I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We originally wanted hogwarts or Cinderella’s castle but the town ones are so much fun! I love that you can piece them together however you want. They have so much detail
I really love the town sets! Super cute and reminds me of Disney.

Yes!!! Totally reminds me of Main Street, USA!
We watched a video on YouTube of a guy showing off his diner set. Then he was like “let’s go put this downstairs in the rest of the town”. I thought maybe he’d have like a couple sets put together. Um no lol. He had to have bought every town set that’s been released. I’m not sure how he even had the room for it in his basement.

We watched a video on YouTube of a guy showing off his diner set. Then he was like “let’s go put this downstairs in the rest of the town”. I thought maybe he’d have like a couple sets put together. Um no lol. He had to have bought every town set that’s been released. I’m not sure how he even had the room for it in his basement.

I absolutely love these Town sets. I would have them all if it were for us having jerk cats. I have a stack of Christmas Legos in the boxes as it is just sitting in storage, plus the Cinderella's castle.

Don't remind me about those tickets! It was a long night and we still didn't get tickets. We are also staying a few nights in Boston since we have never been.

We ended up getting them 2 days after the verified fan sale during the Capital One pre-sale. I think we were only in the queue for about 45 minutes or so. The verified fan attempt was a huge bust! What a pain that was.

Future trips:

- Vegas in May - haven’t canceled yet, but have come to terms it’s not happening

- Aulani in July - this is the one I’m holding out hopes for. Using 3 years of DVC points for us and brother-in-law’s family it’s all of our first time to Hawaii. If not able to go as planned, we will not be able to fit in before our use year ends. Will mostly likely squeeze in a WDW trip instead to use those banked points instead of losing them.

If we are able to go, this may be the best cheap vacation ever. Airfare started out about $1200 round trip per person is down to $450 now. I so love SWA’s rebooking policy for a lower fare. It was all on points, but more to use for another day!

- Vegas in August - we got Garth Brooks tickets as the first show in the new Raiders stadium. We have seen him a couple of times before, but such a good show. And I’m always looking for a reason to go to Vegas.

- College football games in the fall. We have season tickets to my beloved Texas Tech Red Raiders and have two flights booked for games in Sep and Oct. I’m not sure there will be a football season at this point, but one can only hope.

I’m sure we’ll do something over Christmas, but haven’t gotten that far ahead yet.

Future trips:

- Vegas in May - haven’t canceled yet, but have come to terms it’s not happening

- Aulani in July - this is the one I’m holding out hopes for. Using 3 years of DVC points for us and brother-in-law’s family it’s all of our first time to Hawaii. If not able to go as planned, we will not be able to fit in before our use year ends. Will mostly likely squeeze in a WDW trip instead to use those banked points instead of losing them.

If we are able to go, this may be the best cheap vacation ever. Airfare started out about $1200 round trip per person is down to $450 now. I so love SWA’s rebooking policy for a lower fare. It was all on points, but more to use for another day!

- Vegas in August - we got Garth Brooks tickets as the first show in the new Raiders stadium. We have seen him a couple of times before, but such a good show. And I’m always looking for a reason to go to Vegas.

- College football games in the fall. We have season tickets to my beloved Texas Tech Red Raiders and have two flights booked for games in Sep and Oct. I’m not sure there will be a football season at this point, but one can only hope.

I’m sure we’ll do something over Christmas, but haven’t gotten that far ahead yet.
Sounds like a lot of great trips to look forward too! I hope you get to Aulani and I hear you on football!

Oh my word. That is some megabucks in there. I am soooooo glad my kids were not into legos. lol I am not into "stuff". They would have went back in the box. Bah humbug, get off my lawn and all that. :rotfl2: I am a party pooper. It is a pretty cool set up. In someone else's house.

Pretty sure I just ordered enough things on Amazon to offset my lack of fuel purchase.
Nothing too fun, but I ordered a frame I need to hang my very latest piece of Jerrod Maruyama's art (he is my favorite Disney artist, but he also recently did a piece for Battle of the Planets which was my favorite cartoon when I was about 5) along with some hanging hardware because I am out of the hanging nails I like. I also just received the small (12 x 12) corkboard I got to hang my Disney pins on.

Does the "spending tracker" on the CIP take into account pending purchases also, or just the ones that have officially "gone through"?

Oh my word. That is some megabucks in there. I am soooooo glad my kids were not into legos. lol I am not into "stuff". They would have went back in the box. Bah humbug, get off my lawn and all that. :rotfl2: I am a party pooper. It is a pretty cool set up. In someone else's house.

All this talk of Legos reminds me I have a couple of small, not super popular sets that I had had up on eBay that never sold.

Now might be a good time for me to put them back up!

We always have water in the room and carry a bottle each time we leave for a park. But we have stopped buying nearly as much, and hardly any in the parks. We just grab the free cups of ice water from all the QS places. Super refreshing and saves a ton of money.

This is what we do also. Instacart Publix order set up ahead of time and I push it through as soon as we land at MCO, usually we get to the resort at the same time using DME. We fill up the Hydro Flasks with ice on the way to the elevator in the morning and have our "starter" water from the room. The only reason we weren't doing it in May is because we were staying CL and planned to fill up in the lounge at breakfast before hitting the parks. Lounge CMs will give you a carafe for the room as well since the Poly lounge doesn't have bottled water in the cooler case. Sigh...

I got my giant Rise of the Skywalker collector's box from Disney Movie Club and it's really depressing considering a lot of the items were intended for use on our trip...namely reusable lightsaber straws, a sling bag that was perfect for my gf's Han Solo bound, a pin lanyard. Oof, I'm getting sad again. :(

We have flights booked for mid June to California for DLR. I know it’s probably not happening but not ready to cancel. Looking at my flights, SW changed our flight home from SNA-SJO-MDW with a 2 hour layover to SNA-LAS-MDW with a 6 hour layover.
Do I change now, or just wait? Original flight no longer available and alternatives are all 6k more points than what I booked.

We have flights booked for mid June to California for DLR. I know it’s probably not happening but not ready to cancel. Looking at my flights, SW changed our flight home from SNA-SJO-MDW with a 2 hour layover to SNA-LAS-MDW with a 6 hour layover.
Do I change now, or just wait? Original flight no longer available and alternatives are all 6k more points than what I booked.

Did you try changing it? I was able to change my May flights all the way out to July with no additional charge.

I signed up for a free 30 day membership for Amazon Prime. During that time I bought a movie. If I cancel my Prime membership do I lose access to the movie?
Also if I place a Prime order today, will there be an issue if I cancel Prime before the order is delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!