• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading it right that all you get for the $550 AF is uber credits monthly?

No, the Ameriprise Plat's benefits are just like the vanilla Plat's for the same $550 AF.

$200 airline incidental credits per calendar year.
$200 Uber credits divvied up by $15/month from January-November and $35 in December.
$100 Saks 5th Avenue credit, divvied up $100 in January-June and another $100 in July-December.
Up to $100 GE/TSA Precheck credit.

The other benefits are duplicative and non-stackable if you have another Plat, e.g., lounge access, status at Hilton and Marriott, etc.

I think the only difference in value proposition is you can get targeted for the 100k MR offer or pretty easily pull up the incognito 75k MR offer on the vanilla Plat. You can also self-refer to the vanilla Plat. You can't refer to the Ameriprise Plat, and I'm pretty sure you can't do better than the standard 60k MR SUB on the Ameriprise Plat.

The upside with the Ameriprise, as with all the other flavors of the Plat, is that it essentially gives you another bite at the apple. You can get another big SUB on a "Plat" since Amex considers the different flavors separate products.

The upside with the Ameriprise, as with all the other flavors of the Plat, is that it essentially gives you another bite at the apple. You can get another big SUB on a "Plat" since Amex considers the different flavors separate products.

Guarantee Amex will one day consider them the same product like Chase has started to do with their cards. Maybe I should hit this hard now and call?

Last edited:
We need 2 rooms as well. I find being flexible and booking a *GT rate is the best bet. We actually cancelled our early booking that had an OBB discount and OBC for a *GT rate this last sailing...it was a better deal. We have always gotten 2 connecting rooms with *GT but be aware that is not guaranteed at all.
So I'm such a novice at this. What is a *GT rate?

I'm not sure I understand what the point of that is. But then again, I don't really understand reddit very well.

I haven't been in r/churning long enough to put words in the moderators' mouths, but in other subreddits it can be an effort to encourage people to get involved and participate instead of relying on the auto-posts. It also seems to have the effect of making people appreciate the structured threads and stop complaining 😆

Ugh, I need to rant. I’m going to Maine Saturday and the Portland airport rental car facility closes at 12:30. We land at 12:10am. I tried calling the place to let them know we maybe a bit late but to wait and I keep getting transferred to their international call center. Ughhh they also said if I was delayed they won’t wait but don’t worry I can pick up the car up to 15 hours after my reservation. Like ok but where the hell am I going to go while I wait for you to open again at 6am??

Ugh. What a pain. DD spent a summer in Bar Harbor doing research at a lab and said Maine is gorgeous. What I remember is that it was a logistical nightmare (and really expensive) to get her there and back. I guess it's just so remote that they don't stay open late the way that other large cities do.

Ugh. What a pain. DD spent a summer in Bar Harbor doing research at a lab and said Maine is gorgeous. What I remember is that it was a logistical nightmare (and really expensive) to get her there and back. I guess it's just so remote that they don't stay open late the way that other large cities do.

I was shocked to learn it wasn’t open 24 hours. Then I looked up DCA and they close at 12am lol

Dh found out he has this Friday off (since he gets every other Friday off) so we're entertaining the idea of possibly going to the Villain DAH Thursday night and H2O Glow on Saturday night. I'm not finding great hotel prices even with our AP discount. I'm wondering if we should stay in the DS area.
Ya'll are like the energizer bunnies. :goodvibes
I see Pop for $136, WL for $300ish, and AoA all on Priceline.

If anyone has old Playmobil toys they DON’T want to save for their grandchildren someday, they resell really well on eBay!

Aww I love Playmobil. DD has a basket full, but I don't think I can bear to part with them. At her age I think the cash would definitely win. I might not share this info with her. ;)

I’m just hoping they aren’t starting a race to the bottom.

I was thinking the same thing. I saw that airlines are doing that with their J-class right now (I think it was Emirates who started this race when they took away lounge privileges for awards seats but now every day is bringing news of benefits disappearing).

DW is on her CIP3, and I’ll be going for CIP3 next month.

DW CIP1: Opened 9/17, closed 10/18

DW CIP2: Approved 3/11/19, still open with CL reduced to $1k as of a month ago.

Also still open: CIU approved in 9/18 ($5k CL), and a CIC approved in 12/18 ($1k CL).

DW CIP3: Applied 6/14/19, and approved 6/16/19 with a $9k CL.

So DW currently has 4 open Chase biz cards. All biz cards are with SSN only; no EIN. I think the key is to lower your CLs sufficiently ahead of applying for another Chase biz card, and adequately space out apps by ~3 months. If the card is a sock drawer card, but it’s too soon to close it (<1 year), don’t be hesitant to SM Chase to reduce that card’s CL down to $1k or even $500.

The CIP takes 7-10 business days to arrive, but it’s possible to ask Chase to expedite it to 2-day delivery. Because DW now has 2 open CIPs on the same account, and we don’t need the CIP right away, I did not want to risk any eyes on DW’s account by requesting CIP3 expedited and opted to have it delivered via snail mail.

Plan accordingly and good luck!

Thanks for the input!

I haven't planned -- still have CIP #1 open, CL around $9,000.00 (September, 2018) and CIP #2, CL $5,000.00 (March 23). I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow as I'm heading to South Beach for the night -- won't be opening any applications after dinner / drinks lol.

If they look at my CSR I may have issues as it's still at $35,000.00 (I've been meaning to lower it for ages and never get around to it.

Will post decision when I hear back!

It is a rate that is released closer to sailing (usually but not always) when the ship isn't filling well. It is restricted...no changes, cancellations, etc, and you don't choose your room...it is assigned.
Interesting. So do you book and then cancel and book one of these if it becomes available?

Interesting. So do you book and then cancel and book one of these if it becomes available?
You can, as long as you do it outside the penalty period. But alot of times (again, not a hard and fast rule) these rates are released after the PIF date. At times, it can still benefit people to cancel and rebook even if they have to pay the fee. I generally am not able to plan way ahead and stick to the plans anyways....4 kids and lots of activities here...so I just grab a rate when I see it that works for us...within a few months of sailing.

ETA: Here is the latest post on a tracking thread over on the cruise forum. You could subscribe so you can watch and get an idea of the pricing, timing, etc.
#3,656

We have a Shark navigator liftaway. I love it! Have had 3 Dysons (we are users and abusers of vacuums lol) and this Shark easily keeps up with anything our Dysons could do but it's so much less.
This is what we have as well and love it. Works great on carpet and hard floors. @Haley R it works great picking up cat litter and fur. I even use it on the cat trees.

Thanks for the input!

I haven't planned -- still have CIP #1 open, CL around $9,000.00 (September, 2018) and CIP #2, CL $5,000.00 (March 23). I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow as I'm heading to South Beach for the night -- won't be opening any applications after dinner / drinks lol.

If they look at my CSR I may have issues as it's still at $35,000.00 (I've been meaning to lower it for ages and never get around to it.

Will post decision when I hear back!

Chase does look at all credit they have given you on both personal and business cards....so you may want to consider lowering the limits on the above cards prior to applying

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter