I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I book w/ AA miles all the time. You can change your dates whenever you want. If you want to avoid the fee to get your points back, you just have to keep the same to/from. I think otherwises it's $150 to get the points back. But you can literally change just before the flight if needed.
this is such a confusing policy....it appears you can't do this...which makes me nervous using AA..... but as long as your origin and destination are the same it works? Does it work on cash reservations too?

I signed up yesterday. I didn't realize I had to wait to get the coupon mailed to me. I guess I don't know any details of it, lol, what are the restrictions? She said I should have it next week.
on the landing page at the bottom is a huge list of what you can't buy with the $50 voucher. That said, it's probably a good idea to get one now with the deal ,I don't have one yet,and there's no hard pull (right?)

Shootskies, I could possible REALLY need this, BUT, I don't know if I will know if I need it by 10/7. Oy.

Amex typically runs a 25% transfer bonus to Hawaiian for a few weeks once a year, if that helps your planning any.

In 2018, it ran from about 6/12 - 6/26
In 2017, from about 6/7 - 6/21
In 2016, from about 6/8 - 6/21
In 2015, from about 12/8 - 12/21

If you're looking at redeeming HawaiianMiles, you might want to consider the HawaiianMiles credit card (not clear how the bonus stacks up right now). Holding the HawaiianMiles credit card gives you access to discounted economy flight awards on Hawaiian, so a low one-way saver fare from the West Coast<>Hawaii of 20k miles is available to HawaiianMiles cardmembers for 17.5k miles. Note that Hawaiian uses kind of a dynamic scale for award seats based on inventory and demand, so that main cabin economy award fare can range from as low as 20k to as high as 90k (17.5k-85k for cardmembers and elites). Being a HawaiianMiles cardmember also lets anyone transfer their HawaiianMiles into your account for free, which makes it easy to pool points with the cardmember who has access to the discounted award fares.

So I'm trying to remember why it was I wanted to try and churn the Hilton Biz, and free Hilton before the AF hits on my Aspire (in Jan). Was it just so I could PC the Aspire to the free hilton and then have 2 I could possibly upgrade later? I only have 1 open Amex spot right now that I was looking to fill with the Hilton Biz. But I'm also in pop-up land, though I've now managed to spend nicely across ALL my amex the past 2 months. I think I'm going to try for the Hilton Biz again and see.

Questions about the AA Citi Biz. I know the train is derailing.....I'm looking at starting an LLC and getting an EIN. So far all my business cards have been under my photography business (which has been a legit business for 14 years), which is a sole prop, and I haven't had/needed an EIN. I'm assuming Citi ties the rewards to the person and not the business/EIN/etc? I need more AA miles....and the darn Barclay Biz keeps denying me. Once I get my CIP I can go for the AA Citi (personal) and hope someday Barclay will like me again to get more AA miles. Other than that, I have to get them through normal spend I guess.

this is such a confusing policy....it appears you can't do this...which makes me nervous using AA..... but as long as your origin and destination are the same it works? Does it work on cash reservations too?

I've totally rebooked award flights w/ AA. You can do it at anytime, but has to be the same to/from. If you booked reduced mileage awards (which 95% of my flight are) the airports either have to still be discounted on your new dates, or you have to pay the difference in miles. Cash you fall victim to whatever your ticket rules for rebooking are.

Last edited:
on the landing page at the bottom is a huge list of what you can't buy with the $50 voucher. That said, it's probably a good idea to get one now with the deal ,I don't have one yet,and there's no hard pull (right?)
However..... I don't see gc listed(?) can this be right?

Love your numbers!!!! I'll definitely be asking you (the UO expert) more questions soon! I'm really thinking I like the idea of buying tix thru UR portal and then upgrading to AP over there....
Yep - I'm planning to follow in @amalone1013 's footsteps and get a couple of APs that way!

Dh and I both got the 20% back on biz cards and we each got the 10% back on personal.
Sigh... between my 5 Amexs and DH's 2, we got nothing!

I did it in store and I think I asked her 3 times are you sure you are doing the Debit and not the Credit card, right? lol I got nervous when it asked my SSN and birthdate and such. But I didn't get a credit karma alert, so I guess it is all good.

I'm so sad / mad at myself :mad:. I applied for the barclaycard arrival+ for DH and myself and I missed the spend deadline for DH's card. I had plenty to put on it too. I don't know what I was thinking - I don't know if I thought the spend was only $4,000 and I was done or that I had longer or what, but I totally missed the boat on it.

I messaged them to see if there was anything at all that could be done, but in my heart I know what they are going to say :(. I was going to use the 70,000 bonus points from each card to pay most of the rental fees for a house for DD2's graduation next May. Everything is SO expensive down there during prime weekends and this would have at least eased the blow of paying an arm and a leg to have a place to stay.

At this point, I guess I still need to wait for the year to cancel? Can I ever re-apply with barclay to try again to get the bonus points?
By how much? If you only missed by a couple weeks put the spend on there today and see if the bonus posts.

I know, I am booking the air also it's such a pain over spring break, takes the fun out of planning.

My realtor also told me I didn't need to do that also. But I think because it was already done. Sounded like a one time treatment done at the time the house was built.?

I added into the formula the fact that they instantly reimbursed me $150 for sunglasses I lost in the ocean, no questions asked.
No it’s not a one time system. When we moved into our house we had to pay for it to be reinstalled from the previous owner. It doesn’t carry over to each owner. We also pay for a termite bond. They come out every so often and check the system. I’m not sure if they replace what’s inside them or not but I would assume so

I signed up yesterday. I didn't realize I had to wait to get the coupon mailed to me. I guess I don't know any details of it, lol, what are the restrictions? She said I should have it next week.
Listed here if you scroll. https://www.target.com/c/redcard/-/N-4tfyn

Nothing too surprising, Tylenol & Motrin seem overboard. I’m using it on furniture I’m giving my parents for the holidays. I want them to have it by Thanksgiving (so my bro & I can assemble it for them) so purchasing by the coupon expiration in mid-Nov fits my plans nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter