I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So even if I don't have the points? And then can I swap them for FNC once they are extended?

Yes, when you don't have enough points, the website will tell you that you're making a points advance reservation. Once your FNC are extended, you can get them applied. Not sure if you can do this online or you have to call. You'll probably want a backup plan in case the point value go up and exceed the FNC. Are these 35k or 50k ones?

Calypso, or to any other Hyatt pros:

Is the suite upgrade good for any available suite on the website? I would do a dummy points booking to check, but I don't have enough points for me to even try unless I cancel my other Hawaii booking. I see 2BD suites available for cash, but only 1KG or 2QN bedrooms available on points (specifically at the Grand Hyatt Kauai). DH just got Globalist this year and we haven't tried a suite upgrade anywhere since there were no suites available for the trips I was planning at the time.

It needs to be a standard suite. At the GH Kauai, they're called exactly that.

Chase Freedom Unlimited
Save some time in your busy life with your contactless Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card!​
Tap to Pay three times from Sept. 1, 2021 through Nov. 30, 2021, and receive 1,000 bonus points when each purchase is $3.35 or more.* No enrollment is necessary. You can tap to Pay at Target, Walgreens, McDonalds, grocery stores, and thousands of small businesses nationwide!​

Is this for all CFUs?

Yes, when you don't have enough points, the website will tell you that you're making a points advance reservation. Once your FNC are extended, you can get them applied. Not sure if you can do this online or you have to call. You'll probably want a backup plan in case the point value go up and exceed the FNC. Are these 35k or 50k ones?

They are the 50k certs. I guess it's time to start figuring out more where we want to go and when, LOL

They are the 50k certs. I guess it's time to start figuring out more where we want to go and when, LOL

That makes it a lot easier since there are only two 35k hotels in Hawaii lol. You can hold 3 points advance bookings at a time, so maybe you want to make 3 reservations just in case. If you really want a safety net, you could do one with a 35k hotel, but you'd have to be okay with not getting the full value of the FNC.

Well I finally pulled the trigger and booked my bday trip. Now i just have to hope I get on a flight, LOL. Since Marriott will likely extend my 4 FNC, I decided to use my Hilton FNC for my bday. I'm only $500 away from earning mine this year, so who knows maybe I'll get it before my trip. I'm staying at the Diplomat in Hollywood Beach. We have a rental car, but likely will cancel it. That resort seemed doable w/ Ubers only. I hate that every "beach" property has $40/nt parking charges. And most looked like no other parking was nearby. GRRRRR! Plus w/ no Zaxbys close, I guess I don't need a car, LOL.

Now to start planning the trip w/ the BF in Feb. I think he wants to do an all inclusive. Any suggestions?

So even if I don't have the points? And then can I swap them for FNC once they are extended?

My Chicken Scale - Zaxbys, Bojangles, Raising Cane's and then CFA (for the grilled nuggets and mac and cheese) oh and popeyes (strictly for the biscuits, popeyes biscuits trump bojangles). For me it's the fries w/ seasoning (the chips were amazing), the tenders and the texas toast. Raising Cane's I always get crappy fries. And their texas toast isn't as good either. And this will lose me any clout, but I don't do the sauces, LOL.

I think it's because "everybody" up north where we maybe have 1 CFA has heard how amazing it is, and never get it, so they HAVE to do CFA when they see it. I mean I know that used to be me. I wouldn't have never tried Zaxbys, or Raising Cane's. I can thank the NC ex for Zaxbys and the current BF for Canes, LOL. I'm slowly converting any friends I have when they travel south, LOL. Zaxbys needs to hire me, LOL.

Canes texas toast is NOTHING compared to Zaxbys! Plus the fries are so bland, and often soggy.

The chicken fingers and fries and toast! Zax Snack!

I'm with you, my CFA order is grilled nuggets and mac and cheese now.

There are Zaxbys in FL....just not the FLL area. WAAAAH!

The chicken is okay. But the fries are crap, and the texas toast isn't as good as Zaxbys. That said, I'll get it if there is one.

Funny my BFs brother is opening a culvers. Apparently it's one of the best franchises to open.
No way--is he single?:) I am not entrepreneurial, but that's a product I can get behind!

Ugghhhh P2 in pop up land with Amex. She only has an Amex Platinum card and has some recurring bills on it. I guess we can try throwing a little more spend on it.

What card did she get it on, with or without support? I got the pop-up recently on the BBP with support, but then was able to get the BBP targeted 50k offer. I want the Brilliant before the elevated offer expires, so really hope the spend for the MSR will get me back in Amex's good graces! 🤞

That makes it a lot easier since there are only two 35k hotels in Hawaii lol. You can hold 3 points advance bookings at a time, so maybe you want to make 3 reservations just in case. If you really want a safety net, you could do one with a 35k hotel, but you'd have to be okay with not getting the full value of the FNC.

Thats a great idea. Then I have backups if the rates go up. Thanks!

No way--is he single?:) I am not entrepreneurial, but that's a product I can get behind!
Assuming you're asking about the BF's brother? LOL. He's married with 3 kids. Not sure if he's into sister wives, LOL

I had trouble finding it too. Try the Help, search Paypal Key, under the "How do I set up Paypal Key" result, there should be a link.

Grrrr, Followed the link and it says not available to me. Why do I feel like I am only one. Am I doing something wrong or is it really not available to all still?

I got 2k for $2k on my IHG Premier and 1k for $1k on the IHG Traveler. Maybe I'll throw them in the mix. I was thinking of doing a CIC since I've met my MSR on the IHG.

IHG worked for me also. No dice on Hyatt, or Disney or Marriott. Last time it rolled out slowly so maybe a little hope?

It needs to be a standard suite. At the GH Kauai, they're called exactly that.
Ok, got it. Thanks for the clarification!
Grrrr, Followed the link and it says not available to me. Why do I feel like I am only one. Am I doing something wrong or is it really not available to all still?
You're not the only one! It's not available to me either and I've had my PayPal account forever. Have you checked your DH's (does he have one)? DH's PayPal has PPK available so I signed up for that under his account. He has no idea how it works.

It's been a while but we used the Platinum Fine Hotel $200 credit at Universal this month so thought I'd share.

DH and I each have a Platinum currently, plus I hadn't used my $200 covid credit yet. We did 4 nights at Sapphire Falls as part of our trip, since it's part of the hotel collection/2 night minimum with AMEX travel. I did 2 nights in my name in a garden view, and 2 nights in DHs name in a pool view. It was $1100 total for 4 nights including tax.

When we checked in I let them know about the 2 reservations and they connected them and put us in a lagoon view for all 4 nights - I think that's technically the 'best' view category. We had to go by the front desk for new keys after the first 2 nights. They mentioned the $100 resort credit when we checked in but I didn't ask if we would end up with 2 due to our 2 reservations. I honestly was happy enough because the FHR/covid credits alone made it less than the AP rate at the hotel, so the resort credit was a bonus. We did end up getting 2x$100 resort credits and they worked on the food venues at Sapphire Falls - QS, Amatista, pool bar, rum bar. It didn't work at the gift shop. I was going to charge something from the parks or citywalk just to see if it worked but forgot, though I kind of think it wouldn't since the hotel gift shop didn't. The way it worked was just that the first $100 we charged each time did not show up on our bill at all. We just used our room keys to charge to the room as we normally would.

I’ll have to say I know nothing about any of these chicken places, Zaxby’s, Cane’s, etc whatever else. CFA is the only place I actually go for a chicken sandwich. Oh, and Sonic. They have a good chicken sandwich.

Funny my BFs brother is opening a culvers. Apparently it's one of the best franchises to open.

My uncle sat down with the owner when it was only two locations in WI where he was pitching the ideas of opening more locations... He already owned two other businesses and several other things so declined...

I was living in IL at the time, I remember each time we went to WI we would stop there, the tray paper would have the locations, each time we went up they added one or two more... Then they jumped to TX. Took some years before they started moving to other states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter