• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ameriprise Plat I can get without doing anything special?

I could float the 5k for a Morgan Stanley account but it seems like a hassle for 60,000 MR. Maybe in December if I can do the triple dip. But I’ll leave it open for now.

The Ameriprise Plat is supposed to be for customers who have an Ameriprise account, but it's never been enforced. It's otherwise the same as a vanilla Plat. 60k MR SUB $5k MSR in 3 months, $550 AF.

If you're still holding a vanilla Plat, you may not get auto-approved and you'll have to call in and explain that the Ameriprise is a different product to get the app pushed through. (I think this happens only if you've gotten another Plat flavor in the last 90 days.)

Last edited:
Just caught up on the last ten or so pages. Had a late night last night coming back from our horse show and then spent the morning trying to catch up at work. Phew!

Had a dummy mistake over the weekend:

The AF posted on my Hilton Biz. I was planning to cancel it July 1. Well, in the meantime my statement closed and my automatic payment posted this morning. Will I still be able to get my AF back since I've paid it, or am I just stuck keeping the card for the next year? I mean, it's not the end of the world since it's only $95, but kind of frustrating that I let it slip.

Just caught up on the last ten or so pages. Had a late night last night coming back from our horse show and then spent the morning trying to catch up at work. Phew!

Had a dummy mistake over the weekend:

The AF posted on my Hilton Biz. I was planning to cancel it July 1. Well, in the meantime my statement closed and my automatic payment posted this morning. Will I still be able to get my AF back since I've paid it, or am I just stuck keeping the card for the next year? I mean, it's not the end of the world since it's only $95, but kind of frustrating that I let it slip.

If you cancel the card in time (30 days after the close of the statement on which the AF posted), Amex will refund your AF even if the card is closed. You'll just have a credit balance, for which you can request Amex apply it as payment to a different card account or send you a check in the mail.

If you cancel the card in time (30 days after the close of the statement on which the AF posted), Amex will refund your AF even if the card is closed. You'll just have a credit balance, for which you can request Amex apply it as payment to a different card account or send you a check in the mail.

Perfect! That's the answer that I was hoping for, but wasn't sure how they would like that since I already paid it. I'm still within 30 days, so hopefully no issues.

If you don’t mind me asking how many days were you trying to book? I’ll be booking at 60+3 later this year and fairly certain I’ll be getting nothing tops in AK or MK :(
Well be there for 4 park days. I tried SDD for our last day and FoP for our third day but no dice. Mine train was available on our second day but only late afternoon.

Thank you for adding the spoiler points. I have to wait till next week to see TS 4. My oldest is away this week and she wants us to wait for her to go see it. It's killing me and my youngest. I'm doing my best not to find out what happens.

Same, but I wait to see movies on purpose. I like a less crowded theater. So we'll see TS4 in a few weeks. Just saw Aladdin this weekend and enjoyed it. :)

The Ameriprise Plat is supposed to be for customers who have an Ameriprise account, but it's never been enforced. It's otherwise the same as a vanilla Plat. 60k MR SUB $5k MSR in 3 months, $550 AF.

If you're still holding a vanilla Plat, you may not get auto-approved and you'll have to call in and explain that the Ameriprise is a different product to get the app pushed through. (I think this happens only if you've gotten another Plat flavor in the last 90 days.)

Ahh thanks so I think I’ll get SO and I each the Ameriprise Plat in 90 days lol so I don’t need to call.

Same, but I wait to see movies on purpose. I like a less crowded theater. So we'll see TS4 in a few weeks. Just saw Aladdin this weekend and enjoyed it. :)
We saw TS4 yesterday morning at 11:30 am and there was hardly anyone in the theater. I was actually kind of surprised. We still need to see Rocketman and Aladdin.

Ok, I'm so clueless when it comes to Reddit - what does this mean?

Because most of the threads are their automatically-posted threads, and very little new posts are being created by the users themselves, they are taking one week off from the auto-mod posts. The only content on the site will be new posts from users.

So, it will be a disorganized mess ;)

I've been working on mapping out a rough outline of future trips so that I can collect appropriate points. We want to do a land/sea in Nov 2020 but the price of a Disney Cruise is shocking me. We need two staterooms. Is there any savings for Disney Cruises? AA I'm assuming but Citi doesn't like us yet. Any other way?

We need 2 rooms as well. I find being flexible and booking a *GT rate is the best bet. We actually cancelled our early booking that had an OBB discount and OBC for a *GT rate this last sailing...it was a better deal. We have always gotten 2 connecting rooms with *GT but be aware that is not guaranteed at all.

Am I reading it right that all you get for the $550 AF is uber credits monthly?

She will care about them. Once she has her own children.

That's what I told her. We packed up and stored all the American Girl dolls recently. She played with them a ton. The train set (the first part was mine from when I was little, but it fit with Brio tracks perfectly so we added on and on and on) is stored away, too. And lots of Legos since I had some, DH had some, and we bought some for DD. Also lots of wooden toys because I was looking for "open ended" play things. We just put the wooden kitchen with all it's wooden food away - I left it out for years because friends with little kids would come sometimes and they all seemed to love it, too. Oh, and little people! We had the barn. :) Nice memories.

Me when I saw r Churning will Purge Jul 1-8:
I’m glad we have each other here (even beyond the main reasons of us being supportive and civil to each other!) because Reddit will be useless.
Were you around during the last purge? I rather enjoyed it for a week actually lol. Just get ready to let out a lot of pent up frustration :D
Because most of the threads are their automatically-posted threads, and very little new posts are being created by the users themselves, they are taking one week off from the auto-mod posts. The only content on the site will be new posts from users.

So, it will be a disorganized mess ;)

I'm not sure I understand what the point of that is. But then again, I don't really understand reddit very well.

Dh found out he has this Friday off (since he gets every other Friday off) so we're entertaining the idea of possibly going to the Villain DAH Thursday night and H2O Glow on Saturday night. I'm not finding great hotel prices even with our AP discount. I'm wondering if we should stay in the DS area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter