I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@calypso726 @iujen94 or other Hyatt gurus - am I thinking through this correctly?

I currently have 34 qualifying nights and I'm aiming for 50 to earn the 2 suite upgrades which I'd like to apply toward our Hawaii Sept 2022 trip. One suite upgrade can be applied toward the full length of stay, correct?

As a WOH card holder I can earn 2 nights for each $5000 in spend and I'll earn 5 nights in December when I reach my anniversary date. They do credit toward my qualifying nights, correct? Or do I need to actually go stay all 16 nights that are left.

If those credit toward my nights, then I should be able to earn 6 by the end of the year on spend and 5 for the anniversary, with one upcoming stay next week. That leaves me 4 nights left to reach 50.

I'm just wondering if I should just do another mattress run to get all of these remaining nights to get the upgrade or if I'll be alright waiting to complete this earn in December. I don't know how quickly suites will sell out for next fall. Grrrr....😩😤 I should've just done my mattress run earlier this year to 50 when it was double night credits instead of going to just 30 for Globalist. Sigh...

The suite upgrade is good for up to 7 nights of your stay. I actually changed my Hawaii dates because there were no suites available to apply an upgrade.

Last edited:
Paging @calypso726! She is one of the first class experts. I have never flown first class (not for lack of trying -- thanks to the state of affairs in 2020 and spring, 2021), but I know that Emirates is one of the airlines that is common for us folk to get seats on. I have seats booked on Qatar in the QSuites (with URs transferred to BA), which I consider comparable to first class. If our trip in April 2022 takes place....sigh.
When is your trip? Your best shot at QSuites is as soon as Qatar releases their award seats on BA, which is just after BA releases their inventory, so around the 340 day mark (you have to practice bookings for a few days to get the rhythm). As long as you are ready to book as soon as the inventory is released on BA you should definitely be able to snag at least 2 seats.

When we flew to Dubai we flew Emirates. Back then we used Alaska as a transfer partner. Now you can transfer Chase UR or MR 1:1. We positioned to get the shower experience. Qatar via Chase UR-BA-Qatar is a great option as well. In either case you will want to do some practice bookings and look at routes outside of your home airport to get good availability. Taxes directly with Emirates were reported to be high (think BA high) but I think I read somewhere that they had been reduced to something more reasonable.

So I tried to contact Marriott, never got a human, to see about my 4 FNC. I got a human when I called today. She said since I haven't been extended before they can. But not until Jan as they need to see I still have the card and I'm still spending on it. I saw some people got decent free nights usage in Hawaii with them. But I wouldn't be able to book until Jan for July. Would anything even be left?

The issue with using them for my Bday is every resort we're looking at has crazy parking fees. UGH. And we'd only be using 2. So I'd have 2 more to still try and use. This way I have 4 I could try w/ a bigger chunk of time. I guess I'm off to see where I could redeem them. And then to figure out what to do for my bday, LOL. UGH.

On another note, I saw AA is stopping the reduced mileage awards. I used those often to the tiny NC airports, as one was always on the list. It was one of my main reasons for keeping my personal barclay. Looks like I'm gonna cancel that next month. I'll keep the business one for the free luggage for now. Who knows maybe I can churn it.

HaHa you sound like my DD. She loves Zaxby's too.
I mean it IS the best fast food chicken, LOL.

Tulsa, OK has Zaxby's. LOL

Also, we are taking a weekend getaway in Dallas just to eat In-n-Out since we haven't had any this year.
Well not sure about OK, Lol. I mean since Spirit doesn't fly there its out, LOL. And I took one for the team and did In and Out when we went to Vegas for the BF, LOL.

Now I could get on board with a trip just for In-N-Out. I was lucky to get some in CO in July. We have Zaxby's locally so that isn't an attraction to me - but I remember how it was when we didn't have them.
I'm sure if it was local, I'd still love it, LOL. But the closest to MI is Indy. WAAAAH! I have road tripped there with the BF just to get chicken. And my son and I are both excited he has a hockey tournament there in Feb, LOL.

So I tried to contact Marriott, never got a human, to see about my 4 FNC. I got a human when I called today. She said since I haven't been extended before they can. But not until Jan as they need to see I still have the card and I'm still spending on it. I saw some people got decent free nights usage in Hawaii with them. But I wouldn't be able to book until Jan for July. Would anything even be left?

The issue with using them for my Bday is every resort we're looking at has crazy parking fees. UGH. And we'd only be using 2. So I'd have 2 more to still try and use. This way I have 4 I could try w/ a bigger chunk of time. I guess I'm off to see where I could redeem them. And then to figure out what to do for my bday, LOL. UGH.

On another note, I saw AA is stopping the reduced mileage awards. I used those often to the tiny NC airports, as one was always on the list. It was one of my main reasons for keeping my personal barclay. Looks like I'm gonna cancel that next month. I'll keep the business one for the free luggage for now. Who knows maybe I can churn it.

I mean it IS the best fast food chicken, LOL.

Well not sure about OK, Lol. I mean since Spirit doesn't fly there its out, LOL. And I took one for the team and did In and Out when we went to Vegas for the BF, LOL.

I'm sure if it was local, I'd still love it, LOL. But the closest to MI is Indy. WAAAAH! I have road tripped there with the BF just to get chicken. And my son and I are both excited he has a hockey tournament there in Feb, LOL.

You can do a points advance booking and hold the space, but it won't hold the points level. So there is the risk that it goes up over the FNC limit.

What am I missing with Zaxby's? I had an okay salad, but then the only thing gluten free I see is salad, fries and some wings (I don't do wings).

Besides Zaxby's we have Raising Cane's here which I hear is really good. And, of course, In-n-Out.

I went to Virginia last week to visit my daughter and she made sure we stopped at California Tortilla before we left. That used to be our favorite place to go in Maryland for a quick dinner on practice nights. I wish they'd expand here, we did visit once in Orlando a few years ago before it closed.

What am I missing with Zaxby's? I had an okay salad, but then the only thing gluten free I see is salad, fries and some wings (I don't do wings).

Besides Zaxby's we have Raising Cane's here which I hear is really good. And, of course, In-n-Out.

I went to Virginia last week to visit my daughter and she made sure we stopped at California Tortilla before we left. That used to be our favorite place to go in Maryland for a quick dinner on practice nights. I wish they'd expand here, we did visit once in Orlando a few years ago before it closed.

Really it's the battered chicken and zax sauce. If you have to do gluten free not sure it would be as good.

I can't find my answer in google or my links.

I want to book ANA through Virgin for 9/1 next year. UA is through 8/31 right now but I can't remember if their calendar opens earlier than Virgins or not. 330 days according to Google isn't until next week.

Ok so last year I booked 9/2 on 10/7 so was I late or I call next Wed?

I'm missing it too. So underwhelming. And I don't think I'm alone--there's a reason there's never a line at the drive thru while Chick Fil A's wraps around the building three times.

I had it once in TN, to try something new. Not impressed either. Now Raising Canes, YUM-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could live on that Texas Toast!
I haven't tried Raising Cane's but we do have one downtown. We have a ton of new fried chicken restaurants in my area that all came online at the same time (like when we got a dozen new donut places in a six month period five years ago).

I had it once in TN, to try something new. Not impressed either. Now Raising Canes, YUM-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could live on that Texas Toast!
Hey, Zaxby's serves Texas Toast with their meals too! I do not order sandwiches at Zaxby's. Their chicken fingers are really where it's at... with Zax sauce. YUMMM

I haven't tried Raising Cane's but we do have one downtown. We have a ton of new fried chicken restaurants in my area that all came online at the same time (like when we got a dozen new donut places in a six month period five years ago).
Whats great about Canes, is the lack of decision making The literally sell one thing LOL, Chicken Tenders. Its just how many or do you want them in a sandwich?

I'm missing it too. So underwhelming. And I don't think I'm alone--there's a reason there's never a line at the drive thru while Chick Fil A's wraps around the building three times.

And I don't understand that. I'd pick zaxbys every time. Not impressed with chick fill a and so often it was greasy. Also not a fan of waffle fries.

My AF just posted on my Amex Hilton Biz. Last year I called and got a retention offer of a $50 credit. Should I even bother trying this year? Do they ever give retention offers two years in a row?

P2 just passed a year on both AA biz cards, how do Barclays & Citi do card cancellations? Should I wait until after the AF posts to have P2 cancel, or does it need to be done before? Any reason to keep either open & pay the AF? I have the AA citibiz for free bags, so I can't see a reason to keep either open.

13 months apart.
I just checked and I received the $50 credit on October 1, 2020. The annual fee just posted on September 23, so I'm probably out of luck? With AMEX do you have to cancel within 30 days of the AF posting to get it refunded? If so, I'd have to decide if I'm keeping the card before I reach 13 months from the retention offer.
Do they ever offer retention offers after you've paid the AF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter