I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we flew to Dubai we flew Emirates. Back then we used Alaska as a transfer partner. Now you can transfer Chase UR or MR 1:1. We positioned to get the shower experience. Qatar via Chase UR-BA-Qatar is a great option as well. In either case you will want to do some practice bookings and look at routes outside of your home airport to get good availability. Taxes directly with Emirates were reported to be high (think BA high) but I think I read somewhere that they had been reduced to something more reasonable.

I found JFK to DXB for 136K First (using UR points, taxes seem reasonable) and AUH to ORD for 85K Business (using Aeroplan transferring MR points). Are these good redemptions?

Finally scored the PS5 today via Direct invite from Sony for DS for one XMas later. Now to book our Christmas cruise. We decided to go for it- the Explorer of the Seas. I am still debating whether to do a suite for $3300. That seems ridiculously low.

And I think Puggles is trying to kill me now that he is back to himself. His Yorkie friends came calling for him so I let him out he took off like a bullet! We are both exhausted now.

I am trying to get the PS5 for DH and DS. I just signed up yesterday for GameStop pro to try to get one from their drop yesterday. Of course, they dropped at 11 and I had back to back patients.

How do I sign up for PlayStation emails? Is it another paid thing ?

I would like to purchase a Go pro for our upcoming trips. We leave the week after Thanksgiving.
Amex has an offer for $40 for 2 more days.
Should I buy it now or is a Go pro something I might see a good deal on like Black Friday?

hmmm...after all I “won” during SW’s big 50th promo, I’m not overly optimistic!

I won a bunch of points in the beginning of that contest, but none of them seemed to post. I am ok with it though, because for whatever reason, I saw other points posted that I have no idea how I earned them.

Also, happiness is logging in to pay your water bill, and seeing that they’ve changed their payment platform and no longer charge a fee for credit card payments. Now if only the electric company would do the same.

I found JFK to DXB for 136K First (using UR points, taxes seem reasonable) and AUH to ORD for 85K Business (using Aeroplan transferring MR points). Are these good redemptions?

If these are both RT flights then yes. If they are two one ways then no. Also be sure to check out the plane and seat map with Emirates. Not all of their planes have the shower if you want that experience. Not all have the new first class suites. I am linking 4 blog posts below that also provide some good information. If I didn't have a ton of points alrady in my Emirates account from a canceled trip in late 2020, I'd be using these blog posts as a refresher and to give me some ideas and options on my flights.

Clicky here

Clicky here

Clicky here

Clicky here

Hope this helps :flower3:

My first statement for the citi premier posted and I'm only seeing .8cpp statement credit option and not the 1cpp that several sites report the premier has. I know there was a glitch with some of the other cards temporarily getting 1cpp a while back, but everything I've read says that the premier is supposed to be 1cpp. Can anyone with this card confirm whether they see the 1cpp statement credit option?
I believe the 1 cent is for travel purchases only.
I was doing it wrong. It turns out you have to do it through the thankyou portal and not by choosing pay with points for a statement credit on the citi page. On the thankyou portal it shows the 1cpp value.

I am trying to get the PS5 for DH and DS. I just signed up yesterday for GameStop pro to try to get one from their drop yesterday. Of course, they dropped at 11 and I had back to back patients.

How do I sign up for PlayStation emails? Is it another paid thing ?
This is the directions I followed:
To get those orders, all you need to do is is create or log into your Sony Direct account. Once you are signed in, head over to your account page by clicking ‘My Profile. After that, click on the edit button on your profile page, and you’ll get a redirect to the new account settings page. From there, press the notifications tab on the left-hand side of the screen and opt-in to receive news and special offers from Sony.

Our news and special offers was off and once I changed that setting, it took a couple of months to get an invite from Sony. Apparently, they look at your spend and amount of play time to determine the invites.

Dell has (they did have) the controllers so I already ordered an extra using my Biz Plat credits.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I won a bunch of points in the beginning of that contest, but none of them seemed to post. I am ok with it though, because for whatever reason, I saw other points posted that I have no idea how I earned them.

Also, happiness is logging in to pay your water bill, and seeing that they’ve changed their payment platform and no longer charge a fee for credit card payments. Now if only the electric company would do the same.
I need to hurry and get another MSR - I’m worried my electric company is only waiving the credit card fee because of Covid and will bring it back, so I want to pay a big chunk in advance!

Well I finally pulled the trigger and booked my bday trip. Now i just have to hope I get on a flight, LOL. Since Marriott will likely extend my 4 FNC, I decided to use my Hilton FNC for my bday. I'm only $500 away from earning mine this year, so who knows maybe I'll get it before my trip. I'm staying at the Diplomat in Hollywood Beach. We have a rental car, but likely will cancel it. That resort seemed doable w/ Ubers only. I hate that every "beach" property has $40/nt parking charges. And most looked like no other parking was nearby. GRRRRR! Plus w/ no Zaxbys close, I guess I don't need a car, LOL.

Now to start planning the trip w/ the BF in Feb. I think he wants to do an all inclusive. Any suggestions?

You can do a points advance booking and hold the space, but it won't hold the points level. So there is the risk that it goes up over the FNC limit.
So even if I don't have the points? And then can I swap them for FNC once they are extended?

What am I missing with Zaxby's? I had an okay salad, but then the only thing gluten free I see is salad, fries and some wings (I don't do wings).

Besides Zaxby's we have Raising Cane's here which I hear is really good. And, of course, In-n-Out.

I went to Virginia last week to visit my daughter and she made sure we stopped at California Tortilla before we left. That used to be our favorite place to go in Maryland for a quick dinner on practice nights. I wish they'd expand here, we did visit once in Orlando a few years ago before it closed.
My Chicken Scale - Zaxbys, Bojangles, Raising Cane's and then CFA (for the grilled nuggets and mac and cheese) oh and popeyes (strictly for the biscuits, popeyes biscuits trump bojangles). For me it's the fries w/ seasoning (the chips were amazing), the tenders and the texas toast. Raising Cane's I always get crappy fries. And their texas toast isn't as good either. And this will lose me any clout, but I don't do the sauces, LOL.

I'm missing it too. So underwhelming. And I don't think I'm alone--there's a reason there's never a line at the drive thru while Chick Fil A's wraps around the building three times.
I think it's because "everybody" up north where we maybe have 1 CFA has heard how amazing it is, and never get it, so they HAVE to do CFA when they see it. I mean I know that used to be me. I wouldn't have never tried Zaxbys, or Raising Cane's. I can thank the NC ex for Zaxbys and the current BF for Canes, LOL. I'm slowly converting any friends I have when they travel south, LOL. Zaxbys needs to hire me, LOL.

I had it once in TN, to try something new. Not impressed either. Now Raising Canes, YUM-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could live on that Texas Toast!
Canes texas toast is NOTHING compared to Zaxbys! Plus the fries are so bland, and often soggy.

Hey, Zaxby's serves Texas Toast with their meals too! I do not order sandwiches at Zaxby's. Their chicken fingers are really where it's at... with Zax sauce. YUMMM
The chicken fingers and fries and toast! Zax Snack!

And I don't understand that. I'd pick zaxbys every time. Not impressed with chick fill a and so often it was greasy. Also not a fan of waffle fries.
I'm with you, my CFA order is grilled nuggets and mac and cheese now.

Caniac with extra fries instead of slaw. And I haven't been to one in almost five years. Not since I moved out of MN, now everytime I go where this one there is something else I'd rather have. Never tried Zaxby's, are they in FL?
There are Zaxbys in FL....just not the FLL area. WAAAAH!

I feel like there's nothing special about Cane's but my husband loves it. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, we don't have any around us :rotfl:
The chicken is okay. But the fries are crap, and the texas toast isn't as good as Zaxbys. That said, I'll get it if there is one.

Culver’s has the best fast food in general! That custard!!
Funny my BFs brother is opening a culvers. Apparently it's one of the best franchises to open.

And, I'm not impressed with Zaxbys and I've had it several times. Never had Cane's or Culver's or In and Out.

We have CFA all over and they are always busy. I get the grilled chicken club but I dislike the bun. Maybe once a month or so. Same with 5 Guys. Small cheeseburger and I ditch half the bun and only eat half the burger so I can eat a few fries.

But, I'm going to seek out Culver's on my next trip South. None in Maryland or close by in Virginia. I'd love to have some stuff like a shake but that will be a pass. But the menu is extensive and looks like everyone will get something they like.

Has there been talk about Marriot extending certificates again? That would be great if they did. I have two that I was thinking would be forfeited.

I've never had mine extended. So when I got a human yesterday she told me they can likely do a 1 time extension for me closer to the exp date. No word on if they are extending everyone again.

Back from a quick trip to the Keys to use up the Amex Plat hotel credits. I had the $200 for Plat for this year and the $200 annual they just started.

Stayed at Amara Cay in Islamorada. We are Key West people and had never stayed in the middle Keys but we really liked it. The property is not huge but has beautiful grounds with a beach bar that serves food, a lawn game area with ping pong, corn hole, jenga, fire pits with nice chairs, and a nice size pool with lots of chairs. It's on the ocean side with no real beach but they have a sandy area on the sea wall with beach chairs, hammocks, and a couple of chickee huts plus stairs to get into the water.

Resort has a $35/night resort fee that includes bikes and kayaks. The hotel must have been a Hampton Inn or so that was remodeled. Hallways need some maintenance. Rooms all have balconies but are in desperate need of new beds and new sofas.

The food and drinks at the hotel were reasonably priced and standard keys fare. We ate one night at Morada Bay down the street and recommend it as one of the most beautiful outdoor restaurants we've been to. It's our go to for out of town guests but being there at sunset and nightfall is truly magical.

I think next year I'm bringing the kids as the grounds are perfect for families.

We booked through amextravel. We did not receive an upgrade (forgot to ask) although there seemed to be available rooms. The $100 stay credit covered the resort fee and drinks at the bar.

I can't remember the last time we stayed at a resort to just enjoy and lie around - maybe never - so this was such a nice treat made so cheap through amex. After the crazy year we've had, it totally made paying this year's annual fee worth it.

Chase has targeted spending offers for IHG, SW, and Hyatt cards. Saw it on DoC. I got nothing on my SW Priority, but DH got it on his Hyatt - bonus $1000/mo up to $1000/mo spend for Oct, Nov, and Dec.

Last edited:
Chase has targeted spending offers for IHG, SW, and Hyatt cards. Saw it on DoC. I got nothing on my SW Priority, but DH got bonus $1000/mo up to $1000/mo spend for Oct, Nov, and Dec.

I got 2k for $2k on my IHG Premier and 1k for $1k on the IHG Traveler. Maybe I'll throw them in the mix. I was thinking of doing a CIC since I've met my MSR on the IHG.

Canes texas toast is NOTHING compared to Zaxbys! Plus the fries are so bland, and often soggy.
I don't eat the fries, so don't care LOL. But I love the toast, and we don't have any other place that has toast up here.

On the Culvers topic, I have 2 within 5 minutes of my house, one north and one south. And 4 more within 10 miles in various directions. So if we are really jonesing for custard, we can pick the best flavor of the day.

DH has a citibank merchant offer for $50 off when you spend $200 at Best Buy. Terms are as follows:
Terms Of Use

Not valid on Best Buy Gift Card purchases. Offer not valid at outlet locations. Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services purchased outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Direct, Best Buy Secondary Markets, Best Buy Private Store & Auction, and Pacific Sales Kitchen & Home locations outside of Best Buy stores. Offer is non-transferable.

So, does that mean on valid on just Best Buy gift cards, or not good on any gift cards?

Anyone know / have an opinion? Would love to buy a gift card with this.

Chase Freedom Unlimited
Save some time in your busy life with your contactless Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card!​
Tap to Pay three times from Sept. 1, 2021 through Nov. 30, 2021, and receive 1,000 bonus points when each purchase is $3.35 or more.* No enrollment is necessary. You can tap to Pay at Target, Walgreens, McDonalds, grocery stores, and thousands of small businesses nationwide!​

The suite upgrade is good for up to 7 nights of your stay. I actually changed my Hawaii dates because there were no suites available to apply an upgrade.
Calypso, or to any other Hyatt pros:

Is the suite upgrade good for any available suite on the website? I would do a dummy points booking to check, but I don't have enough points for me to even try unless I cancel my other Hawaii booking. I see 2BD suites available for cash, but only 1KG or 2QN bedrooms available on points (specifically at the Grand Hyatt Kauai). DH just got Globalist this year and we haven't tried a suite upgrade anywhere since there were no suites available for the trips I was planning at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter