I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? That’s stinks. I’ve only used it twice but the app clearly says the tips go directly to the Dasher.

I looked into this a few months ago because I was considering signing up to deliver. Technically, it does go to the driver. But it's shady. I can't remember the exact number, but for conversation sake, let's say $10 in minimum. So doordash drivers make a minimum of $10 per delivery, per their policy. If the order actually pays $5, and they get no tip from the buyer, Doordash adds on $5 so they make their minimum of $10. If the order pays $5 and the customer leaves a $5 tip, they make the same $10.

So if the order pays $5, it's better for the driver if you tip in cash because then doordash pays them the $5 to get to $10, plus they get your cash tip. So the driver makes more and no extra cost to you.

Note again, all of those numbers are just examples. I can't remember specifics but it was a really shady business practice so I steered clear.

We received our RCCL cruise vouchers today for 125% of the cost of our Harmony of the Seas cruise that didn’t happen. It is good until 12/31/21 and we have until l12/31/20 to request a cash refund instead. I am torn what to do but we have some time to think about it.

At this point, I still have everything booked for AUS. I just can’t bring myself to cancel and I actually booked $45 one way positioning Flights to LAX when SW had them the other day.

I need to start working on our Christmas in HI trip since we have a timeshare voucher to use. I just have no travel enthusiasm at the moment as everything keeps getting canceled. We should be in DL for a Easter Break instead our big excitement was running to PF Chang’s and stocking up on lo mein for DS. He has 4 servings left that I told him he could have one a week so a month until another run is needed. I made sure to grab a jug of “Joe” filled with margaritas while we were out from a local spot.

Last edited:
I looked into this a few months ago because I was considering signing up to deliver. Technically, it does go to the driver. But it's shady. I can't remember the exact number, but for conversation sake, let's say $10 in minimum. So doordash drivers make a minimum of $10 per delivery, per their policy. If the order actually pays $5, and they get no tip from the buyer, Doordash adds on $5 so they make their minimum of $10. If the order pays $5 and the customer leaves a $5 tip, they make the same $10.

So if the order pays $5, it's better for the driver if you tip in cash because then doordash pays them the $5 to get to $10, plus they get your cash tip. So the driver makes more and no extra cost to you.

Note again, all of those numbers are just examples. I can't remember specifics but it was a really shady business practice so I steered clear.
I just got a CSR and we plan to use the credits later this year once things are better. I need to try and remember this so we can tip in cash

Thanks for the info. The in-app suggested tips seem really high to me too.

CSR has the arrangement with DoorDash. Has it been discussed yet that tips made on the AP are not going to the drivers? They’ve been using the tips as part of their base pay. So if you want to give a tip, make it in cash. They had been called out on that and said they would change. But apparently they haven’t.
This is one of the reasons why I haven’t used the doordash credit yet. That and the fact that the participating restaurants here stinks.
We received our RCCL cruise vouchers today for 125% of the cost of our Harmony of the Seas cruise that didn’t happen. It is good until 12/31/21 and we have until l12/31/20 to request a cash refund instead. I am torn what to do but we have some time to think about it.

At this point, I still have everything booked for AUS. I just can’t bring myself to cancel and I actually booked $45 one way positioning Flights to LAX when SW had them the other day.

I need to start working on our Christmas in HI trip since we have a timeshare voucher to use. I just have no travel enthusiasm at the moment as everything keeps getting canceled. We should be in DL for a Easter Break instead our big excitement was running to PF Chang’s and stocking up on lo mein for DS. He has 4 servings left that I told him he could have one a week so a month until another run is needed. I made sure to grab a jug of “Joe” filled with margaritas while we were out from a local spot.
“No travel enthusiasm” describes me perfectly :sad1:

This is one of the reasons why I haven’t used the doordash credit yet. That and the fact that the participating restaurants here stinks.

Same with doordash, and same with travel. :sad2: I am grateful for my family feeling ok, and thankful for food and shelter, but I do miss those days when we would sit around and plan our summer vacation.

We are watching 90 Day Fiancé and they are in Cairns and went to wildlife sanctuary. DS and I were just admiring the koala and roos and commenting how much we want to see them in Aug.

Playing this ridiculous game on my phone, garden tale, because I can get points on swagbucks for reaching level 18 or something. It's just growing flowers and selling them. It is SO mindless that I love it. It's the perfect distraction while I'm working and kept me off social most of yesterday and today during work hours. Catching up after work and I was just done with it all. Also kept me off here some but seeing as it's been quiet here I didn't miss much :)

Also was surprised to login to our internet bill with comcast to see a credit because they are giving everyone free unlimited internet march 13 to may 13 and we already pay for it. So while I was happy about that I also had the, but my MSR! thought. But at the rate I'm going and with groceries, I think I'll have it done in the 3 months without a problem which is good. Have another long list for stock up this weekend.

Trying to avoid buying stuff on shop disney that I don't need as they are dust collectors and I don't have space for them. I did get the lounge pants and Small World ears I ordered last week today. Love the ears and only $15, which I kept thinking of @wendow as I was buying them and feeling bad cause I was getting them for half price. I love the ears and just couldn't with the price when the sequin headbands drive me nuts. But for half price I'll deal and they'll work at the Asian parks :) Though I do want to make myself 1 pair of ears for that trip but I want them to have something to do with visiting all 6 of the parks, I just can't figure out how to represent that. So if anyone has ideas I'm open to them :)

Yep same here. About 2 weeks ago when it was hitting hard that pretty much everything we had planned was getting cancelled I had a small break down at the super table and just cried. My husband asked me today how I was feeling about it all. I told him I was fine, that 2 weeks ago I had hope we could salvage the vacations and now I know there is no hope, so not going to dwell on it. :crazy2: I'm just going to throw myself into other house and work projects.

Edited to add: That sounds dark, but It is more of I've mourned the loss and am ready to move on.

We rented Trolls: World Tour and it was cute, not as cute as the first one but my 7 year old loves them. I know a lot of us are getting things through Amazon and if you’ve been getting the slow shipping $3 credits, you can use them towards the rental on Amazon Prime.
We had to buy a new Wii U cord for charging (darn cats). I’m saving the $3 credit for kindle books but I never thought to use it on rentals.

I'm now planning a Halloween-y October Universal/WDW trip with my dad to keep my mind on happy things. While I would looooove to try Caribbean Beach I am thinking of booking a Disney Springs hotel on points to save money. Could I book one night at one of the Disney Springs Hiltons using Hilton points and another night at the same hotel using URs (or my dad's Hilton points), and then call the hotel to link the reservations?

Also I gave me and my mom an upgrade to Sapphire Falls for what will hopefully end up being an August belated birthday Universal trip (I've decided I'm turning 29 again in May and will turn 30 whenever I'm able to spend a day lounging at Volcano Bay!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter