMG! How do points just disappear? You were trying to send them to another Avíos account right?

Update on my Amex billing dispute. They came back today saying I'm responsible for the charges!!!! I contacted Bonvoy and got the 15 reservation numbers that expedia somehow made without me. I was aware of 14 of them and cancelled them. The other one slipped though. I've been on the phone with AMex for 2.5 hours and counting today.
So frustrating and terrible customer service. Because there is no Amex ID for the extra reservation, they become paralyzed. Their travel site is powered by expedia. But somehow, they take no responsibility.
This will make it very easy for me to cancel! I guess I'll be cashing out my MR points for Home Depot.

Keep checking. We found the 3 we needed by checking online a few times a day. People cancel all the time. The annoying part was that we got our 3 appointments on 3 different days (which meant 3 trips to the airport plus short term parking fees).

Question on an Amex offer, I have $15 off $75 at Park 'n Fly that expires 9/5. We are traveling 9/11-9/20, if I prepay the parking fees before 9/5 I'd still get the credit right?
When we used the Park n Fly offers we were charged the full amount at booking. So as long as you reserve before 9/5 you should be good.
I'd reserve when you see a good price. My location (PHL) changes the prices as they fill up. The closer I've checked to my trip the higher the price. Double check but from my recollection you can cancel with full refund before the reservation if needed.
They also do discounts for AAA members.

Update on my Amex billing dispute. They came back today saying I'm responsible for the charges!!!! I contacted Bonvoy and got the 15 reservation numbers that expedia somehow made without me. I was aware of 14 of them and cancelled them. The other one slipped though. I've been on the phone with AMex for 2.5 hours and counting today.
So frustrating and terrible customer service. Because there is no Amex ID for the extra reservation, they become paralyzed. Their travel site is powered by expedia. But somehow, they take no responsibility.
This will make it very easy for me to cancel! I guess I'll be cashing out my MR points for Home Depot.
I somehow missed the earlier post about this--Expedia made 15(!) reservations and charged them to your AmEx? This sounds like a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter