I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am a newbie here on this thread. Recently purchased DVC contract so family and I will have more regular visits (not that we didn't regularly visit before every other year, its just that we know now we will be definitely traveling more often). Looking into signing up for another travel rewards credit card. Per the pinned post here are our particulars.

I am primary on these with my husband as an authorized user on the Chase Disney rewards card.
Cards Opened in the last 2 years:
11/18 - American Eagle Rewards VISA
05-06/19 - Macy's Star Rewards AMEX
10/19 - CHASE Disney Premier VISA

Note that we also have a regular Chase Disney Rewards as well, with my husband and son both as Authorized users -- I would like to either change that over to one of the other Chase cards or eliminate it altogether if it makes more sense to get a different travel rewards card and/or it can't be converted--not sure if Chase does this, or if we would need to close that card and just open a new one. We have several other credit cards as well (e.g. Discover cashback, Kohls/Lowes/other dept store cards) but have had those longer than 2 yrs.
  • We typically spend about $2-3k+ on groceries, gas, restaurants and other expenses each month on our credit
  • We currently payoff our CCs in full every month and have only carried any balances when it is 0% interest-(Disney vacations).
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?-- Newark and occasionally Philadelphia or Trenton-Mercer airports if flights work out better.
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? - currently have United Mileage Plus, but haven't made use of miles since have not flown enough before miles expired
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? - not really. Any time we have checked, Southwest is not having flights --not direct anyway to our destinations out of the airports we have checked in our area.
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? I am signed up through work for Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors. Again, have not stayed frequently enough to this point to make much use of those rewards aside from a gift card
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)-- currently at 0 miles due to expiry for Mileage Plus, 0 for Hilton Honors and small amount for Marriott Bonvoy.
  • What are your specific goals for churning credit cards? Would like to be able to use Disney reward dollars to pay dues for DVC or for tickets/food when at disney on our trips, as well as pay for flights, get upgrades on flights, get free checked bags and/or early boarding-- TSA pre-check sounds wonderful as well.
  • When do you plan to take these trips? planning our first trip back to Disney in December. We have plenty of rewards dollars earned thus far to go towards our goals there (thanks to DVC purchase), but looking to start earning miles/points for flights on this year's trip and to use for future trips
  • Who does your travel party consist of? We are family of 5 - me, husband and 3 sons ages 19, 17, 12
I've been looking at Chase Sapphire, or Chase Unlimited Rewards, Chase United Mileage Explorer, and possibly the JetBlue card since JetBlue flies out of Newark and generally has many flights. JetBlue also flies to Reno, which could be beneficial since we have close family in that area and may occasionally travel there. Just not sure which is best. Perhaps a combo?

I think that covers it. Hope I have done this correctly :)

Thanks in advance

start off with Chase Sapphire cards as Ultimate Rewards can transfer to both United and JetBlue. Seems like lots of direct flights from EWR-->MCO on United.
Another possibility to see if getting Citi TYP cards. They also transfer to JetBlue and Turkish. Turkish will be used to purchase United Flights at i believe 10k per leg pp.
With a Family of 5, you may want to see if Southwest can route you there. Southwest has companion pass, if you are able to get it for say you and your husband, then u basically pay for 3 tickets for a family of 5. its an idea, but if it it doesnt route u there then maybe not go for CP.
once you start acquiring some premium cards, you should be able to get TSA pre. I would highly suggest GE over TSA pre though since u get quick access through immigration. a single visit can be worth a lot. 5 though, would take a bit to acquire for free though depending on how fast you churn.
Marriott is a great brand for hotels. since Disney is on your mind, Swan and Dolphin are both Marriott properties so u can also consider those in the mix.

sorry, i answered it all in random order... still a bit early for me. Let us know if you have any more specific questions.

Looking at DH's Southwest CP. Looks like he will be 4,000 miles short to renew his CP. I know it's extended until 6/30/2021, but we have 2 trips planned for the end of 2021.
I'm thinking about booking a hotel through SW booking portal. Has anyone had any issues with those extra points posting? How long does it take to post? I would like to wait closer to Nov/Dec to book something.

Check your Amex offers, DH has the following on his Brilliant
Offer merchant logo

Spend $100 or more, get $10 back. Up to 2 times (total of $20).
Amazon.com
I was just coming on to post about this. i got this on one of my Amex cards and my DH got a similar offer except his only has a $50 spend! Haven’t been on the boards as much lately. Hopelessly behind but will try to read more to catch up!

Hello CC peeps!

Long time no see. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on disputing a charge for an item that never showed up?

I ordered an item it came with a tracking number for a French website, at least I'm pretty sure it was French. Never got an email receipt with a confirmation or anything. It's been 3 weeks today. Still no package. I reached out to the merchant for the tracking number because I can't find it, and there's no way to bring the order up on the website. All I have is the order number written in my notebook, and they said that they couldn't give me the tracking number or tell me wether or not the order was shipped??? I know the post is slow because of COVID but something feels fishy. And I haven't disputed a charge in probably 2 years. Do I have a case?

ETA: The company says they're based in Boston. So the French tracking number always seemed a little weird to me.

Hello CC peeps!

Long time no see. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on disputing a charge for an item that never showed up?

I ordered an item it came with a tracking number for a French website, at least I'm pretty sure it was French. Never got an email receipt with a confirmation or anything. It's been 3 weeks today. Still no package. I reached out to the merchant for the tracking number because I can't find it, and there's no way to bring the order up on the website. All I have is the order number written in my notebook, and they said that they couldn't give me the tracking number or tell me wether or not the order was shipped??? I know the post is slow because of COVID but something feels fishy. And I haven't disputed a charge in probably 2 years. Do I have a case?

ETA: The company says they're based in Boston. So the French tracking number always seemed a little weird to me.

What credit card company are you speaking about?
I did not have to follow through and actually dispute a charge as I was able to get my issue resolved.

I read all the 'dispute' info on Chase Mastercard - first thing they will ask you to call. They recommend that you try first to work with the company as things seem to get resolved faster that way. It took almost 2 weeks for my issue to resolve working with the merchant.

I would suggest you call your CC company and discuss the issue with them/and or read up on the process on the CC website. Chase was quite clear, but it would be best to know what your timeline is.

In dealing with the company, have you escalated to a supervisor or did you talk just to whoever answered the phone? Without details, it could be a one horse business or a scam or just really slow delivery/shipping. But, I would know my timeline for the dispute before allowing any more time to pass.

Hello CC peeps!

I disputed a charge with Chase for an item that I didn’t think was ever going to show up. I ordered it in April and received confirmation and a tracking number. It was coming from China and the tracking just showed it sitting in China waiting to enter postal system for 2.5 months. I got tired of waiting and disputed the charge because the company kept giving me the run around. I just filled out the dispute a charge thing on the app. Never did anything else. About a month later chase told me they resolved it in my favor. A few days later in July, the item finally showed up.

What credit card company are you speaking about?
I did not have to follow through and actually dispute a charge as I was able to get my issue resolved.

I read all the 'dispute' info on Chase Mastercard - first thing they will ask you to call. They recommend that you try first to work with the company as things seem to get resolved faster that way. It took almost 2 weeks for my issue to resolve working with the merchant.

I would suggest you call your CC company and discuss the issue with them/and or read up on the process on the CC website. Chase was quite clear, but it would be best to know what your timeline is.

In dealing with the company, have you escalated to a supervisor or did you talk just to whoever answered the phone? Without details, it could be a one horse business or a scam or just really slow delivery/shipping. But, I would know my timeline for the dispute before allowing any more time to pass.

It's a Chase Visa. I emailed because they don't have a phone number on the website, and they told me they can't give me any information on my order. I saw a couple people complaining about this website because they claim they are based in Boston, MA and they make and ship all the products themselves but the packages are coming from Bangkok and they're coming empty.

I disputed a charge with Chase for an item that I didn’t think was ever going to show up. I ordered it in April and received confirmation and a tracking number. It was coming from China and the tracking just showed it sitting in China waiting to enter postal system for 2.5 months. I got tired of waiting and disputed the charge because the company kept giving me the run around. I just filled out the dispute a charge thing on the app. Never did anything else. About a month later chase told me they resolved it in my favor. A few days later in July, the item finally showed up.

I'll just dispute it then. Thanks! :)

Hi friends, has anyone here ever booked a discounted confirmed DVC reservation? Any downsides beside being totally nontransferable/nonrefundable/nonchangeable? I'm seeing some AMAZING deals right now that I can't take advantage of but might want to in the future, especially if there is less of an advantage in booking in time for the 60-day FP window.

Also, my Hyatt SUB points posted to my Hyatt account within two days of the close of the statement on which I met the MSR, so nights 2/5 of my Tokyo stay for next May are booked. Whee!

once you start acquiring some premium cards, you should be able to get TSA pre. I would highly suggest GE over TSA pre though since u get quick access through immigration. a single visit can be worth a lot. 5 though, would take a bit to acquire for free though depending on how fast you churn.
Quick way to do this if you qualify for membership. Navy Federal Credit Union's Flagship card. It gives a GE or Pre credit every four years, but does so for each card on the account, including AU. For a $49 AF you can add everyone else as an AU and get credits for everyone. I have confirmed this both with NavyFed and by doing it to get Pre for both my wife and I.

Quick way to do this if you qualify for membership. Navy Federal Credit Union's Flagship card. It gives a GE or Pre credit every four years, but does so for each card on the account, including AU. For a $49 AF you can add everyone else as an AU and get credits for everyone. I have confirmed this both with NavyFed and by doing it to get Pre for both my wife and I.
Same. You are limited to 4 AUs. We've used the GE credit on the primary and 3 AUs so far. If eligible, this is a great card. I only wish I could get one more AU on there.

I didn't see this on here yet but it looks like Hyatt is extending some of the current promotions and adding some additional bonuses!
https://onemileatatime.com/world-of-hyatt-promotion/DH has been working on a project in Bethesda, MD since mid-June and we have been loving the WOH program so far. He's Lifetime Titanium with Marriot but most of the Hyatt properties in the greater DC area are less expensive than the Marriott properties. The "Milestone" awards are nice too. He received his Chase Hyatt cc July 10th and we are hoping he hits Globalist status beginning of October. At this job he receives a lump sum amount for lodging and some of the Hyatt Place locations have been as low as $64/nt and they have grab and go breakfast included. It is taking longer to meet the msr on the card but we have been able to put some extra money into our savings account. :-)

Anyone have a favorite WDW Reservation line number that they like to use to pay off the rest of their room-only trips since it cannot be done online? I didn't know if one number worked differently/better from any other number.

Just regular- not Group- reservations.

Just trying to decide how long I can commit to waiting on hold today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter