I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed out on the Sams club gift cards. Had no idea they would sell out within minutes.
Debating if I should pick up another $500-$1000 at BJs. I have enough for this trip and our dues. Probably need around $2000 for our trip in April. Can usually get around 10% using chase and Amex offers but those are small amounts. Not sure if I’ll get $2000 worth by April.
Maybe 1 more $500 to help with my CIC MSR?
I missed out too, went on an hour after, and they were gone. that was very annoying.
I need $1800 for DVC dues. Does BJS have a decent discount, can you buy with the one day membership?

For the military peeps, do the ticket offices on base code as travel? And, if I have my soldier purchase tickets, does the card he uses need to be in his name?
They usually code as entertainment. And we usually buy them at Shades of Green and yes the card has to match the service member’s name.

I missed out too, went on an hour after, and they were gone. that was very annoying.
I need $1800 for DVC dues. Does BJS have a decent discount, can you buy with the one day membership?
BJ's is 6% off. I'm not sure about a one day membership but you can get an annual online membership for $10. If you have a card that will allow you to create a virtual card number I would use that and set an expiration so it can't continue to be used. I've never been able to change my card number and I've tried to cancel with BJ's multiple times and I still get charged.

BJ's is 6% off. I'm not sure about a one day membership but you can get an annual online membership for $10. If you have a card that will allow you to create a virtual card number I would use that and set an expiration so it can't continue to be used. I've never been able to change my card number and I've tried to cancel with BJ's multiple times and I still get charged.
Thanks! 6 is better than Sams.

They usually code as entertainment. And we usually buy them at Shades of Green and yes the card has to match the service member’s name.
Tks! I'll have him use his AU card on my NFCU then and we get what we get points wise. That'll be easiest.

I'm assuming the USO Military Freedom pass works like Disney military tickets. The person purchasing must be eligible and present at activation, but he can buy them for us since we'll be with him. That's my plan at least.

Ok- so I triple checked CK website,and my own records....I'm at 3/24. WHat's the best thing to do now, call back to ask why it's showing denied for too many cc within 2 years? my last app was back in July.....I'm confused now.
Did you get a letter or message saying you were denied for too many cards? Otherwise you have no idea and it could be anything. Something you could fix with a conversation...or not. If you haven't gotten a denial letter, no way to know without calling.

I’m 3 nights from platinum status with Bonvoy. Is it worth going for? We stay at the Gaylord Opryland a couple times a year. Anyone familiar with suite/lounge availability there?

I’m 3 nights from platinum status with Bonvoy. Is it worth going for? We stay at the Gaylord Opryland a couple times a year. Anyone familiar with suite/lounge availability there?
There are very little perks at Gaylord with status. Or at least, that is my experience in Orlando. There is no breakfast credit and we didn’t an upgrade despite being platinum.

Flyertalk has a megathread on it if u want to check it out. It says the biggest perk for status holder is the check in line. regular lines could be long for regular guest. saw another post say they got a 4pm checkout so that could be helpful.

i think getting platinum is the minimum to have since its the start of status to get breakfast at some properties. Your likelihood of room upgrade is pretty rare for marriott, at least that was ive heard.

There are very little perks at Gaylord with status. Or at least, that is my experience in Orlando. There is no breakfast credit and we didn’t an upgrade despite being platinum.
Flyertalk has a megathread on it if u want to check it out. It says the biggest perk for status holder is the check in line. regular lines could be long for regular guest. saw another post say they got a 4pm checkout so that could be helpful.

i think getting platinum is the minimum to have since its the start of status to get breakfast at some properties. Your likelihood of room upgrade is pretty rare for marriott, at least that was ive heard.
Thanks for the feedback, that helps. I probably won’t mess with it. :thanks:

Did you get a letter or message saying you were denied for too many cards? Otherwise you have no idea and it could be anything. Something you could fix with a conversation...or not. If you haven't gotten a denial letter, no way to know without calling.
sorry I was unclear...I called in- the rep told me denied for 'too many new cards within 2 years'- I never got a letter in any form at all regarding the app. I am still 3/24 in my own calculations,so now I'm left wondering what is going on here....
ETA (sigh) so going over accounts with a fine tooth comb- I see I'm 4/24 with an amex here.... the only way I'm over that is if they're counting a biz AU from P2 against my account? Othwerwise I don't know there's anything left for me to do,I dont want a recon call here.

Last edited:
I have been putting Walmart+ to good use this week! I never even considered it until the Amex rep mentioned it while I was trying to get a retention offer on my Plat.
I figured why not and signed up. We are leaving for FL in a few days and it has been so nice to just think of something I need and order it. I got Sharpies, snack packs of goldfish, socks and some other stuff.
So happy not to have to go out today.

I have been putting Walmart+ to good use this week! I never even considered it until the Amex rep mentioned it while I was trying to get a retention offer on my Plat.
I figured why not and signed up. We are leaving for FL in a few days and it has been so nice to just think of something I need and order it. I got Sharpies, snack packs of goldfish, socks and some other stuff.
So happy not to have to go out today.
I just love that they will ship me beverages and often end up delivering them from a local store for free. I do wish they wouldn't charge you for grocery pick up < $35. They'll ship me an 8 pack of gatorade for free but they want to charge me if I only have $20 of fresh groceries to pick up???

And my extra xbox is arriving tomorrow. I'm thinking of selling it on swappa which I've had really good luck with in the past.

Looks like I got approved for the SW card on October 22, and my sons closing date was October 24, a Sunday. I have access to his RR account as I set it up for him when he was a kid so I get all his SW emails. He’s 24 now. He didn’t understand the value of RR points until I explained how they worked, as I usually book his SW tickets. Now he’s got 101,000 RR points earned since February, plus an additional 15,000 points given to him by SW this year, so he only needs 9000 points towards a CP! I’m being careful about using my SW card here. Charging most things on my United Quest since most of my tickets are booked thru United for Europe and I anticipate at least yearly trips here for the next few years. DD is stationed here in the Air Force. DS and DH will be joining me before Christmas to spend time with our DD, DSIL, and soon to be born GS.
I did send a message to Chase through the App to ask when my closing date was and to ask about changing it.
Just an update. My DS’s 20,00 points for my SW signup on Oct 22 posted today which gives him a CP! His statement posted today! This wasn’t expected but a nice surprise!

Chase has been sending me lots of discount offers for Disney recently. I've successfully stacked gift card only purchases with Rakuten over the past few months. Rakuten is 15% back on Disney today. YMMV because some people have reported that Rakuten did not work on gift card only purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!