I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's better than absolutely none of those offers on the Chase cards, but with just one (and that one being worth $4 at Rite Aid) I'm not feeling the love. We struck out this week, both with Amex and Chase. Maybe it's because we need more cards! ;)

What about the Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger from Spain?

tenor.gif
DS wanted one 🙄

For those of you have raved about Homecomin', do you recommend getting an ADR or can we just wing it?
Nope, nope, nope. Can’t do pics of them.

Haha sorry! If it makes you feel better, it is dead. But I also hate them, and there’s no “good snake” in my book. Knock on wood, with her hunting I’ve only ever seen one poisonous snake on our property.

I am totally with you! Hate, hate, hate snakes. We occasionally see black snakes in our yard and I run. DH chased one out of the yard and then was when I learned they could climb trees. So now I am scared one will fall from the trees every time I mow under the tree limbs. I can’t even watch Nagini in Harry Potter or Fantastic Beasts.
Ack, me too!! But I was thoroughly aware they climb trees and am always concerned when under trees. I would have died quickly in Hunger Games. I hadn’t seen one in the wild in years before I went to South Africa and while on Safari came across their version of a garden snake sunning itself on the path to my room. I barely registered “$&?@-€~£ SNAKE @?$*¥!!!!!!” when the thing dashed into the bush as I scared it as much as it scared me poor thing. I had no choice but to pass and after waiting a minute (...fine, after standing frozen for a couple minutes) I went about 10 feet, rounded the turn to my room and SAW IT DASH INTO TO THE BUSH AGAIN. Apparently it takes a similar amount of time for snakes to calm down as for people. I was shaking for at least 15 minutes upon getting back to my room :sad2: and I’m 99% certain it was an average variety non-triangle head snake. BUT STILL.

Last edited:

Saw this over on Flyertalk , and have to say, this and the fear of shutdown is one reason my Chase UR balance will never hit a million
I’d heard this story before, tried to set up this password and a couple Chase reps were like “WTH?...” I gave up. Please inform us if anyone has success doing this.

I want to do this but SO refuses to eat at places that have food out like buffets where people can just go up and take food. We have done cape May and chef mickeys but he doesn’t eat. (We only do this when we are on the dining plan so it doesn’t bother me as much lol) we are also doing 1900 park fare with his family in December and he won’t eat then either but it will be fun to be with the family.

I know what you (and others) mean about buffets! I'm generally fine without washing my hands as long as it's not finger food. But interestingly, I have a friend who's a cop, and it's just the opposite for him. If it's food made for the masses, fine, but if it's a dish made specifically for him (by someone he might have arrested), no way.

Yes!!! I do the same and have plenty of those little Lysols! LOL I actually put the remote in a Ziploc bag. Works just fine and I feel much better about using it that way. :happytv:

Genus! Pre-packing plastic baggies.

Giant Foods (Virginia) has 8x on all "Happy" GCs. Figure this is good, but what's the best move? Buy using a 5x grocery card, maybe $100 (which would be worth 80 cents per gallon discount). Then are these Happy GCs cards just used anywhere?

Going back to Page 1710 where I left off ...

DS wanted one 🙄

It's actually not bad. I've become so bored with McDonald's menu offerings, that I actually liked their Signature Crafted items. Apparently those were too hard for them to make, and they're back to variations of the Quarter Pounder and Big Mac. So I'm looking forward to trying all their international favorites, even if it's only available for a limited time.

:rotfl2:

Are you getting the Happy Meals? We don’t usually eat McDonald’s, but my kiddo has been obsessed with collecting all the Toy Story 4 toys to build the RV. We’ll indulge her for Disney. (Btw, when did Disney start partnering with McDonald’s again for Happy Meal toys?)
We've gotten two Happy Meals for our boys over the last two weeks just for the silly TS4 toys lol. Can't even believe I'm giving in to this but I want those RV's competed. We only have the buzz and aliens so far.

Not that you need ANY more of a reason to pick BC, but I just remembered Dolphin also has 2 double beds whereas BC has 2 queens 😉

True, most rooms do. We actually had a king room with a sofa bed reserved. My uncle doesn't mind the pullout :tilt:
Oooh, that one sounds very pretty. I do like the lizards around because I know they eat bugs. We've got one of those curly tailed lizards that hangs out on our walk way everyday. I've named him Fred. At dusk during the summer we get the big brown snails 🐌 on the walk way. I love them! Anyone who comes to our house has been forewarned to keep an eye out for my snails and watch where they are going. This year I'm thinking of adding lights along the walk way to make it easier to see the snails and a snail crossing sign. Remember a few days ago when I mentioned something's wrong with me, yeah well here's further evidence :laughing:

My kids love spotting the lizards when we go to FL! Snails too! This was in front of the BC a few weeks ago 20190613_171712.jpg

Oh, and we were terrified to go out on our balcony when we had this visitor
20190611_141135.jpg

Wow what a terrible night that has become... As many of you know, my wife has a fear of flying. She'd been managing it well all week but apparently today, this afternoon, when I got home from an enjoyable afternoon at parent's day at my daughter's golf camp, she decided this trip was the last straw. Planes make her ill and she isn't going. She was physically sick laying the bed...

She's said this on each of the last 2 trips and acted this way but ultimately ended up going. Major difference this time...she refused to pack. I packed for her but she has maintained she is not going. I'm so unbelievably sad and torn right now. I would drive but if that was the case I'd have left last night at 4pm... now I sit here at 11pm trying to figure out what to do. Jacksonville is 12 hours which we can do in one day. And we could be in Captiva by 10am Sunday then (and not really miss anything). My wife says I should just go and take the girls...but this incredibly sad to me because I work and churn for family vacations...not 75% of the family vacations.

I don't even know what the point of this comment is... I just skimmed the whole thread from today and sorry I didn't pass out my usual allotment of likes. I don't like much of anything right now. I'm sorry...just not really myself right now...very torn....

EDIT: for those just seeing this now, she is coming as of the next morning.

Last edited:
@calypso726 not weird at all. I talk with our squirrel and named our widowed crow. I tall with the crows, but normally not good things. Talk to the jays too. We don't have any wild bunnies any more, neighbor saw a coyote on his security camera. But I think it's normal to talk to animals 😀 Dude and I have convos, he's totally aware of what we say or he has the most perfect timing always with his huffs and sighs.

So weird! But at least by your comment I am assuming this is standard for them. I was wondering if the card was somehow missing. But nothing in the letter indicated that there was a card included.

I applied for the exact same Citi card last week and got an approval letter like you (regular mail) today, with no credit card in it either. I thought it was odd too but figured I would wait a few days to see if one comes. The letter also gave me a pin number for cash advances and a few brochures. The letter didn't even say your credit card will be coming. Strange!

Wow what a terrible night that has become... As many of you know, my wife has a fear of flying. She'd been managing it well all week but apparently today, this afternoon, when I got home from an enjoyable afternoon at parent's day at my daughter's golf camp, she decided this trip was the last straw. Planes make her ill and she isn't going. She was physically sick laying the bed...

She's said this on each of the last 2 trips and acted this way but ultimately ended up going. Major difference this time...she refused to pack. I packed for her but she has maintained she is not going. I'm so unbelievably sad and torn right now. I would drive but if that was the case I'd have left last night at 4pm... now I sit here at 11pm trying to figure out what to do. Jacksonville is 12 hours which we can do in one day. And we could be in Captiva by 10am Sunday then (and not really miss anything). My wife says I should just go and take the girls...but this incredibly sad to me because I work and churn for family vacations...not 75% of the family vacations.

I don't even know what the point of this comment is... I just skimmed the whole thread from today and sorry I didn't pass out my usual allotment of likes. I don't like much of anything right now. I'm sorry...just not really myself right now...very torn....

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Not just for you, but for your wife too. I'm sure this is very hard to deal with for everyone. I have no words to offer that would make anything better, Just know that I am thinking of you guys and wishing you all well and hope that an acceptable solution for everyone presents itself. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter