I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very kind of you to remember!

I had booked about a week's worth of hotels using Chase URs, yes. (The other few days I had originally booked the "normal" way and then I was going to try to rebook with points after I had received another SUB).

Yes, I canceled the Kyoto hotel (it made me cry to do it) and those URs immediately went back into my account. So I am happy to continue with Chase IF they'll allow me to, but they literally just approved me for the CSP about 3 weeks ago so I'm not sure 1- if they'd approve yet another card so soon... it would have to be a personal I think? and 2- if there are even any other Chase cards with nice SUBs worth considering.

I do wish to look into Japan again... what I am mostly hoping for is that my VS miles (which are now of course stuck in VS forever) will still be "good" to rebook on ANA when the time comes and that I have enough of some sort of points to cover hotels again.

I'm just so worried about what international travel may look like, even in a year.

You might consider the Hilton with amex, if you don't get the popup. If you go to TDLR you can use it there, or I'm sure they have other properties. Otherwise I'd wait on chase and figure out a non chase card you are good with. If there's nothing specific aside from Japan, I'm not sure, it would depend on what goal you have. Sometimes just hanging tight and using what you have, especially now, is the way to go if there's no other goal than gaining more UR.

You might consider the Hilton with amex, if you don't get the popup. If you go to TDLR you can use it there, or I'm sure they have other properties. Otherwise I'd wait on chase and figure out a non chase card you are good with. If there's nothing specific aside from Japan, I'm not sure, it would depend on what goal you have. Sometimes just hanging tight and using what you have, especially now, is the way to go if there's no other goal than gaining more UR.
Ah, forgot to mention I do have the Hilton Amex Biz that I had originally gotten with the intent to use it mostly for TDL.

The funny thing is I had gotten the popup twice when going for the Aspire (I was actually going to choke down that AF!!!) and then we decided we didn't have time for TDL after all on this trip, so I gave up trying without being too sad about it.

I wonder what Amex would do now if I tried... I will think on it. Thanks!

And yes I agree that laying low for awhile is not necessarily a bad thing.

Ah, forgot to mention I do have the Hilton Amex Biz that I had originally gotten with the intent to use it mostly for TDL.

The funny thing is I had gotten the popup twice when going for the Aspire (I was actually going to choke down that AF!!!) and then we decided we didn't have time for TDL after all on this trip, so I gave up trying without being too sad about it.

I wonder what Amex would do now if I tried... I will think on it. Thanks!

And yes I agree that laying low for awhile is not necessarily a bad thing.

I was going to suggest the Aspire if you want to stay at Hiltons. Otherwise, know that you can transfer MRs to Hilton at a 1:2 ratio.

I’d be pretty concerned too if I had a later trip. We had considered a mid December but now I’m leaning more to turning in our APs. I think Disney has to increase capacity to make staying open sustainable. Without FP+, lines will be long and the way they have the queues laid out for distancing really can’t take many more people without them filling the walkways. Idk. They’re in a tough spot. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Our HS days were very busy, especially the second one. Word is getting out that Disney is low crowds right now. We had people asking us at the airport last night “looks like you just came from Disney, how was it?” 😬

So glad you enjoyed your trip! We had a blast and were truly blown away with the low crowds. I also felt our HS days were more crowded than the other parks. I figured it was mainly due to it being the smallest park and having the most new and highly sought after rides. HS has been booked solid for APs without resort reservations too.

We had so much fun and really felt they did a great job with everything as far as cleaning and social distancing is concerned. DS was a bit different for us, as it seemed to be the place with with least amount of compliance and enforcement with things. I saw way too many people walking around without their masks on properly or at all and it seemed to not be enforced much until someone tried to enter a store or something.

We will be back on 9/3, so it will be interesting to see the difference in crowds by then. Hoping to do November also and I fully expect to see a good increase in crowds by then, but still nothing like our previous November trips. I agree about the word getting out. I think tons of people saw just how empty it's been and all decided to book trips. I personally know over a dozen families who have booked "last minute" trips for sometime in the next month due to seeing posts on FB with low crowds.

So glad you enjoyed your trip! We had a blast and were truly blown away with the low crowds. I also felt our HS days were more crowded than the other parks. I figured it was mainly due to it being the smallest park and having the most new and highly sought after rides. HS has been booked solid for APs without resort reservations too.

We had so much fun and really felt they did a great job with everything as far as cleaning and social distancing is concerned. DS was a bit different for us, as it seemed to be the place with with least amount of compliance and enforcement with things. I saw way too many people walking around without their masks on properly or at all and it seemed to not be enforced much until someone tried to enter a store or something.

We will be back on 9/3, so it will be interesting to see the difference in crowds by then. Hoping to do November also and I fully expect to see a good increase in crowds by then, but still nothing like our previous November trips. I agree about the word getting out. I think tons of people saw just how empty it's been and all decided to book trips. I personally know over a dozen families who have booked "last minute" trips for sometime in the next month due to seeing posts on FB with low crowds.
Same! We've seen several families who have seen on social media how empty the parks have been and decided to book. I have not posted anything on my 'not at all active' social media. I refuse to advertise that the parks are slow lol.
We did have such a great trip! Hoped to somehow see you but I guess we never crossed paths. I saw a lady on our first MK day that I thought might be you but I was unsure so I didn't say anything. I should have! I'm pretty not-shy so I am not sure why I didn't ask her. I will, literally, talk to anyone...!

That's very kind of you to remember!

I had booked about a week's worth of hotels using Chase URs, yes. (The other few days I had originally booked the "normal" way and then I was going to try to rebook with points after I had received another SUB).

Yes, I canceled the Kyoto hotel (it made me cry to do it) and those URs immediately went back into my account. So I am happy to continue with Chase IF they'll allow me to, but they literally just approved me for the CSP about 3 weeks ago so I'm not sure 1- if they'd approve yet another card so soon... it would have to be a personal I think? and 2- if there are even any other Chase cards with nice SUBs worth considering.

I do wish to look into Japan again... what I am mostly hoping for is that my VS miles (which are now of course stuck in VS forever) will still be "good" to rebook on ANA when the time comes and that I have enough of some sort of points to cover hotels again.

I'm just so worried about what international travel may look like, even in a year.
We’re still holding out hope that we’ll be able to go to Japan. We’ve talked about next year in the fall maybe but it’s so hard. I’m not sure I’d want to commit the points this fall to book first class with virgin

Well, funny you should mention this. My cart was cleaned by me at the cart cleaning station. Wiped it down and went about my shopping.

I have to say that the people in my community for the most part are observant of all the rules of mask wearing and social distancing. I've been proud and impressed.

Anyway, store was not busy but people were great. When I got to checkout I didn't even know there was a new procedure so I was surprised when I was directed to put my cart in front for the cashier to put my stuff in it. So, yes, my Aldi is following the safety rule. I haven't been in the other 2 Aldi's close to me - 1 that is about 2 miles away and the other near my Costco. If I stop at them I'll pay more attention. This is only my second Aldi's visit since March.

They did have some 65% alcohol hand sanitizer for $3.49. I bought some for each car so that when I come out of a store I can use it before getting into my car. I sit it on the driver's seat so it gets used before I get in.
I'm glad your store is doing it right. I'm not usually one for complaining, but I decided to contact Aldi through their website to let them know what was going on.

Same! We've seen several families who have seen on social media how empty the parks have been and decided to book. I have not posted anything on my 'not at all active' social media. I refuse to advertise that the parks are slow lol.
We did have such a great trip! Hoped to somehow see you but I guess we never crossed paths. I saw a lady on our first MK day that I thought might be you but I was unsure so I didn't say anything. I should have! I'm pretty not-shy so I am not sure why I didn't ask her. I will, literally, talk to anyone...!

Wish we had seen each other.....and maybe we did and just didn't know it. LOL We were just having so much fun enjoying the low crowds, I wasn't paying close attention to the families around us.

CSP - Kroger 4x - Disney GC question:

I'm in Kroger territory currently, and can use family's Kroger rewards to buy Disney GCs.
Gift cards are 4x right now, and I think Kroger sells Disney GCs.
I can use the Fuel Rewards (if I beat the family to the gas station :D), and can use the GCs.
Think I can use my new CSP for 1.25x if I move URs to it?

Do they need to do anything special, like loading the 4x onto their account?
Does this sound like a reasonably good deal?

Using the 4x fuel points at Kroger can be a great deal. You do need their loyalty card, and you need to log on to your account to load the 4x digital coupon onto your loyalty card. As far as using a CSP to buy the gift cards and using the 1.25 to pay yourself back, it would be an easy way to use your URs if you have a specific goal with the gift cards (like Disney). If not, a card that earns more at grocery stores might be better and you can save your URs for something else. Either way, I love using the 4x deals at Kroger. It’s different rules in different states, but for me it works out to 14% savings even without considering credit cards rewards.

We should have been experiencing this 🛫tonight😢🐨🇦🇺🍾instead we are at 🏡😡🇺🇸 and I am ready for DS to be a 🐶pug dad. (Now to convince DH.) Today should have been a day of sheer happiness and the start to a great Aussie adventure!
I hear you. We should have been leaving next Friday for a few days in Seattle before heading to Vancouver for our Alaska Disney Cruise.

And good luck getting DH on board with the pug.

Wish we had seen each other.....and maybe we did and just didn't know it. LOL We were just having so much fun enjoying the low crowds, I wasn't paying close attention to the families around us.
The masks make it hard too to recognize someone. The low crowds were awesome!!

I'm glad your store is doing it right. I'm not usually one for complaining, but I decided to contact Aldi through their website to let them know what was going on.

Thank you for following up on it. If we all act as if we don't mind the mishaps, the store will not be as vigilant. I have one I'm going to call about as 2 employees weren't properly masked and one was serving a customer who was without a mask. We have a county compliance team who goes to the business and educates.

I had to take my van over to get the AC charged a couple of weeks ago. Walked to the door and realized I'd forgotten my mask. Guy behind the counter quickly got me a disposable one. They know me there and appreciate my business from 3 of my vehicles, so they weren't about to let me leave. Service is key to me. They also took care of my issue in less than an hour - waited for a bay as it was hot as hades - and charged me top dollar. I can pay and did so happily.

Noticed a new Amex offer-$50 off $200 at Marriott.

They put it on my old Optima card = MR's. Why would I use that card to pay for a Marriott property when I have 3 Amex Marriott cards that earn Marriott rewards? And yes, I know it's $50 or 25% rebate but I will only spend the cash on my Marriott branded cards as I truly don't have a need for $50 off room rate but would use it in conjunction with a stay for dinners, etc. Over a 3 night stay I could easily do $200 on extra charges when family is there.

Hopefully it will get added to one of the other cards. I'll be watching.

Has anyone been able to use the AT&T offer of $35 back after 2 purchases over $15 each, if you don’t have AT&T ?
We have Verizon so trying to figure If/how it could be used

I had one of these offers a couple months ago.....bought 2 different $15 items from the store and it credited....but I think it was $75 back so it was a little more "worth it."

Using the 4x fuel points at Kroger can be a great deal. You do need their loyalty card, and you need to log on to your account to load the 4x digital coupon onto your loyalty card. As far as using a CSP to buy the gift cards and using the 1.25 to pay yourself back, it would be an easy way to use your URs if you have a specific goal with the gift cards (like Disney). If not, a card that earns more at grocery stores might be better and you can save your URs for something else. Either way, I love using the 4x deals at Kroger. It’s different rules in different states, but for me it works out to 14% savings even without considering credit cards rewards.
Sounds good!
I will use the Disney GCs to pay for DVC dues and since my only use so far for URs has been cashing out at 1cpp this is a 25% bonus!

ETA: So how much should I buy if I could use 30 gallons at say $2 per gallon?
$500 GC with 4x is 2,000 pts, worth $2 per gallon discount, right?

Last edited:
They put it on my old Optima card = MR's. Why would I use that card to pay for a Marriott property when I have 3 Amex Marriott cards that earn Marriott rewards? And yes, I know it's $50 or 25% rebate but I will only spend the cash on my Marriott branded cards as I truly don't have a need for $50 off room rate but would use it in conjunction with a stay for dinners, etc. Over a 3 night stay I could easily do $200 on extra charges when family is there.

Hopefully it will get added to one of the other cards. I'll be watching.
Not on any of my Marriott cards either. Only on my BCE snd BBP.

Weird thing just happened. I got a text message on my phone from Amex (in the thread about my Amex Hilton, which I actually don't use except to pay the bug man every other month). It said "We've received a request to replace your card. If you didn't make this request call us at....".

I definitely didn't request a replacement and both that Hilton card and my BBP are in my wallet (I just looked). When I called them they said they saw no requests to replace anything.

So... it's just weird.

Anyone else experienced that, and if so, what was the outcome?

Weird thing just happened. I got a text message on my phone from Amex (in the thread about my Amex Hilton, which I actually don't use except to pay the bug man every other month). It said "We've received a request to replace your card. If you didn't make this request call us at....".

I definitely didn't request a replacement and both that Hilton card and my BBP are in my wallet (I just looked). When I called them they said they saw no requests to replace anything.

So... it's just weird.

Anyone else experienced that, and if so, what was the outcome?

Two things. Do you already get text alerts from amex? If you do, was it the same number, format etc? If not I'd say it's fishing esp if you called the number on the back of your card. All my amex texts come from 692639.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter