I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have bunches of American Girls too. My oldest has passed them to my next two younger girls. I'll save them and split them among the girls someday. One year for Christmas my sister gave my DD her old American Girl. We sent her to the doll hospital and had her all cleaned up and new looking. That was a special one ♥

I have one daughter, who was not interested in dolls in the least, so I don't really get the American Girl thing, but I just had to say that the doll hospital is such a great idea. I wish more companies invested in maintaining their products.

As for childhood keepsakes, I do have a few bins of Brio train things but my real hoarding problem is their books. Ask me why I have a box full of Berenstain bears books and I could not give you a good answer.

And not on the fun stuff, still no miles from AMEX on my Delta, and yes I check at least daily. Getting soooooo mad.

Right there with ya :mad: Spoke with them again last week - had a very helpful CSRep who spent a lot of time going through everything and in his words.......'the case you opened last week has been approved and I am 100% sure the miles will transfer to Amex on or before your next statement date'. He also mentioned trying to get me 10,000 bonus miles as a goodwill gesture for the delay so we will see what happens.

The wait goes on.................

We have had Orecks for like 20 some years. Last year decided to splurge and buy a Cordless Dyson V8. Was not sure if I would like it (bought in on QVC and you can return anything within 30 days). I love that vacuum. It is so convenient not having the cords and easily goes from the wood floors to carpet (and I also vacuum by comforter from the dog laying on it). Can't imagine ever going back to a corded vacuum. I cannot believe either how much dog hair comes out - seriously not sure how the dog even has any fur left there is so much on the floor.
The dyson v8 is $100 more than the shark I’m looking at and has worse reviews. The cordless would be nice....sigh

Oops forgot my vacuum comment LOL. We had a Dyson, well still do, Animal. Don't like it. We got a Shark liftaway, LOVE It!!!!! We got the one with the motorized pet brush, very necessary on our carpeted stairs with 3 dogs.
Lol seems like everyone here is split between dyson and shark so Dh and I are just gonna have to pick and stop worrying about it

We have had Orecks for like 20 some years. Last year decided to splurge and buy a Cordless Dyson V8. Was not sure if I would like it (bought in on QVC and you can return anything within 30 days). I love that vacuum. It is so convenient not having the cords and easily goes from the wood floors to carpet (and I also vacuum by comforter from the dog laying on it). Can't imagine ever going back to a corded vacuum. I cannot believe either how much dog hair comes out - seriously not sure how the dog even has any fur left there is so much on the floor.
I also went from Oreck to Dyson V8 Absolute. Total game changer. DD has very long, thick hair and I have thick hair and that thing picks up so much it's unreal. Does a good job on tile, hardwood, area rugs, wall-to-wall. Absolutely no regrets. And cordless is amazing.

So my $100 GC on SW did get reimbursement which is great! I will do another $100 in couple of days.

However my $60 statement credit for system error when I was approved and could not get the number is nowhere to be found and when I opened a case through chat no resolution and they told me nothing helpful. I took a picture on my phone hopefully in time it gets corrected....now 26 pages to backread.
This is Amex Platinum? I'm thinking of selecting SW and pulling the trigger. Recent DPs seem good.

Today was my day to make FPs and I couldn’t get FOP or SDD. Mine train was only available for times that wouldn’t work for us. Trying not to get too down about it since this is a bonus trip for us and not something we’ve been planning forever.
If you don’t mind me asking how many days were you trying to book? I’ll be booking at 60+3 later this year and fairly certain I’ll be getting nothing tops in AK or MK :(

I've been working on mapping out a rough outline of future trips so that I can collect appropriate points. We want to do a land/sea in Nov 2020 but the price of a Disney Cruise is shocking me. We need two staterooms. Is there any savings for Disney Cruises? AA I'm assuming but Citi doesn't like us yet. Any other way?

We have a bird that I’m getting pretty close to killing (not really but omg). It decided it’s a good idea to run itself into our bathroom window over and over every single morning waking me up. I’ve been woken up early almost every morning to this damn bird hitting our window
In the fields where I live some farmers put shiny ribbon looking things on the ends to deter birds. I’ve seen it in vineyards too. Maybe try hanging a metallic/reflective like piece of thick ribbon on the outside of the window?

I used my Amex 10% offer at Staples. (On Friday). I spent $400. My credit this morning is saying $25? Is it just too soon to be concerned. The offer was up to $100 back.
I would be concerned. Also, I would go through your account history for the whole year just to double check you didn't use part of it earlier as the offer has been around a while.

I've been working on mapping out a rough outline of future trips so that I can collect appropriate points. We want to do a land/sea in Nov 2020 but the price of a Disney Cruise is shocking me. We need two staterooms. Is there any savings for Disney Cruises? AA I'm assuming but Citi doesn't like us yet. Any other way?

We have been on 5 Disney cruises and the only thing I have found is to book on board for your next cruise (which won't help if it is your first one) and buy gift cards at a discount or use your UR points (or others) to "erase" or negate the charges. I am sure there are other ways and those more knowledgeable can chime in. We find Disney really is worth the extra money. As a family we have been on 2 Royal Caribbeans (Harmony and Liberty) and the 5 Disney. I am looking at a 9 night southern on Royal to hit the ABC islands in February and my boys said they had no desire to go on Royal.

In the fields where I live some farmers put shiny ribbon looking things on the ends to deter birds. I’ve seen it in vineyards too. Maybe try hanging a metallic/reflective like piece of thick ribbon on the outside of the window?

We get shiny things meant to hang outside from the dollar tree each spring and hang them around the house. Keeps the flicker from hammering on most of the house but it's found the one spot we can't hang one because of the bird feeders and pounds away there in the morning. So frustrating.

Me when I saw r Churning will Purge Jul 1-8:
View attachment 411359

I’m glad we have each other here (even beyond the main reasons of us being supportive and civil to each other!) because Reddit will be useless.
Were you around during the last purge? I rather enjoyed it for a week actually lol. Just get ready to let out a lot of pent up frustration :D

I’m trying to figure out how I should pay my wedding balance that’s due in September. I can pay another 3k with Disney Giftcards so I’m working on that but I still owe another 9k. This would have been perfect to get the Biz Plat now. Anyway I emailed my wedding planner if I could pay with Visa Gift Cards. lol I’d like to at least get 4xMR I doubt they will allow that though. Any other ideas? No Chase, on the Citi train so I could potentially just do that, Amex I have every Charge card (SO just needs the regular plat), I could get a credit card in a few days though.

Can you fund a Morgan Stanley account to get the MS Plat? Have you gotten the Ameriprise Plat (which comes with a SUB now)?

Can you fund a Morgan Stanley account to get the MS Plat? Have you gotten the Ameriprise Plat (which comes with a SUB now)?

Ameriprise Plat I can get without doing anything special?

I could float the 5k for a Morgan Stanley account but it seems like a hassle for 60,000 MR. Maybe in December if I can do the triple dip. But I’ll leave it open for now.

I would be concerned. Also, I would go through your account history for the whole year just to double check you didn't use part of it earlier as the offer has been around a while.

Darn it. You are right. I used the rest in April. I totally forgot since we don’t have a trip planned. I thought I hadn’t bought any this year. I need to be better with tracking. Now, I didn’t get the 10% on $150 and I have a Lowe’s offer going to waste bc I don’t need more cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter