I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the Hilton Aspire that I am leaning toward downgrading to the no-fee Hilton card (I already got the SUB for it, so I would be downgrading in the hope of getting an offer for upgrading).

Am I correct that there are no COVID-related changes to the Aspire's benefits now? Like the $250 resort credit can only be used as a resort credit?

Also, the fee posted on January 8 so I have until February 7 to downgrade--is that correct?

There was an announcement that they're coming out with some benefits for the co-brands. But who knows what it is. The FNC was extended to end of 2022, that's about it.

30 days to downgrade for full refund, you can get prorated outside of that.

I'm planning to offset the DVC rental for our Disney trip next year using PYB to buy GC to cover our groceries for awhile. I'm going to be cashing out about 250K URs, so I won't do it all at once, but is there a general amount of GC I should buy at once that won't be too much of a hassle and require manager approval? Is there still hope that Disney tickets might be bookable through the portal later this year, or should I also try to work on a stockpile of Disney GC to buy tickets with later?
We just got back from FL. I bought 2k in Disney gc at my Kroger chain to cover food and tix. I used PYB for the charge. It’s probably dependent on grocery chain but I had no problem purchasing all that through the regular lane.

Keep in mind though that the usual way to earn a CP is to earn it throughout the year for the following year. So Southwest doesn't look at it as you missing 10-11 months of your CP in 2020. You earned your 2021 CP, which is available to you for all of 2021. Having it for the remainder of 2020 is a "bonus" of sorts. I'm not suggesting that they won't extend it, but they're under no obligation to do so considering that they've delivered the benefit to you at this point. I'm actually somewhat surprised they did the June extension - but Southwest does tremendous things to please their customers! So let's stay tuned and see what happens!

I mean right in their terms they mention the remainder of the year. I am not sure that is a "bonus" although I get what you are saying.

From their description.

To qualify, simply fly 100 qualifying one-way flights or earn 125,000 qualifying points* in a calendar year, and you’ll earn Companion Pass for the following full calendar year, plus the remainder of the year in which you earned it.

@hsmamato2 or others. I was recently approved for the CFF and I can see it in my account, while I am waiting for the card to arrive. Nowhere does it mention the special limited time 5X grocery bonus. Do your accounts have it listed as a benefit? Should I be worried that I did not get the 5X grocery on my account?

I mean right in their terms they mention the remainder of the year. I am not sure that is a "bonus" although I get what you are saying.

From their description.

To qualify, simply fly 100 qualifying one-way flights or earn 125,000 qualifying points* in a calendar year, and you’ll earn Companion Pass for the following full calendar year, plus the remainder of the year in which you earned it.
Yeah - but I'm not sure SW intends people to earn these CPs so early in the year. You can argue it either way of course - so I won't dispute your position. But if I had to guess, I think their "normal" line of thinking is people spend all year flying 100 flights or spend most of the year earning 125,000 points and earn their CP in October, or November and get it for 13-14 months. I'm not sure they're as worried about people that missed out on their 23 month CP by "gaming" the system in January. 😂 😂 (And I have a 2021 companion pass so I do have a vested interest in an extension, lol)

@hsmamato2 or others. I was recently approved for the CFF and I can see it in my account, while I am waiting for the card to arrive. Nowhere does it mention the special limited time 5X grocery bonus. Do your accounts have it listed as a benefit? Should I be worried that I did not get the 5X grocery on my account?
I believe it was offered thru 1/13 on apps.... I know mine has the offer, just unsure why it didn't work last week. I did SM..doubt I'll get a satisfying answer tho.

I thought Target and Walmart were specifically excluded as grocery stores.
View attachment 550303

It appears lucky that you got 5x before.
huh.... I had been using this card for online WM grocery....oh wait. Last quarter was WM specifically...:rolleyes1 Dang. Ok thanks- switching cards for next order. (actually I used up my TC on my last order so that works for me too:thumbsup2 funny story...when you order from WM,and they don't have item in stock,they sub with a better item..... this week I ordered 2 18 ct. eggs.... instead they gave me 2 60 ct boxes.....(yes,120 eggs) soooo many egg recipes happening right now,plus gave some away!

P2 is getting a targeted ad for a 100k/$15k Biz Plat when logging into Amex. It's a nice offer because she's already had and closed the Biz Plat and it's NLL as far as I can tell, but we just don't have a use for those MRs right now and don't really want to pay the $550 AF.

huh.... I had been using this card for online WM grocery....oh wait. Last quarter was WM specifically...:rolleyes1 Dang. Ok thanks- switching cards for next order. (actually I used up my TC on my last order so that works for me too:thumbsup2 funny story...when you order from WM,and they don't have item in stock,they sub with a better item..... this week I ordered 2 18 ct. eggs.... instead they gave me 2 60 ct boxes.....(yes,120 eggs) soooo many egg recipes happening right now,plus gave some away!

it happens. we all have our silly mistakes in the past.

My DD is driving me crazy. Tonight she finally decided to apply...for a Sapphire preferred. Instant approval. I want her to try for a MDD tomorrow, but she's refusing to call recon if anything goes wrong. We will see....

Quoting myself...DD got instant approval for the reserve. Now she's freaking out about meeting both spends and of course the huge annual fee on the reserve.

I bought $2k yesterday and it triggered them having to see ID and then I had to go to customer service and have them fill out a form with all of my information so they could report the purchase. The lady said $2k or more was the trigger. So I will stay under that in the future to avoid that. That was at Stop&Shop in RI.
That's good to know! I realized I should probably just do VGC so I'm not sitting on 6 months worth of grocery giftcards. I may just pop in for $500 at a time for a few weeks until I get through all my UR points.

There was an announcement that they're coming out with some benefits for the co-brands. But who knows what it is. The FNC was extended to end of 2022, that's about it.

30 days to downgrade for full refund, you can get prorated outside of that.

Thanks--it makes me a little sad to downgrade this card, which I really thought would be a keeper. But I don't think we're going to be doing any big trips until 2022, so keeping it this year just doesn't make sense.

P2 is getting a targeted ad for a 100k/$15k Biz Plat when logging into Amex. It's a nice offer because she's already had and closed the Biz Plat and it's NLL as far as I can tell, but we just don't have a use for those MRs right now and don't really want to pay the $550 AF.
I got that too, although I just got a Biz Plat from a targeted email in December, which had the annual fee free the first year, which wasn't mentioned anywhere until you got the card. From DPs on Reddit from last month those that applied through the pop up online did not get the annual fee waived, only the email. But I'd keep an eye on any DPs that come in for the AF waived the first year.

Booked my December Disney trip today for us and our family! We booked at Pop again for now. Not 100% sure we'll keep that, we might try to stay somewhere different, but we all agreed we were happy at Pop and we aren't spending time in the room anyways since we like to go go go. Now fingers crossed they add back the dining plan since that is a MUST for our family!

I also get my first shot on 1/27! Very excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter