I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the saga that is my DD's car, I got estimates today. $120 if we want to just do touch up paint. $1k if we want to sand and full paint both doors. My deductible is $100. So either way, I'm spending $100. I want to get another estimate Friday if I can. Everyone says my insurance shouldn't go up since it's vandalism, but who knows.

DD is currently in TX visiting her BFFs. Tonight they are in Arkansas so she can see Harry Styles for the 3rd time. I swear that child! That said, her BFF's dad bought these tickets....I was a tiny bit upset not to put the spend on one of my cards, LOL (I make her pay me back).

Had a scare today, I was missing about $600 in VGC/Serve money. I called amex and they said, oh we see you have a $600 transfer pending. Not sure WHY it doesn't show on my side. And transfers I made after that one were already posted in both my serve and Chase account. Quite a scare!

Waiting on the BF to get a trip assigned to him tomorrow. There are a few in open time that I would try to join him on. The one we both want is LA. So we'll see. I can't wait for Jan 1st to get here so I'm on his flight benefits and can join him more often. Right now I use his passes and he only gets 10 a year, LOL.

Lol. The CSR (2), CSP (4) and CIC (1) were all opened in the last 5 months (4 players) with all MSR completed organically. Man, we spend a lot of $$$. So, no retention offers.

Before this , we usually stuck with cash back reward cards and no AF cards. I still really like my Costco cash back as an executive member and costco citicard member.

I agree it is hard to spend money without a MSR. But I have a problem with trying to complete a MSR as quickly as possible - no manufactured spend, so just spend. :rotfl2: :rolleyes1 Kinda like I'm the type to binge watch Netflix or skip to the ending of the book.

Maybe it will be good for me to detox and not spend towards a MSR for a bit. Although, I bet it will be painful using the CC without a MSR. It's a bit addictive...
OMG, that's me too! My CIC is sitting at $7k right now. Though a lot of that was VGCs! I wanted to knock out the spend with as many VCGs as I could since it's 5x URs.

I hate that. Why do all amexes have the same ending? I can never tell which is which.
OMG, my Surpass and Delta are both the same. I've used the wrong card to book a hotel and a flight. GRRRRR!

I plan to join the masses and try to snag a DGC at Sam's, which CC would be best? Freedom via PPK for quarterly bonus (this would max that for me, assuming it'll work haven't used it lately) or an MSR card (pick a flavor lol BBP, Biz Plat, Plat retention, Surpass $8K FNC bonus x2)

Leaning toward Biz Plat and then that MSR should be done soon.
Kind of annoyed because I might have to
skip the Sam’s deal (and some other Black Friday deals) in an effort to delay all non-essential spending until after 12/7/2021 so I can spend $12,000 on a new SW card to earn a companion pass before our late April trip. That’s a lot of spend, and I’m not sure we can “afford” to spend about $1000 when it’s not going toward my 2022 Rapid Rewards point count.

For those over 5/24… seems like people over are getting approved for Chase cards. Seeing it on Doc and Reddit
Really? That's interesting. I'm gearing up to try for the SW Plus and maybe Disney Premier in preparation for a WDW trip next December. I just requested they close my WoH card to help pave the way (lower the amount of cards and credt extended to me).
I got a Marriott Bonvoy in September that I kind of regret now. Long story, not important, but I'm still under 5/24, so I should be good once I get the WoH closed.

For the military peeps, do the ticket offices on base code as travel? And, if I have my soldier purchase tickets, does the card he uses need to be in his name?

I missed out on the Sams club gift cards. Had no idea they would sell out within minutes.
Debating if I should pick up another $500-$1000 at BJs. I have enough for this trip and our dues. Probably need around $2000 for our trip in April. Can usually get around 10% using chase and Amex offers but those are small amounts. Not sure if I’ll get $2000 worth by April.
Maybe 1 more $500 to help with my CIC MSR?

My $255 Best Buy ordered shipped. Of course, it has one $160 and one for the rest. Will the $25 off offer kick in, will I have to chat and see if they will be nice and adjust it?

My $255 Best Buy ordered shipped. Of course, it has one $160 and one for the rest. Will the $25 off offer kick in, will I have to chat and see if they will be nice and adjust it?
The amex bestbuy offer is cumulative, so you should be fine. I double-checked a few weeks ago when I miscalculated my in-store purchase. I need to spend about $9 to get mine.

The terms say you will be fine -
Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $250 in one or more purchases in-store at Best Buy® or online at bestbuy.com by 12/15/2021.

So it doesn't need to be one charge for it to trigger, just needs to be over $250 total by the expiration date. As long as the charge transaction dates are on or before 12/15 it should credit automatically.

I have to say as just a general suggestion not directed to anyone in particular, that I know we spend a lot of time operating in grey areas, looking for loopholes, and seeking out exceptions to the rules in this game, but most times things work exactly as they say. So my first action is to read the terms of an offer to determine what the issuer intends. Then I see if my plan or circumstances meet those terms. If it doesn't, then I seek out the exceptions, loopholes, unwritten rules, and worry about if it'll work. Many times it's just as simple as it says and we try to make it complex cuz it's just what we're used to. Especially around this time of year when everything gets crazy (or crazier) I spend some time reading (and sometimes rereading) terms of my offers for sanity sake.

soooo..... chase is allowing over 5/24 to app successfully.... anyone here have a thought as to what's going on with my stuff then? I'm at 3/24 (unless there's something going on I don't know about) lowered the CL's to appropriate levels....could it be it's just too many? (I have a lot of chase branded cc) Should I call in to ask a rep what's showing as "too many" in the past 24 months,or is this something else? I never even got a denial letter!

soooo..... chase is allowing over 5/24 to app successfully.... anyone here have a thought as to what's going on with my stuff then? I'm at 3/24 (unless there's something going on I don't know about) lowered the CL's to appropriate levels....could it be it's just too many? (I have a lot of chase branded cc) Should I call in to ask a rep what's showing as "too many" in the past 24 months,or is this something else? I never even got a denial letter!
It certainly doesn’t hurt to recon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter