I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always have water in the room and carry a bottle each time we leave for a park. But we have stopped buying nearly as much, and hardly any in the parks. We just grab the free cups of ice water from all the QS places. Super refreshing and saves a ton of money.
Ice water at QS is our current method. I guess everyone could carry a bottle and just refill it with that water. That might work. I just need water with me at all times, my meds dehydrate me so add in the heat and it gets worse.

Ice water at QS is our current method. I guess everyone could carry a bottle and just refill it with that water. That might work. I just need water with me at all times, my meds dehydrate me so add in the heat and it gets worse.
I wear a very small fanny pack, to just hold phones and lip stuff. So I don't like to carry anything else around the parks. I like to drink my ice water, go on a ride or two, then get another one :-)

My AF hit today for my Bonvoy Brilliant ($450). I'm thinking that using the $300 travel credit might be tricky this year. I know there has been talk of downgrades. What do I downgrade to and I suppose I need to call?

I will say that going without the stroller for the first time is scary. It is so convenient to store stuff. But once you go without you will realize it is freeing! You don't really need all the "stuff". Now I try to go as minimal as possible. Usually just a drawstring bag if ponchos are needed. No bag if it looks like no rain. We each carry our own water bottle and then refill as needed. The water is not the best at the parks, but it is better than carrying too much stuff.

We used a stroller when DD was 2 and 3. On our next trip she was almost 5 and we realized we didn't need it anymore and it was so freeing! It was great! I get flack for sharing this but honestly the stroller was such a pain (and ours was light) to weave through all the crowds.

Umm, I just order Kirkland tp from Costco
party:

Why does that make me ridiculously happy?! Bonus for using DiscoverIt to pay!

Lucky! I just looked and all I could find was Charmin, and then it says it won't ship to my zip code. Again. :(

Future planned trips . . . will they happen??

** Boston August 1 - taking DD and her best friend to see Taylor Swift concert

** CA/Yosemite High Sierra loop hike - end of August - we had to move last year's hike to this summer. PLEASE Yosemite, don't cancel again on us!

** NYC mid-December weekend - Hamilton, Rockettes

** early January - 3 night DCL cruise + Universal

What are the odds?

We are headed to Boston for the July 31st concert! Right now, it is the only trip this summer we aren't planning to cancel. Where are you staying? We have reservations at the Home2Suites that is a mile away. Just worried about walking back at night since I figure the ubers and traffic will be terrible.

Hope you are able to take all your trips!

Been there in July several times, including last summer. Love it when it's really hot. Rope drop, return to resort around noon, go back for supper until close.

@DaveL This is exactly what we do! We also take a complete change of clothes for the evening most days. Don't forget the ponchos. We buy the ones from the Dollar Store so we can throw them away after using and then we don't have to carry around a wet ponch.

We are headed to Boston for the July 31st concert! Right now, it is the only trip this summer we aren't planning to cancel. Where are you staying? We have reservations at the Home2Suites that is a mile away. Just worried about walking back at night since I figure the ubers and traffic will be terrible.

Hope you are able to take all your trips!

No need to worry - sidewalks and controlled crosswalks all the way back to your hotel. Should be fairly painless.

We have a full summer of weekend trips planned for travel softball. We also have 5 nights at Myrtle Beach in July (in between softball weekends lol). None of the softball tournaments have been cancelled yet but I think the early June events could be doubtful. I am very hopeful for the rest of the schedule. If summer ball gets cancelled after DD lost her high school season, that will break my heart.

If I wasn't already booked for the summer, I would definitely book WDW for the reopening! I love to be at WDW when it's hot.

How often does AMEX run promos on transferring points to travel partners, mainly hotels? I decided my small stash of MR points would be more useful to us as Hilton points since we don't have any air travel plans outside of SW in the near future. I don't have an immediate use for the points with everything on hold, but I wasn't sure how often transfer promos come around. Does Marriott ever do a transfer promo with AMEX? I could see that possibly being beneficial if we wanted to transfer and do a 5th night free on Swan/ Dolphin sometime.

They had been doing every few months but sometimes it is targeted. Just looked up the last Hilton post on DoC (since they had just been doing updates to the same one) and looks like July last year, then again in November and then again just in March which is ending on 4/14.
(https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-transfer-bonus-20-30-to-hilton-honors-12-4-2-6/)

Marriott has also had transfer bonuses too. Last one in January, and looks like twice in 2019.

Not sure how it'll go for the future though.

Thanks. DH waited until now to try, even the chat agents are too busy/unavailable. They told him to call, which obviously didn't work! Will try later or tomorrow I guess.
The first time I chatted my wait was less than two minutes. The second (around noon) it was about 10 minutes. I guess calling in the morning might be best.

I also called Chase cruise to cancel right at 9 am et and got right through.

I received the email too. So if I renewed my 6th month plan on 4/1, does that mean that I'll receive the 15% credit on 10/1?
I called because mine just renewed. The rep said I would get the total$15% deducted from my May payment. So I will pay my regular payment this month. My May payment will be very low after they subtract the 15%. Then my next 4 monthly payments will be normal.

I called because mine just renewed. The rep said I would get the total$15% deducted from my May payment. So I will pay my regular payment this month. My May payment will be very low after they subtract the 15%. Then my next 4 monthly payments will be normal.
I wonder if I could get it if I just paid my April 1 payment? I'm on the 6 month plan.

So with the sad news of Universal extending their closure through May 31st, I am going to have to finally cancel the hotels I booked for my birthday weekend :'( I used a CIP to book the rooms and pay for the deposit, about $400 total, to help meet the MSR on that card back in December. Will Chase claw back those points? I did spend well over the MSR on that one. I thought it was on an Amex and was very worried. I felt relieved when I checked and saw that it was on a Chase card but I just wanted to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter