I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just an FYI according to my call this morning, if you do the eats pass, it's active now.
Your $10 goes to the membership. And 5% of a $15 order is a 75 cents even if you pick it up.

Using the $10 from your Uber wallet for $10 credit on food is different and I don't think you will get 5% off. However, when it goes active, having your card added to the wallet will ensure the credit is available to use when it does go live. The CS did not say when for this.

My understanding is you don't get both things. You may have offers on more than one card, but I doubt they will combine.

That's not my understanding. I activated the Uber Eats Pass on my account linked to a plat. It did not take away any of my Uber credits from the plat. It should just be complimentary for a year. It'll start auto billing after that, so I set a reminder on my calendar to cancel.

It should work the same for the gold. Rumor is the $10 credit for the gold will start on 2/1.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/campaigns/uber/

Last edited:
Thank you, @platamama!

Yes, the 3-10 days would work. My first run will be starting 1/17, so that will be enough time there.

And I completely forgot about registering for the 3x bonus so I'll do this first run on cash. That's an excellent point and I originally budgeted for cash anyway. I'm going to start w/ 5 nights and see how this plays out.

Right now I can't see a statement closing date, but my first due date is 2/14. Based on my other cards, I'm going to guess that statement closing date is not until 2/10 which means those 25K SUB will likely NOT show up before February double night promotion ends. Shoot... 🤔 ...I need to keep thinking on this one.
So with a due date of 2/14, I think your statement close date will be 2/10 or more likely 2/11. If you're able to reach $5K total spend by that day, then you'll have the 25K points from the MSR and 2 elite nights (from the $5K spend) post on that 2/11 statement and show up in your Hyatt account within one business day.
10 - CC nights
10 - double nights for your Jan 5 nt stay
+ 2 - nights for spending $5K
22 nights by mid Feb

Then if you can do a 4 nt stay during the promo period to get 8 elite nights, you'll be at Globalist. Points or cash, whichever works better for you. The place I have booked for my next mattress run costs 8000 pts OR $58/nt so cash is far better in my situation since 8000 URs are worth $120 (or more) to me.

As long as $3K of purchases have posted on the card by 2/11, you'll have your 25,000 Hyatt points in your account by mid-February, so that goal is achievable if you can meet the spend.

That's not my understanding. I activated the Uber Eats Pass on my account linked to a plat. It did not take away any of my Uber credits from the plat. It should just be complimentary for a year. It'll start auto billing after that, so I set a reminder on my calendar to cancel.

It should work the same for the gold. Rumor is the $10 credit for the gold will start on 2/1.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/campaigns/uber/

I hope you are correct. Under the FAQ for the Platinum card it makes it clear and states that you get both. Scroll down further and under the Gold FAQ's it does not.

Last edited:
Then if you can do a 4 nt stay during the promo period to get 8 elite nights, you'll be at Globalist. Points or cash, whichever works better for you. The place I have booked for my next mattress run costs 8000 pts OR $58/nt so cash is far better in my situation since 8000 URs are worth $120 (or more) to me.

Okay, this is where I was differing a bit and considering using points instead of cash. I used this online calculator that also recommended points. The place I'm staying is running me $128 total per night in cash but is only 5000 in points. On the other hand, the cash stay helps me with the spend.

And I can definitely get it done by 2/10 so if they post mid-February then that's the icing on the cake!! Thank you for talking through this with me!

Okay, this is where I was differing a bit and considering using points instead of cash. I used this online calculator that also recommended points. The place I'm staying is running me $128 total per night in cash but is only 5000 in points. On the other hand, the cash stay helps me with the spend.

And I can definitely get it done by 2/10 so if they post mid-February then that's the icing on the cake!! Thank you for talking through this with me!
Oh yeah, in your case I can definitely see using points being a better deal. FM has a newer online calculator that allows you to apply the 3xpoints Bonus Journeys promo, so give that one a try too in making your decision. :thumbsup2

I've been mathing out my mattress runs, and cash is working out the best for me, although it really depends on how much you value a Hyatt point. If I can redeem above 1.5 cpp then paying cash makes more sense because of the current 3x Bonus Journeys promo (I believe today is the last day to register).

How do you tell if you have registered for this? I don't see it in my account.

go here-

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys-triple-points.html
put in your WoH number and if you've already registered you'll get a screen that says so

if not, then you're registered...make sure you do it tonight, though!
It doesn't actually say that you've registered for it...unless you keep registering for it and you get the message saying "You're already registered for this offer" (which I've done over and over because I'm being extra 😄 ).

Try here: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys-triple-points.html

Thanks! I thought I was missing something. How would people know about these promotions if you didn't have friends like people on here?? lol It seems weird that I couldn't find anything to click while I was logged in. I do see now under offers it shows up as an offer and it was not there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter