I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that Albort! Glad you got your points back (in a later post).

If I had Mint or something like that, would it notify me of points being used/earned?
I'm just not familiar with Mint, Betterment, YNAB? etc. to know what they do, but thinking that it would be better to look one place than to log onto every account I have.

awardwallet would be the only thing i can think of that would alert me of point changes... I have an account with them though but it did not alert me to it as it checks x # of days vs it being live. Email is probably still your best bet.

To my knowledge, the Disney Premier Visa has never had support links - and I've found that slighly odd.

Is there a reason you are keeping the Premier Visa (and potentially paying an AF to have it)? If you've had that card for over a year, you could easily downgrade it to the no AF version and BOOM you're in the support link game. I've found this to be a card that never generates support links here on this thread (because we all realize it isn't the best offer) BUT in real life lots of people want it so it works out well there for me.

Maybe I'm thinking of something else then.

We got it for the sign up bonus originally, but now we're racking up quite a few points with gas and groceries so we're keeping it. But maybe we'll downgrade since more of our travel is start to subside.

I have a phone problem, too, but the opposite--I hate to get rid of my current phones and have had my current one almost 5 years. I know it's only a matter of time before it has to be upgraded but I dread that, in part because it will mean I need to go through all of the photos on my phone. Which brings me to a question--does anyone know an easy way to get prints made from photos on the iphone? My current method is to email the photo to myself, download it onto my computer, then upload it to Costco or Walgreens or Shutterfly. I would be surprised if there is not some more efficient way to do it.
Costco and sams have apps you can upload to directly.

Mint and yellow sure are pretty, but you're right they stay mostly covered up anyways.
I don't upgrade mine very often anymore, since they now cost as much as a laptop.

I have had my phone 4 or 5 years...usually update it when the battery starts to need charging too often.. love purple....but then I’d have to replace my Cinderella phone case...

Last edited:
I don't have a purple problem, but I do have an iPhone problem, and I have NEVER kept a phone 3 years in my life, like the one I currently have.

My Samsung 8 has a chipped corner and I want a new phone. That's the only reason because the corner is chipped. I'm trying to make it to 2 years and that's until March. Not sure I'm going to make it.

I have had my phone 4 or 5 years...usually update it when the battery starts to need charging too often...DH replaces his every 2 years.....

This year is a tough decision. My iPhone X is my primary camera (the one I have with me always), so I appreciate the significant upgrade to the cameras, but true 5G wireless won’t come out until next year’s model and I don’t do phone upgrades every year anymore.

I have had my phone 4 or 5 years...usually update it when the battery starts to need charging too often...DH replaces his every 2 years.....

I was getting a new phone every year, but Apple is getting insane with their $1000+ phones. So it’s now been two years for me. The battery is shot. I’m always on my phone though lol. I think I’m getting the new one this year. It looks like Verizon will give us $450 for our old phone and $200 to switch so that will help. I’m still looking out for other deals though.

How old Lain?

If you're going to get one, get the actual carry-on. Or honestly, even the big carry-on. Not much bigger, it's 4 wheels so moves about the same w/ adjustable heigh handle, but they can use it for years and years. Whereas the kids is done with after they outgrow it.

But - it's fun for them while they have it. And, at a certain age, they are going to want new, not 'that old thing' no matter how well constructed a parent thinks it is.

My kiddo just turned 6 and tends to overpack. She’s fine handling our Tumi international carry-ons, and wants her own luggage, but it has to be pink.

Weve always done a carry-on for both wife and I and backpacks for everyone else. My now 6 (today, happy bday Ellie!) year old has done a backpack but it gets heavy after a while and I've second guessed myself on her not simply getting a carry-on instead. I think if I were to do it all over again, I'd get her a carry-on and then when she is around 10-12, getting a backpack to supplement the carry on.

This was our setup (kids are on the floor- little one for 6 year old and big one for 10)

But - it's fun for them while they have it. And, at a certain age, they are going to want new, not 'that old thing' no matter how well constructed a parent thinks it is.
Hey- I'm cheap and was raised by a dad you'd think grew up in the depression. :rotfl:

If I cancel the Hilton AMEX Ascend card, do I lose Gold Status immediately? Or if I have a trip a few months later, would I still have it for that trip?

Thanks!
Small advice- I'd never cancel a Hilton Personal. I'd always downgrade to the basic no fee and wait for an upgrade offer. They pop up every couple months and it's a "free" ~120k points. I even downgrade a couple months after I get the bonus and repeat it 2-3 times a year. :D

How old Lain?

If you're going to get one, get the actual carry-on. Or honestly, even the big carry-on. Not much bigger, it's 4 wheels so moves about the same w/ adjustable heigh handle, but they can use it for years and years. Whereas the kids is done with after they outgrow it.

I have a phone problem, too, but the opposite--I hate to get rid of my current phones and have had my current one almost 5 years. I know it's only a matter of time before it has to be upgraded but I dread that, in part because it will mean I need to go through all of the photos on my phone. Which brings me to a question--does anyone know an easy way to get prints made from photos on the iphone? My current method is to email the photo to myself, download it onto my computer, then upload it to Costco or Walgreens or Shutterfly. I would be surprised if there is not some more efficient way to do it.

At Costco I was able to plug in and 'share' from my phone directly. That said, the tech didn't know how to do it with my phone. I figured it out myself after he gave up. Oh wait - I have a Samsung. I have no idea what an iphone does.

My DD has her own carry on, something similar to this, but with a pink trim instead of aqua. The spinners make it really easy for her to handle it herself which she insists on doing. It is smaller in size, but we find it sufficient for summer trips with mostly tshirts and shorts. Anything extra just goes in our checked luggage.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/pro...RuUc7Mib_gAsMj95krdMGe1fQ1uOM1_xoCRrwQAvD_BwE

@Lain I was going to suggest the similar ones from disney store online...the animator's collection ones. They came in 2 sizes and my DD3 has both. They are seriously adorable. Looks like they don't sell them anymore, but the above PBKids set is very similar.

Last edited:
I was getting a new phone every year, but Apple is getting insane with their $1000+ phones. So it’s now been two years for me. The battery is shot. I’m always on my phone though lol. I think I’m getting the new one this year. It looks like Verizon will give us $450 for our old phone and $200 to switch so that will help. I’m still looking out for other deals though.

I’m not on my phone a lot...My iPad is what I use most often for work, to read, disboards...etc...so I’m sure that’s why the battery lasts

So I had asked for opinions about AofA before I booked it for our recent trip and I wanted to no reply with my thoughts. It seemed like the majority here don't care for it for various reasons. Pop seems very popular everywhere.

My thoughts were....I actually loved the resort theming. It had a great smelling lobby too, which is a Disney thing I guess. I did get really tired of the walk to the LM rooms, so on that point I agree. I thought the food choices in the food court were lame. After the first day, I figured out I needed to be ordering kids meals b/c they came with drinks and sides for less money. The main pool and splash pad were highly entertaining for DD3. She loved the room, of course. I felt very immersed in Disney, which was great! Bus service was great...no issues except some of the stops were so far away. I did think the shower in the room had soap scum or something, but the texture of the tiles was a bad choice for cleanliness. ETA: We had the one night where doors slamming were keeping me up, but that was it. Our noise machine kept it reasonably quiet the rest of the trip.)

Our last night we walked to Pop b/c I hadn't been there in a decade plus and I was hoping for better food choices. Most of the food was the same, so that was unfortunate. I didn't care for the theme of the decor around the resort. I let DD3 swim a bit while we were there (gasp, pool hopped) and she had fun, but the pool is nothing special at all. I guess I'd stay there for $100/night and skyliner access on a short trip, but I wouldn't be excited about it.

Now DME....wth is wrong with that service this year? They consistently want to pick me up 3.5 hours before my flight. I refused to deal this time and we took an uber...alone...and I was so scared the whole time. They guy was super nice, but I just don't trust people. Ha! It cost me about $50 with the carseat fee. We left the resort about 2 hours before the flight and had no one at all ahead of us in the precheck line (as is usual) and there wasn't even anyone in the regular line. I got to the gate and it was a ghost town. We still had an hour to kill sitting there. I don't buy that traffic, long security bull they sell me about DME. They simply cut back and are trying to save money. On 5 trips this year, with 2+ hours at the gate, they can't convince me otherwise.:mad:

Now DME....wth is wrong with that service this year? They consistently want to pick me up 3.5 hours before my flight. I refused to deal this time and we took an uber...alone...and I was so scared the whole time. They guy was super nice, but I just don't trust people. Ha! It cost me about $50 with the carseat fee. We left the resort about 2 hours before the flight and had no one at all ahead of us in the precheck line (as is usual) and there wasn't even anyone in the regular line. I got to the gate and it was a ghost town. We still had an hour to kill sitting there. I don't buy that traffic, long security bull they sell me about DME. They simply cut back and are trying to save money. On 5 trips this year, with 2+ hours at the gate, they can't convince me otherwise.:mad:

This amazes me because every time we've been to MCO it has been a nightmare of people and chaos and long lines. We never use ME because DH always wants his own car to be on his own time.

This amazes me because every time we've been to MCO it has been a nightmare of people and chaos and long lines. We never use ME because DH always wants his own car to be on his own time.
Wow, that is crazy. I always hear these stories but have not ever experienced this at all. We have had precheck for a few year now, so maybe that skews my view.

Advice please!

No credit card use this year. Stagnant, unused lowes card(for sudden house fixes), at least 4 years old. Nothing else out.

Would starting with a business southwest card be ideal? Husband buys his tickets monthly for work trip.

Houston is our SW hub.

His work pays for Hilton hotels only. Hilton has their best reward point business right now. The idea is adding more points to the free from work trips points.

Any idea if starting with cip works out better?

Goals would be flights paid for. Hotels I'm not as worried over. Not a luxury hotel aficionado. Hotels are more all over the place in what brand is good deal. Flights not so much.

Extreme long term goal japan for the parks there. Buisness flight. 2023 I could see Japan.

Recommendations for a credit card I can put an authorized user on and also put a spending limit? I know how on business cards, but not personal ones. This is for a nanny. Bonus if there’s a point bonus somewhere to do it! My only personal cards are chase Disney and chase southwest. Biz are legitimately biz and I can’t put her on there. Cap one, Am Ex, Chase Sapphire. Figured I’d ask the experts!

It seemed like the majority here don't care for it for various reasons

Very possibly the last visit to WDW for my family was at AoA-Nemo Suite and I was really impressed. Of course, anytime I don't have to share a bathroom with DD, I'm happy, lol. I enjoyed the room layout (again, a suite), the themeing of the resort and the quick service. Guess I didn't chime in at the time but glad you enjoyed it. I do think it's overshadowed by the fancier Deluxes but I'd definitely stay there again...if I hadn't sworn off WDW 🤣

This amazes me because every time we've been to MCO it has been a nightmare of people and chaos and long lines.

Me, too! It's chaos whenever I fly through there. I'll be there in about 5 weeks returning from Dublin and to avoid too much of the craziness I'm spending the night at the MCO Hyatt. I hate hate hate the TSA lines. I actually used to worry if MDE isn't a good 3 1/2 hours because I'd be concerned we'll get held up in the lines. Of course, I make us leave 2 hours early for our tiny 12 gate airport that is 4 miles away so it could be me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter