I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the benefit to online check-in? You still need to go the front desk and check-in in order get your room keys that serve as your EP. They will be specific per party member.
The line is usually shorter and there’s not much to it other than getting you your room keys. I prefer it.

What would be the benefit to online check-in? You still need to go the front desk and check-in in order get your room keys that serve as your EP. They will be specific per party member.

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about the EP! I have so much on my mind I am losing it!

Dh gave me a new IPad for our anniversary last month. I have barely used it vs my old iPad mini. I can’t get used to it. It has the touch button on the side instead of the fingerprint button on the bottom mid screen.
It just took me like 5 minutes to get to the Home Screen bc it swipes different. 😡
And none of my password are here so I can’t log onto things easy.
My old iPad is going to DD4. Don’t think DH will be happy if she ends up using this one😬

Why not talk with a rep? Worst case they say no but you're already thinking denial. I hate talking with people but I did call on an app once. It was a pain, they were counting my AU status against me and absolutely wouldn't budge. So at least I knew the issue and not to app again before something dropped off.
Maybe it's something easy like identity verification.
Ok- so I triple checked CK website,and my own records....I'm at 3/24. WHat's the best thing to do now, call back to ask why it's showing denied for too many cc within 2 years? my last app was back in July.....I'm confused now.

Now that I’m getting further into the AMEX world I’m wondering if you guys keep all your cards under 1 login, or do you separate them out? Is there any benefit to having each card with its own login? Upgrades? Offers? Obviously it’s easier to just have 1 login for all my accounts, but I’m wondering if I’m missing anything by keeping them together. Thanks

I have two online accounts, a biz and personal. Just personal preference really. The only rumor I recall was for upgrade offers. If you already have the card in the upgrade path, the thinking was you were less likely to be targeted for an upgrade. Like you have the Hilton Surpass and an Aspire in the same account When offering Surpass users and upgrade bonus to Aspire, you might get passed over because you already have an Aspire. As a way to increase the odds a suggestion was to not have them in the same online account. Not sure if it was proved either way, but there was a logic to it at least.

Otherwise it's all down to convenience and personal preferences.

I need to lower credit limits on my Chase cards prior to applying for my SW cards. Recommendations for how low to go? I think I recall reading the CSP and CSR need to stay at $10K but I could be wrong. I'm mostly looking to reduce the original CF by half from $21K to $10K. I also have a Disney at $21K but have somewhat purposefully kept that one large because I am toying with a DVC direct purchase one day and I know I can use my card for it. Unless it doesn't need to be that high for that purpose.

Thoughts?

As usual I have expenses coming up and no MSR. However, DH is starting to get antsy about so many cards. He does not want to apply for any more until we get rid of some current ones and use up some of our points.

I have the same problem. DH feels like it's too many cards to manage right now. Do you have any high AF cards coming up for renewal? If so, you can call and try to get a retention offer on one of them and that can be like a mini-MSR? That's what worked for me. Also, do you have any cards that are offering something for a big spend, like Hilton's 8k spend for one FNC? That can also help to get you something while you wait until you're comfortable opening up a new card.

I need to lower credit limits on my Chase cards prior to applying for my SW cards. Recommendations for how low to go? I think I recall reading the CSP and CSR need to stay at $10K but I could be wrong. I'm mostly looking to reduce the original CF by half from $21K to $10K. I also have a Disney at $21K but have somewhat purposefully kept that one large because I am toying with a DVC direct purchase one day and I know I can use my card for it. Unless it doesn't need to be that high for that purpose.

Thoughts?
It is generally recommended to keep your total available Chase credit below 50% of your stated income. With that said, I lowered mine to approximately 20% and had no problem with instant approval. CSP & CSR need to stay at $10k. You can definitely lower your CF to 10k, which would leave you in a position to upgrade it to a Sapphire if needed in the future. My co-branded cards I keep between $2k-$5k, but that’s just personal preference.

It is generally recommended to keep your total available Chase credit below 50% of your stated income. With that said, I lowered mine to approximately 20% and had no problem with instant approval. CSP & CSR need to stay at $10k. You can definitely lower your CF to 10k, which would leave you in a position to upgrade it to a Sapphire if needed in the future. My co-branded cards I keep between $2k-$5k, but that’s just personal preference.
Why does the CSP have to stay at 10k, minimum CL on that is 5k.

Thoughts?
The CSR CL can be lower than than $10k, it just needs $10k to be approved or PC‘d
The CSP needs a $5k CL to be approved or PC’d but the limit can be lower also
Recommended total Chase CL business and personal cards is less than 50% of income or around $75k

Last edited:
I plan to join the masses and try to snag a DGC at Sam's, which CC would be best? Freedom via PPK for quarterly bonus (this would max that for me, assuming it'll work haven't used it lately) or an MSR card (pick a flavor lol BBP, Biz Plat, Plat retention, Surpass $8K FNC bonus x2)

Leaning toward Biz Plat and then that MSR should be done soon.

Wish Amazon would let you nickname cards. Thought I had my plat set as default for the 5mr offer on it now but nope, was my aspire. Got 3 pts but not what I wanted. It's been fixed now. At least my renewal went to my plat, but I thought when I switched that it was switching it for everything. Oh well, at least it was under 50 bucks.

Wish Amazon would let you nickname cards. Thought I had my plat set as default for the 5mr offer on it now but nope, was my aspire. Got 3 pts but not what I wanted. It's been fixed now. At least my renewal went to my plat, but I thought when I switched that it was switching it for everything. Oh well, at least it was under 50 bucks.
I wish this with Apple Pay as well. Was going to pay with my phone and I couldn’t remember which CSP was P2’s (to meet MSR) and pulled out my wallet just to figure out which, thus completely defeating the point of using Apple Pay. I always mix up the Freedom Unlimited cards as well, with her card having 5X on grocery and mine not.

Me too!!!! Especially the Amex, I have more than one with the same last few numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter