I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I block unknown numbers too. I once blocked my BFF because she kept calling from a number I didn't know about (and never left a message). 😆

I sit my phone on the pad charger a lot during the day and it's so annoying to run from another room for a spam call. But I give each number a couple of chances to leave a message. Then they are blocked so I don't have to hear the rings.

I sit my phone on the pad charger a lot during the day and it's so annoying to run from another room for a spam call. But I give each number a couple of chances to leave a message. Then they are blocked so I don't have to hear the rings.

The annoying thing about working from home and having my calls forwarded. Most show that it's forwarded so I know it's work. My one advantage is I haven't changed my number since I moved home from NC years ago so most of my spam calls come from there. Which means most of the calls with WA area codes are real calls. It's the other states I'm never sure of and just let go to vm.

ppl have been seeing it on cobrand(ie delta) personal card and Plat. Not seen on Marriott and gold card.
Yeah, it's not on my Marriott or Gold (personal or biz) card, nor either Hilton card (understandably), but it's on both of my Plats and BBP and BCE. I'll probably stick it on the BBP if I don't see it show up in my Marriott in a couple of weeks.

I've not kept up well with reading through everything, but I hope everyone's doing well during this time, and my condolences to those who have experienced loss.

I seem to recall that there were a few people in this group that have adopted and I was wondering if you had any advice for travel insurance? We're planning hopeful travel for 2021 but we know full well that if we're placed, we won't be able to actually travel. I haven't had much luck finding trip insurance policies that give me confidence that a placement of a child would qualify as a covered event. Does anyone have any advice for this situation?
We had cancel for any reason insurance with med evac but honestly we had our referral March 2 and flew out of O'Hare March 31 so there wasn't much planning ahead.
They want you to book travel now for a trip that may not happen?

ETA I think I misread your post. You want to buy travel insurance for vacation not an adoption trip? Same advice though. Buy cancel for any reason insurance if you book anything non refundable. Actually anything I book right now is refundable since who knows what will happen.

Last edited:
AF charged on my AMEX Delta Gold on the 28th. Called today and had it downgraded to a Blue. I was told that the AF would be pro-rated from my last anniversary date. Does that seem right to all of you? My understanding was that you had 30 days from when they charged the AF to make the change and get it all back.
Unfortunately with AmEx PC's are prorated regardless of when you do it. If you were to cancel within the 30 days you'd get a full refund. (Aside from a few states that require it, cancelling outside of 30 days gets no refund. ) One would think that a PC within that window would be the same, but historically has not been the case and seems to match what the reps say, at least for the last few years.

ETA: found an old post from last year when a few members did the same thing, they also were prorated: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60621242

Last edited:
With Chase biz cards off the table for a while, I would like to break DH out of 5/24. He’s at 4/24 and has a CSP already. The only other cards I’m interested in are Southwest and now the Freedom cards. I was going to do a SW double dip, but I’m now considering switching to the Freedom cards. The 5x grocery is very appealing. What are your thoughts on a Freedom MDD? Is that even a thing?

Today my district made the call to start the school year online. The superintendent is asking the board to approve it next week. Only 10% of teachers said they were comfortable going back. Honestly I didn't mind going back BUT, my AC sucks and it's 10000000 degrees in my room when it's -11 outside. So in Aug/Sept with crappy AC and no windows, and masks all day, I would have passed out. Teachers were going to be expected to clean between classes. And we were going to be hybrid A/B days. So instead of 6 different classes I'd be doing 12, and then who would be doing the online, because that would be like 18 preps!

So with that said, I'm looking to find a place to remote teach in September, LOL. The BF was teasing me about taking off September and heading to Hawaii. I told him today, now I can go, LOL.

Totally :offtopic:...butparty::flower1::dogdance::yay: Hockey is back..getting ready to watch the Islanders.
I know we have Hockey Moms here, are kids playing where you are...although mine are way past playing travel hockey I keep up with it and here on LI they aren’t yet..

MI hockey mom here. We got our season cancelled during playoffs. My son's team won the division for the season but had just lost in the semis for the playoffs. So I think they get to be the sole winners this year, LOL. We didn't get spring hockey or spring hockey tryouts. Fall tryouts haven't happened yet either. Teams were allowed to offer spots to last year's players. So technically he has a team.

MI is still on super lockdown, so lots of the AAA teams hit the OH border buying up and and all ice when OH opened rinks. My son plays AA. His rink isn't open (it's owned by the city). But private rinks have started to open illegally, especially in the areas where the sheriffs have said they won't enforce orders. They have been buying ice times and asking us not to wear our jerseys, LOL. So the kids all wear them inside out.

My daughter has been allowed to have soccer practices. To be honest, these kids NEED to be doing something. I realize that hockey can spread fluids, but most of the kids wear the bubble vs the cage, so how is that any different than a shield/mask? And they've asked the kids wear masks in the locker room and bring their own water.

I'm really hoping my daughter gets to play soccer this fall. She's in a new club. And since she's HS it's only fall now. I just had to drop $500 on uniforms and I'll be HELLA mad if they don't play!

With Chase biz cards off the table for a while, I would like to break DH out of 5/24. He’s at 4/24 and has a CSP already. The only other cards I’m interested in are Southwest and now the Freedom cards. I was going to do a SW double dip, but I’m now considering switching to the Freedom cards. The 5x grocery is very appealing. What are your thoughts on a Freedom MDD? Is that even a thing?

i dont think its a thing. 1) there isnt any restrictions on bonuses(ie 1 sapphire product per customer). 2) not a big SUB.
you should be able to apply for both with no issues as long as 5/24 doesnt stop u.

Not really credit card related, but since we've had to cancel so many trips and who knows when we'll be able to travel again, we decided to add another member to the family today!

Screenshot_20200731-235034.png

The tail never stops wagging! I'm actually embarrassed because she is so much better behaved than the spoiled rotten excuse for a dog we already have. Maybe she'll be a good influence on her older sister. 🤣

Not really credit card related, but since we've had to cancel so many trips and who knows when we'll be able to travel again, we decided to add another member to the family today!

The tail never stops wagging! I'm actually embarrassed because she is so much better behaved than the spoiled rotten excuse for a dog we already have. Maybe she'll be a good influence on her older sister. 🤣
Congrats!! Enjoy your new family member!! That's so fun. We are getting another as well, in October, for the same reasons! We have to wait for the bundle to be born.. he's currently in his momma's belly, haha, but we can't wait!

Does the Amex Plat $200 airline credit take a while to reflect on the dashboard? I paid June 25 for a mileage multiplier to get something from the useless (this year) credit and got the $133 credit a few days later. The dashboard on the home page still says $200 to go through Dec. 31, 2020. I doubt I will spend the balance although I wish they would repurpose it to something useful for this year, at least. ETA: I guess the important thing is does it matter whether the dashboard updates or not?

This year is so incredibly crazy. We are under Tropical Storm Watch here in Miami-Dade and no one is batting an eye. We are actually heading out to look at tiles and appliances. I am an engineer and I have a really hard time with design decisions. Anyone have Kitchen-Aid appliances? I went to an appliance store (not big box) and the guy came back with a $26k estimate for Jenn-Air appliances - ummmm, no way I can go that high. We bought a basic package for our rental apartment a couple of years ago for about $3k but I want better quality appliances in the new kitchen but I don't need them Million Dollar Listing high end. We cook every day. Right now, I'm pricing out Kitchen Aid, LG, and Samsung. I think, any other suggestions?

This year is so incredibly crazy. We are under Tropical Storm Watch here in Miami-Dade and no one is batting an eye. We are actually heading out to look at tiles and appliances. I am an engineer and I have a really hard time with design decisions. Anyone have Kitchen-Aid appliances? I went to an appliance store (not big box) and the guy came back with a $26k estimate for Jenn-Air appliances - ummmm, no way I can go that high. We bought a basic package for our rental apartment a couple of years ago for about $3k but I want better quality appliances in the new kitchen but I don't need them Million Dollar Listing high end. We cook every day. Right now, I'm pricing out Kitchen Aid, LG, and Samsung. I think, any other suggestions?
We’re under a hurricane warning where we live and hardly anyone is putting up shutters. We haven’t put ours up yet but I think we most likely will. We’re sandwiched in between two tall houses and we’re only a one story so that definitely helps.

Congrats!! Enjoy your new family member!! That's so fun. We are getting another as well, in October, for the same reasons! We have to wait for the bundle to be born.. he's currently in his momma's belly, haha, but we can't wait!
What type of pup are you getting? I think I am ready to cave on DS becoming a pug dad since he has decided to do his 1st semester online of 9th grade. Just need to get DH onboard. I figure this will be the replacement for the missing brother or sister.

We have GE Profile appliances that are in the same price range and have been very happy with them. They are 16 years and we have never had a problem.

What type of pup are you getting? I think I am ready to cave on DS becoming a pug dad since he has decided to do his 1st semester online of 9th grade. Just need to get DH onboard. I figure this will be the replacement for the missing brother or sister.
Yes!! One of the great perks of working/schooling from home is more time to train a dog. And I love pug puppies! We are getting a Boston Terrier (we already have one who’s 3). We love the breed. And I’m an absolute sucker for the smooshed faces :love:

Freedom MDD at 4/24 can definitely be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter