I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I officially pulled the plug on our May trip with the announcement that UO is officially closed through 5/31. We were going to spend the 5 nights at WDW and 3 nights at UO. So now I need to cancel our HRH ressie that was made on the UR portal. I can just go online and cancel it, correct? And I should see the UR points back in my account almost instantly?

We have a cash ressie starting on Jun 18th at POFQ, so I'll need to try to modify it to only staying 2 nights there, then 3 nights at BWV, 2 nights at Vero Beach, then 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel. That's a lot of moving around, we'll have to decide if it's worth it to move around that much. But, I figured I should snag the BWV nights while they were available. If it happens I'm super excited to try BWV! Never stayed there before. Animal Kingdom-Sav. view was also available, and I was really tempted by that, but it was a few more points so I went with BWV. After getting all of the May cancellations done, I suppose I should work on my July back up ressie in case June doesn't happen.

Took a week for me to get a response to close a CIP. I'd rather a week though than sit on the phone for 5 hours...!
I got a response to my SM today, in which I asked about PCing a card because it says not to call unless you have a lost/stolen card. They said to call. Ugh.
If there's no coke available I'll drink lemonade, water or maybe root beer but not pepsi. Even more now, the calories aren't worth drinking something I don't enjoy.
Even better is an ice cold Mexican coke with cane sugar in a glass bottle LOL.
If Pepsi is the only option, I drink water.
Culvers has Pepsi products but they have iced tea, which is actually my drink of choice when I eat out.
I’m not a cola fan, nor soda in general, so I’m for sure not wasting calories on non diet anything. If I chose any soda, I prefer root beer, Dr Pepper or even cream soda. I will drink Diet Coke or Pepsi if that’s what’s available but frequently choose water. Culver’s is great because they have diet root beer, every place else only has diet cola. I like ice tea at home but not fountain/instant/most restaurant ice tea.
We went to WDW in August once, and I swore never again. I don't handle humidity well though. I keep telling DH we need to retire somewhere west where its dry.

Having said that, at this point, I'd go anywhere . . .
Yep

Lastly, shout out to @havaneselover for the bagel recipe posted a while back. Made them last weekend and even DH commented on how good they were.

Well, I officially pulled the plug on our May trip with the announcement that UO is officially closed through 5/31. We were going to spend the 5 nights at WDW and 3 nights at UO. So now I need to cancel our HRH ressie that was made on the UR portal. I can just go online and cancel it, correct? And I should see the UR points back in my account almost instantly?

We have a cash ressie starting on Jun 18th at POFQ, so I'll need to try to modify it to only staying 2 nights there, then 3 nights at BWV, 2 nights at Vero Beach, then 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel. That's a lot of moving around, we'll have to decide if it's worth it to move around that much. But, I figured I should snag the BWV nights while they were available. If it happens I'm super excited to try BWV! Never stayed there before. Animal Kingdom-Sav. view was also available, and I was really tempted by that, but it was a few more points so I went with BWV. After getting all of the May cancellations done, I suppose I should work on my July back up ressie in case June doesn't happen.
Anytime I have cancelled a refundable hotel reservation on the UR portal, I can see the points if I log out, then log back in.

We are in the process of canceling our May trip booked with URs staying at a Marriott Vacation club resort in Orlando....noticed on the MVP website all their Orlando locations are only open to MVC members until 5/14. Now booked the end of June, if that doesn’t work out I’ll move it to July or see if my son can come up to LI then.

An update to yesterday's post about my recent cancellation of a CIP for DH. I got the SM back yesterday that the card had been cancelled and, as of this morning, the $95 AF had been credited back, so that's all taken care of.

I also got an email from our car insurance company that they are refunding 15% of 2 months' premiums due to folks driving less under current shelter in place guidelines. Our insurance rates are ridiculously low here in Idaho compared to what we paid in California, but it's a nice gesture even if the dollars won't be large. Frankly, it wasn't something I was expecting at all, so it's a nice little bonus...

DD has not been able to set up her online account since she got her new chase card. We finally tried calling them and, after getting transferred 4 times, ended up talking to a rep in the Philippines. He took care of the problem quickly and easily. Each time they transferred us, the wait was less than 5 minutes. It was worth it.

We are headed to Boston for the July 31st concert! Right now, it is the only trip this summer we aren't planning to cancel. Where are you staying? We have reservations at the Home2Suites that is a mile away. Just worried about walking back at night since I figure the ubers and traffic will be terrible.

Hope you are able to take all your trips!

Yay!!! It sure was something trying to get those tickets - phew! We are staying at a Marriott brand about 10 minutes away. I figure we'll drive to the parking lot EARLY to avoid traffic. After the concert, we're spending a few nights in Boston since I've never been. Its fun having a 20 year old. Keeps me young. :)

Yep, should be instant or nearly instant. I made a Portofino reservation at Christmas with UR that I canceled not 12 hours later and got the points back very fast. Make sure to screenshot it though just as insurance.

Alas, my girls and dh have different food allergies and intolerances, so a recipe that requires ice cream (of any sort) will only work for one person. The Dole Whip mixture is vegan and nut-free, so it works for everyone at home.

Plus, dairy-free ice cream is so freaking expensive! This gigantic bag of dole whip mix looks like a bargain in comparison :laughing:

I'm trying really hard no to apply for the Amex Gold... DH's Brilliant fee will post next week, so it's not a good month for the Gold but I don't know how long the 50K MRs with $2K spend will be around.

And we really could use more URs instead of the MRs. I should just stick to the plan and apply for another Chase Biz card. I had 2 CIP fees budgeted for May.

I think we have an addiction now....

I love the Lego Town sets. They are soooo cool. DH doesn't like them as much, so we compromised with Hogwarts. I hope you have a blast putting these together. I saw them at the Lego Store and they look really, really nice.

Yay!!! It sure was something trying to get those tickets - phew! We are staying at a Marriott brand about 10 minutes away. I figure we'll drive to the parking lot EARLY to avoid traffic. After the concert, we're spending a few nights in Boston since I've never been. Its fun having a 20 year old. Keeps me young. :)
Don't remind me about those tickets! It was a long night and we still didn't get tickets. We are also staying a few nights in Boston since we have never been.

I love the Lego Town sets. They are soooo cool. DH doesn't like them as much, so we compromised with Hogwarts. I hope you have a blast putting these together. I saw them at the Lego Store and they look really, really nice.
We originally wanted hogwarts or Cinderella’s castle but the town ones are so much fun! I love that you can piece them together however you want. They have so much detail

We originally wanted hogwarts or Cinderella’s castle but the town ones are so much fun! I love that you can piece them together however you want. They have so much detail

The Cinderella Castle looks fabulous, too. The town is great because you can keep adding to it and designing a nice little town. Did the first set arrive yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter